HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bring in Grabovski

Old
04-19-2008, 06:24 AM
jordy

vCash: 500
Bring in Grabovski

During this series the habs offense has been completely shut-down by the bruins. Our first line which was our bread and butter all season long has faced tighter checking and as a result have not been able to tear up the bruins like they did all year. Since we dont have Koivu our 2nd line especially higgins and ryder have been non-existant. Although our 3rd line of smoke kosto and begin have played very well we cant count on these grinders to produce much more offense, it's not their role and it shouldn't be expected of them. Latendresse lapierre and dandenault have played well but they havent had much success offensively in this series. Now since koivu isn't going to be back to give the habs a much needed offensive surge why not put in grabovski? hes fast and skilled and showed in his second stint in montreal his offensive upside, and he cant do any less than higgins or ryder are doing right now. Either way the habs need a change IMO. Anyone else agree?

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
During this series the habs offense has been completely shut-down by the bruins. Our first line which was our bread and butter all season long has faced tighter checking and as a result have not been able to tear up the bruins like they did all year. Since we dont have Koivu our 2nd line especially higgins and ryder have been non-existant. Although our 3rd line of smoke kosto and begin have played very well we cant count on these grinders to produce much more offense, it's not their role and it shouldn't be expected of them. Latendresse lapierre and dandenault have played well but they havent had much success offensively in this series. Now since koivu isn't going to be back to give the habs a much needed offensive surge why not put in grabovski? hes fast and skilled and showed in his second stint in montreal his offensive upside, and he cant do any less than higgins or ryder are doing right now. Either way the habs need a change IMO. Anyone else agree?
Why do you say with such certainty that Koivu won't be back?? From all reports I've seen, there's a very strong chance he'll be playing tonight.

By the way, the Bruins would knock Grabovsky off the puck very easily.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 06:37 AM
GNick42

Quote:

Speed is what got us to the dance(first place in East), Grabs is one of fastest players...if he can go...get in there.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 06:38 AM
jordy

i meant for game 6, and i didn't hear from anywhere that koivu would be in the line-up tonight. if he is well theres no need for grabovski. if not though why not give Grabovski a chance, frig we've given guys like ryder and dandenault chance after chance to produce this season and for the most part ryder misses the net way too much or shoots it in the defencers pads and dandenault is fast but he never does anything with his speed( hand of stone) why not just give grabovski one game to see what he can do?

Last edited by jordy: 04-19-2008 at 06:44 AM.
jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

if the bruins dictate the tempo, and take montreal's speed out of the neutral zone, then grabo isn't going to help at all.

Throughout most of this series and especially in Boston, montreal has had to beat boston at their own game, and I dont expect game 6 to be any different.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 06:53 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
if the bruins dictate the tempo, and take montreal's speed out of the neutral zone, then grabo isn't going to help at all.

Throughout most of this series and especially in Boston, montreal has had to beat boston at their own game, and I dont expect game 6 to be any different.
If that's the case...best if we get out our golf clubs

Old
04-19-2008, 06:54 AM
wedge

I'd put Grabovski in the lineup instead of Ryder, that's for sure. and maybe put him only on the power play and then decide if he deserves more ice time.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 07:26 AM
SwiftyHab

I wouldnt say that kessel is any better than Grabovsky and we saw what he did last game. My guess is Carbo took notice as well, and will bring in Grabs at one point

SwiftyHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 07:44 AM
GNick42

That is if Grabs is healthy enough. Speed is what made our team this year. It blew Boston out most of the year. We have the puck moving defenseman to open the game up. If Carbo continues to play defensive shutdown hockey the only chance we have I am afraid is if Price stands on his head one of the next two games

Old
04-19-2008, 07:57 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarovski View Post
I'd put Grabovski in the lineup instead of Ryder, that's for sure. and maybe put him only on the power play and then decide if he deserves more ice time.
I'd rather have Stewart to add size, grit to this line up and let the Kostitsyns, Kovalev, and Higgins score some goals.

After last Thursday's loss, it's gonna be harder and harder to beat the Bruins. Their confidence level is at its highest right now.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 08:17 AM
flappuck

As much as I like Grabovski, at this point I think Stewart would bring more to the table.
He can skate, he can hit and he crashes the net.
The Higgins and Kost Jr duo could use a grinder to do the scrap work and he'd be a good fit right about now.

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 08:28 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

With Koivu back, I'm willing to give Ryder another chance.

Kosty - Pleks - Kovy
Lats - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Lappy - Kosty
Begin - Smoke - Kosto

Markov - Komi
Hammer - Breezer
Cube - Gorges

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Grabovsky
Stewart
Koivu (if ready)
Boullion (if ready)

something has GOT to change

I could not be more obvious, Mr. Carbo

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Fire Brunet*

We don't need soft players in the playoffs, especially not against the Bruins.

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:16 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

You have a good point but I think we have nothing to lose to try Grabov over Ryder if Koivu cant play game 6.. Grabs is probably our fastest skater, I liked the way he backchecked in the last stretch and I think his speed could help us in the neutral zone, especially if the whole team play with more poise, better execution and all..

I would try:

Kost Pleks Kovy

Higgins Grabs Kost

Stewart Lapierre Dandy

Begin Smoke Kosto

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Garnet

grabs is over due in my opinion. Cards has been out coached. If the habs continue to play the bruins style Boston will win in 7. Speed is created by transitision hockey. The is always the quickest thing on the ice. The second montreals gets the puck in their own end a habs winger should be driving through the neutral zone to stretch the trap and open the neutral for speed. The wingers are standing still on the half boards and can only chip the puck out and the puck in turned over and the habs start over.
On the attack Montreal needs to stop the hard dump in and stop chip and chase. This forces the slow D to turn get into a foot race with a speed winger. And and the fearcto the dmen because his facing the boards and can' t read the play and inturn makes mistakes.

Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Garnet

sorry about the mistakes I can't fix them on my iPod touch

Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:51 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Carbonneau View Post
We don't need soft players in the playoffs, especially not against the Bruins.
I'd prefer a "soft" guy like Grabovski who could use his speed against the slow Bruins defence and create chances as we need to score, as opposed to Ryder who is soft and can't skate or show any emotion.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Kriss E

every is talking about Koivu..Bouillon..Stewart and Grab...
What is up with Streit..is he healthy?..Maybe his injury was the reason he was so terrible.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:24 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
I'd prefer a "soft" guy like Grabovski who could use his speed against the slow Bruins defence and create chances as we need to score, as opposed to Ryder who is soft and can't skate or show any emotion.
You may choose to call Ryder and Graboski both soft compared to, say, Begin, but they really aren't even on the same scale.

Ryder softness <<<<<<<< Grabovski softness

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:38 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
Ryder is not soft at all. The guy made some pretty big hits in his career and can take a hit. His problem is his play with the puck.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Megaforce

Doesn't matter that Grabs is small. They can't hit what they can't catch. Bring him in. We need goals.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:57 AM
HabsPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Doesn't matter that Grabs is small. They can't hit what they can't catch. Bring him in. We need goals.
Agreed, if Saks can't go and Grabs is healthy he should be the second line center tonight.

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:08 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
every is talking about Koivu..Bouillon..Stewart and Grab...
What is up with Streit..is he healthy?..Maybe his injury was the reason he was so terrible.
game time decision

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Beakermania*

Saku's back

/thread.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote