HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Strbak out indefinately

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2004, 11:18 PM
craig1

vCash: 500
Strbak out indefinately

According to article in today's trib (2/12/2004):
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_179090.html

Quote:"Scuderi..........His presence was necessitated by the Penguins' discovery that defenseman Martin Strbak is out indefinitely after suffering a broken foot against the Bruins."

So that still leaves McKenna's spot as open. Who gets the call for that? I hope we will find out soon! I'm pulling for Webb to showcase or Endicott to see how he handles 3rd line duty!

Old
02-12-2004, 09:15 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

they probably wont bring anyone up. McKenna being out gave them 22 on the roster. it just means kraft wont be getting scratched.

Old
02-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Horrible news. I really like Strbak and he played good this season. Hopefully he and Rozsival will stay healthy all of next season (along with Tarnstrom, Orpik, and Melichar).

Old
02-12-2004, 01:36 PM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
Horrible news. I really like Strbak and he played good this season. Hopefully he and Rozsival will stay healthy all of next season (along with Tarnstrom, Orpik, and Melichar).

You just made me think of something. If those 5 are healthy next year....Ross L. and Rob Scuderi are out of options. theres 7. Include Jackman, Focht...That's 9. It looks like someone is going to have to go, assuming they carry 7 D-men next year.

Old
02-12-2004, 02:30 PM
PensFan68

Would like to see one of either Simpson or Webb brought up to replace McKenna, if they decide on bringing anyone up.

As for Strbak, feel bad for him. Gets a shot in the NHL, plays fairly well, then goes down.

Old
02-12-2004, 02:35 PM
davemess

When are definetly going to have to do something to move a few guys on at the defensive end...... even more so if Whitney and others are signed this summer.

Tarnstrom, Orpik and Melichar are the only 3 i think are sure to be around. Rozsival should probably be there as well.

Lupaschuk, Scuderi, Jackman, Focht, Strbak and anyone else who is signed are basically going to be battling it out for just three NHL jobs.

These guys had all better start proving themselves when they get the opertunity.

Hopefully Bergevin retires and joins the coaching staff.

Old
02-12-2004, 02:49 PM
PensFan68

I don't see Melichar or Rozsival getting guaranteed a spot next year. Melichar seems to be afraid to get phsyical because of his injury history, and Rozsival can't even stay healthy enough to prove himself.

Old
02-12-2004, 03:19 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

honestly, i dont see roszival coming back. he is injured all the time, then there were teh complaints last year of his uniwllingness to play even rmeotely injured. if they can get something decent for him, i think he's gone. maybe package him with someone.

also, if jackman does really bad, its possble the pens wont keep him beyond this year.

Old
02-12-2004, 03:38 PM
PensFan68

Is Rozsival's contract done after this year? I see us just letting him go. I don't see many teams interested in trading anything for him, even considering what he could do if he was healthy. I would like to see him get another shot here, but it's definately time to give someone else a shot next winter.

Old
02-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68
Is Rozsival's contract done after this year? I see us just letting him go. I don't see many teams interested in trading anything for him, even considering what he could do if he was healthy. I would like to see him get another shot here, but it's definately time to give someone else a shot next winter.
I think he has one year left. I wouldn't let him go for nothing.

Old
02-12-2004, 04:54 PM
PensFan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
I think he has one year left. I wouldn't let him go for nothing.
I don't see us releasing him, I just didn't know if he was going to be a FA or not. And if he was, it would be hard to get anything in return considering his injuries.

Closed Thread