HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 4/19/08 Wild @ Avalanche 8pm MST [Game 6] ‎

Old
04-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Gumballhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
TMI
Sorry, it wasn't even true.

Anyway, I am expecting the Avs to have a stronger offensive game this time around, I don't know if we can win another game like this last one. Hell, I don't think either team can play like that again, but it ought to be a barnburner.

I wonder if they'll dress Boogard again, he's really not done much of anything for them, although he's played better than I would expect him to.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 01:22 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
Forsberg will only have 2 assists in the next game, and bilros will be in here saying how horrible of a player he is.
Secondary assists dont count.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
TomahawkSniper

TomahawkSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:06 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

KRIEGER: Theodore was astonishing, mythical

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...hing-mythical/

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:12 PM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

at the beginning of the season if you told me Theo's numbers would be 2.04 GAA and .933 S% in the playoffs thus far I would have called you a liar

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:24 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Aside from covering Theo's performance, Krieger's column also included this cool little tidbit on the locker room during the second intermission:

Quote:
After looking like a senior pickup team for two periods, Avs captain Joe Sakic made a little speech during the second intermission.

" 'Sak' said a few words," Foote recounted. "He said, 'You know, we haven't been there, but let's turn this around and see what we can do.' We were fortunate to be tied after two periods, and we came out a lot harder."

After two periods of target practice, Colorado finally gave its goalie a little help.

"When I saw the guys coming for the third, I saw right away that we had an extra jump," Theodore said. "To score that second goal was huge, but the third one was probably the biggest goal because it kind of gave us a little room to breathe."

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Commander Enigma

I too had no hope for Theo. I thought it was a mistake to not buy him out last year. I thought the Aebi for Theo trade was set in stone as one of the great "Lacroix: The Final Years" blunders. It's great being wrong about things like this. Still too early to talk about re-signing him in the off season IMO, let's just hope he can keep this level of play up til the playoffs are over.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:31 PM
chiavsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralRonin View Post
I too had no hope for Theo. I thought it was a mistake to not buy him out last year. I thought the Aebi for Theo trade was set in stone as one of the great "Lacroix: The Final Years" blunders. It's great being wrong about things like this. Still too early to talk about re-signing him in the off season IMO, let's just hope he can keep this level of play up til the playoffs are over.
Yeah it looks pure genius now doesn't it? Theo is being a rejuvinated monster, and Aebischer wasn't even good enough to crack the Phoenix roster pre-Bryzgalov. Now he's back in Europe...my how things have changed.

And I preface this by saying that I was a fan of the trade from the beginning, and a person who was never EVER a fan of David Aebischer. Just so people don't accuse me of it...I'll just come out and say it

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan View Post
Yeah it looks pure genius now doesn't it? Theo is being a rejuvinated monster, and Aebischer wasn't even good enough to crack the Phoenix roster pre-Bryzgalov. Now he's back in Europe...my how things have changed.

And I preface this by saying that I was a fan of the trade from the beginning, and a person who was never EVER a fan of David Aebischer. Just so people don't accuse me of it...I'll just come out and say it
Think most everyone is down with the Aebi for Theo trade at this point, but the initial knock on it wasn't about losing Aebi but Theo's contract. And it DID take him a good little while to live up to it, but he is now and for now, that's all that matters.

Old
04-18-2008, 02:44 PM
DrCrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsginsocal View Post
I think the Avs are gonna go pedal to the medal and lock it up at home. The Wild are reeling!
3-1 Avs! After the last game the teams, mentally, are two worlds apart.

DrCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 03:02 PM
weezman

Send a message via AIM to weezman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1337 View Post
Cringe in fear!
Since I never got a chance to comment on this earlier I will now.

Obvious dive by Carney. The way he threw his head back and crumpled to the ice, you'd have thought he'd have had his face busted. Seriously Keith, great sell. Next time you should probably not choose to do it when big bad Tyler Arnason is on the dishing out end of it so us fans don't become convinced you're a nancy.

