HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sutter calling for Devils to run Lundqvist?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2008, 02:30 PM
  #176
NYRKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Sutter has joined the ranks of Lindy Ruff for biggest B***h. After his pathetic team loses, and after their ancient goaltender flops all over the ice, he sits their during the post-game and cries. When a team loses usually the team is upset, the fans cry, and the coach tells everyone to forget about it and move on. At least his attitude matches his players. And this is a whole different level of complaining...He wants them to go after lundqvist? Even Henrik said it, Brodeur plays a more agressive style, always at the top the crease, and all the devs defenseman are retarted as they push everyone into Brodeur. Screw this team and screw Sutter!

NYRKing is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 02:31 PM
  #177
segmentation fault
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey City
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 500
I have an idea. Play Vally and have their heads explode

segmentation fault is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 02:49 PM
  #178
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Mr Bojanglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: From Jersey w/ Love
Country: United States
Posts: 10,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by segmentation fault View Post
I have an idea. Play Vally and have their heads explode
I bet they (Rangers) would win. We have a habit of making backups look good

Mr Bojanglez is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 02:58 PM
  #179
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,683
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Why wouldnt we? I dont get it.



I dont know that it's fair to say the Rangers did that, but doesnt something like $20M of the $50M for 2008 come from recent signings? I think that's about right, maybe it's a bit more, maybe it's a bit less, but that's 40% of the team cap and it is quite a lot. Also, dont make it sound like just Devils fans have said that, it's quite a common comment from all corners of the NHL, whether it is in fact perhaps a stupid comment or not.



Because the 16 minute train ride really changes the "destination"? Yeah, it's like a whole different biome here once you cross the Hudson River. Here's a trivia question for you..... Do you know how many New York Rangers LIVE IN NEW JERSEY?

Zubrus may have had a bad year, so what? Chris Drury makes DOUBLE what Zubrus does and he only had 20 more points on the year. Was that 20 points worth the extra $3.5M? Do you really think it's not possible that Chris Drury or Danius Zubrus wont rebound and both have better seasons next year? I think it's highly likely both have a better 2009.



I'm glad to see you view it that way, and not simply a "defensive system" that leads to the Rangers solid defense. Because New Jersey Devils fans havent heard a similar comment like that for ohhh.......say the last 15 years or so.
The train ride could be 5 minutes and NJ would still not be an attractive destination for potential UFA's. The building is 30% empty on most nights. There's a problem when you can walk up and purchase a ticket for a playoff game. Why would a UFA want to play in a half empty building? Don't say the cups, cause they could easily sign on out on the Island if that were the case.

As for Drury over Zubrus, Yes, what Drury bring to the ice as a player is worth MORE than double what Zubrus makes. Both offensively and defensively Drury is HEAD AND SHOULDERS better than Zubrus.

What you got from Zubrus this year is pretty much the player you can expect. Aside from the 2 seasons spent playing center to Ovechkin, Zubrus has pretty much averaged about 30-35 points a year. Not sure you can expect much more production from him.

Meanwhile your own post alluded to the fact that Drury "could rebound". But a quick look at his last 8 seasons (not including this one) would show you that he hit his average of 58 points. The fact that he can still play better just proves how much a better player he is when compared to Zubrus.

But you can take your 3rd liner in Zubrus and we'll keep Drury. The player on the Rangers that really compares to Zubrus is Avery when it comes to production. But even then I'll take Avery over Zubrus...but that's just a style preference.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 03:07 PM
  #180
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Mr Bojanglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: From Jersey w/ Love
Country: United States
Posts: 10,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
The train ride could be 5 minutes and NJ would still not be an attractive destination for potential UFA's. The building is 30% empty on most nights. There's a problem when you can walk up and purchase a ticket for a playoff game. Why would a UFA want to play in a half empty building? Don't say the cups, cause they could easily sign on out on the Island if that were the case.

As for Drury over Zubrus, Yes, what Drury bring to the ice as a player is worth MORE than double what Zubrus makes. Both offensively and defensively Drury is HEAD AND SHOULDERS better than Zubrus.

What you got from Zubrus this year is pretty much the player you can expect. Aside from the 2 seasons spent playing center to Ovechkin, Zubrus has pretty much averaged about 30-35 points a year. Not sure you can expect much more production from him.

Meanwhile your own post alluded to the fact that Drury "could rebound". But a quick look at his last 8 seasons (not including this one) would show you that he hit his average of 58 points. The fact that he can still play better just proves how much a better player he is when compared to Zubrus.

But you can take your 3rd liner in Zubrus and we'll keep Drury. The player on the Rangers that really compares to Zubrus is Avery when it comes to production. But even then I'll take Avery over Zubrus...but that's just a style preference.
Well which is it? This is what happens when you exaggerate too often, you get your over the top facts mixed up

And I said this a couple days ago, but UFAs want to come here because we have a chance to win the cups. For the past 13 years we have been contenders almost every season. Even this year, with our worst team on paper, we still make the playoffs. With the recent history, teams like Detroit, NJ, Colorado... and even Anaheim and Dallas are lucrative teams to play for - cause they've been to the conference finals more than once in those times.