Oh and I also forgot:
What made it even better is when on the way to the box, Arnason called him out on it and Keith got mad. What's the matter Keith, can't handle being called what you are? The more I watch this series, the more this Wild team looks like the nerd who went to Karate class after getting beaten up by the bully and isn't any tougher but now is just very annoying. *ear to ground* Oh I can hear them coming.

weezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezman View Post
Since I never got a chance to comment on this earlier I will now.

Obvious dive by Carney. The way he threw his head back and crumpled to the ice, you'd have thought he'd have had his face busted. Seriously Keith, great sell. Next time you should probably not choose to do it when big bad Tyler Arnason is on the dishing out end of it so us fans don't become convinced you're a nancy.

Oh and I also forgot:
What made it even better is when on the way to the box, Arnason called him out on it and Keith got mad. What's the matter Keith, can't handle being called what you are? The more I watch this series, the more this Wild team looks like the nerd who went to Karate class after getting beaten up by the bully and isn't any tougher but now is just very annoying. *ear to ground* Oh I can hear them coming.
The thing I never noticed about that, was Hill's forearm driving Arny's head into the glass right before. He deserved every bit of that elbow.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 06:44 PM
avsrule

10-0 Wild

avsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 06:50 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Of anyone in the west, I'm pulling for you guys the most. Although I'm still bitter, I want Peter to be successful, unless it means beating us in the finals.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Foppa Frossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Of anyone in the west, I'm pulling for you guys the most. Although I'm still bitter, I want Peter to be successful, unless it means beating us in the finals.

Forsberg is a washed up has-been

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralRonin View Post
Think most everyone is down with the Aebi for Theo trade at this point, but the initial knock on it wasn't about losing Aebi but Theo's contract. And it DID take him a good little while to live up to it, but he is now and for now, that's all that matters.
Yeah, the salary cap impact still the main argument against the trade. Keep in mind, it essentially cost us the possibility of re-signing our top defenseman at the time (Rob Blake) OR hitting the free agent market frenzy after losing Forsberg and Foote the preceding offseason. Instead, coupled with the "surprise" bonus clause in the CBA, the Avs were unable to do either. Plus, the team was basically forced into trading Alex Tanguay due to the numbers. So the contract did indeed factor in what became a disappointing offseason. But that's all in the past.

I think we can judge the trade depending on how far the team goes this season AND if Theodore does indeed re-sign here. Right now, IMO, it's coming down pretty even -- since the Avs are still in the first round.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

Quote:
Forsberg is a washed up has-been
-6 secondary assists next game!

Grackle Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Just found out that I'm going to the game tomorow

I'll be there with my fellow wine and cheesers

Old
04-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Avsboy

If Theo steals game 6 (I think he'll have to play very well for a W), then I say he's worth everything. Getting to round 2 is the most I would expect from the avs, unless we can face dallas or anaheim.

Avsboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Foppa Frossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy12345 View Post
If Theo steals game 6 (I think he'll have to play very well for a W), then I say he's worth everything. Getting to round 2 is the most I would expect from the avs, unless we can face dallas or anaheim.
If Calgary or Nashville can manage to win, we will face dallas or anaheim if we win tomorrow.

Old
04-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Horsehouse

Game 6 against the Wild on the ropes?

IT'S A TRAP!

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Foppa Frossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsehouse View Post
Game 6 against the Wild on the ropes?

IT'S A TRAP!
The Wild is a fully operational battlestation?

Good thing we have rebel troops on Endor led by a battletorn scruffy nerf-herder (Forsberg), a princess (Theodore) and the little people that can still pack a punch (Arnason and Laperriere)

Old
04-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Yayo

Quote:
The Wild is a fully operational battlestation?

Good thing we have rebel troops on Endor led by a battletorn scruffy nerf-herder (Forsberg), a princess (Theodore) and the little people that can still pack a punch (Arnason and Laperriere)
And the young Jedi Paul Stastny's father is actually...Peter Stastny?

Yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayo View Post
And the young Jedi Paul Stastny's father is actually...Peter Stastny?
Peter Stastny is Darth Vader?

So, who is Chewie?

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
So, who is Chewie?
Size queen.