The Devils are a team that is more than likely to make the playoffs each year, and thats why UFAs want to come here. Not everyone wants to play in the Big Apple. Not everyone wants that fame and media attention, and in fact a lot of people can't handle it. Look at professional athletes all across the New York Sports spectrum. Some people can't hack it.

Just saying, look at Brodeur. The man could have played for ANY team in the league. Everyone knows that. He chose to play with New Jersey cause he knew they have a good chance to win each year.

Mr Bojanglez is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 03:22 PM
  #181
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Just saying, look at Brodeur. The man could have played for ANY team in the league. Everyone knows that. He chose to play with New Jersey cause he knew they have a good chance to win each year.
And it kills him that the building is so loud every time we score.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
  #182
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKing View Post
Sutter has joined the ranks of Lindy Ruff for biggest B***h. After his pathetic team loses, and after their ancient goaltender flops all over the ice, he sits their during the post-game and cries. When a team loses usually the team is upset, the fans cry, and the coach tells everyone to forget about it and move on. At least his attitude matches his players. And this is a whole different level of complaining...He wants them to go after lundqvist? Even Henrik said it, Brodeur plays a more agressive style, always at the top the crease, and all the devs defenseman are retarted as they push everyone into Brodeur. Screw this team and screw Sutter!
Yeah, I was actually noticing how much more professional Renney comes across after a loss. I couldn't believe how Sutter was crying during the post game interview. Whiney ***** is right. Pathetic.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 03:26 PM
  #183
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Mr Bojanglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: From Jersey w/ Love
Country: United States
Posts: 10,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
And it kills him that the building is so loud every time we score.
Nice little potshot, glad it had to do with what I was talking about. I'm pretty sure those "Marty" chants don't bother him. Not quite sure why you do it after he gives up 1 goal, or loses a game 2-1

Doesn't make much sense

Mr Bojanglez is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 03:29 PM
  #184
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Guys, last chance. Back on topic. Enough about the attendance.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 03:29 PM
  #185
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Well which is it? This is what happens when you exaggerate too often, you get your over the top facts mixed up

And I said this a couple days ago, but UFAs want to come here because we have a chance to win the cups. For the past 13 years we have been contenders almost every season. Even this year, with our worst team on paper, we still make the playoffs. With the recent history, teams like Detroit, NJ, Colorado... and even Anaheim and Dallas are lucrative teams to play for - cause they've been to the conference finals more than once in those times.

The Devils are a team that is more than likely to make the playoffs each year, and thats why UFAs want to come here. Not everyone wants to play in the Big Apple. Not everyone wants that fame and media attention, and in fact a lot of people can't handle it. Look at professional athletes all across the New York Sports spectrum. Some people can't hack it.

Just saying, look at Brodeur. The man could have played for ANY team in the league. Everyone knows that. He chose to play with New Jersey cause he knew they have a good chance to win each year.
Nonsense, this is fact as shown when 300 nhl players, 300!!!, no small sample size listed NJ as the 2nd place they'd least like to play and that was 2 yrs ago when you guys still had some upside as opposed to now with a great goalie but one who is 36, zero in the way of prospects coming to help over the next few yrs, a restrictive system for offensive players and attendance problems that go hand in hand with being the 3rd team even in your own state when compared to NYR-Flyer support.


Why would Hossa or Campbell, the 2 most sought after guys come July 1st choose NJ when they have their pick of whatever team they want?

JR#9* is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 03:30 PM
  #186
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Just think about all the posts the Mods must have deleted over the past couple of weeks. All the behind the scenes stuff you don't see.

Sure, our trolls are coming on to your boards... and its just the same on ours. It goes both ways. I like coming over on your board a lot to get into discussions and arguments over points. Everyone on my board will just agree with me.

I admit, every so often I'll make an immature comment but for the most part I try to stay on track. I think you might be generalizing our fanbase. It's more like... every team has immature people that try to irk others. Its not just the Devil fans. If you guys go onto the next round, then it will be the immature fans of that team.

Also, just take advantage of the ignore option. I've learned there are some people that just troll, or I'll never agree with, so I ignore them

your point about trolls i agree in that both fans have trolls BUT the difference is our mods dont dish out infractions left, right and centre yours do. and i very much doubt that there is as many going on your board as is coming on ours. plus why should i have to look through post after post made from devils fans on a rangers board on subjects that dont concern you guys?

i also should not need to ignore people on the rangers board fair enough if i was on the main board and didn't want to have to put up with or read someone's posts then yeah i'd ignore them.

but once again EVERY thread i go on all i see is devils avatars, logos, and that ****ing flying pig that benedict gomez has and to be honest i am sick of it. i am just wanting this series over tonight but i have a feeling you guys will still come here and give your opinions on all ranger related subjects.

z1co80 is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 03:32 PM
  #187
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
We're done.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.