HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Comrie...I guess I was right

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2004, 09:37 AM
  #1
Cuiffitelli
Registered User
 
Cuiffitelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,417
vCash: 500
Comrie...I guess I was right

Over the years I have said some crazy and down right negative things about this Flyers team. Most of them but not all ended up being right, and it appears I strike again. I told you all on the day of the trade that Comrie would not be an offensive threat in the Flyers defense 1st system........



Not that I am gloating or anything!

Cuiffitelli is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 09:53 AM
  #2
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Over the years I have said some crazy and down right negative things about this Flyers team. Most of them but not all ended up being right, and it appears I strike again. I told you all on the day of the trade that Comrie would not be an offensive threat in the Flyers defense 1st system........



Not that I am gloating or anything!
He's been here for what, 20 games? After missing about 35, and playing out of position. He's nowhere near up to full speed, to evaluate him at this juncture is absurd.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 10:00 AM
  #3
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 107,496
vCash: 6115
Comrie plays from the start of the season, he is an all star and has 25 goals right now.


He wasn't even given a chance. If I was Comrie, I would look down on the Flyers, and god help us if he lights it up against of. Bobby Clarke will be at home in Flin Flon (since he would have been fired) wondering what happened.

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 10:00 AM
  #4
Blindside9711
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Misplaced SOB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Not to mention he's been playing with Brash and Fridge recently... Playing alongside Brashear would kill anybody's numbers.
I think it's way too early to give up on Comrie, especially for some 37 year old stop-gapper in the last year of his contract. Send a pick to the desert for Burke, because that's all he's worth on a team with a healthy starter. I'd actually rather trust Hack-job for the next couple weeks than lose both Comrie AND Seidenberg for the aforementioned stop-gapper and some guy with a ridiculously long last name.

Blindside9711 is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 10:05 AM
  #5
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
Not to mention he's been playing with Brash and Fridge recently... Playing alongside Brashear would kill anybody's numbers.
I think it's way too early to give up on Comrie, especially for some 37 year old stop-gapper in the last year of his contract. Send a pick to the desert for Burke, because that's all he's worth on a team with a healthy starter. I'd actually rather trust Hack-job for the next couple weeks than lose both Comrie AND Seidenberg for the aforementioned stop-gapper and some guy with a ridiculously long last name.
Radivojevic- 11 letters.
Ragnarsson- 10 letters
Desjardins- 10 letters
Niittymaki-10 letters
Blindside9711- 13 characters

It's not that difficult...

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 10:05 AM
  #6
Cuiffitelli
Registered User
 
Cuiffitelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,417
vCash: 500
I am not saying the trade should happen. I would never agree to trade a 23 year old forward for a 37 year old goalie. I just want to let everyone know that so far I am right...again! Come has what 4 goals in 21 games. That amounts to 16 goals this year. Heck, lets say 20 goals, just to be fair. I'd hardly call that an offensive threat.

Cuiffitelli is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 10:06 AM
  #7
King of Stankonia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: aka Kubina_Fan Blues fan in Ontario loving Calgary
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
Not to mention he's been playing with Brash and Fridge recently... Playing alongside Brashear would kill anybody's numbers.
I think it's way too early to give up on Comrie, especially for some 37 year old stop-gapper in the last year of his contract. Send a pick to the desert for Burke, because that's all he's worth on a team with a healthy starter. I'd actually rather trust Hack-job for the next couple weeks than lose both Comrie AND Seidenberg for the aforementioned stop-gapper and some guy with a ridiculously long last name.
Not to mention that by connecting the dots, Clarke will have traded Jeff Woywitka, Denis Seidenberg, a first round pick in a deep draft, and a third round pick next year all for this stop-gap solution and Radivojevic.

King of Stankonia is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 10:08 AM
  #8
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I am not saying the trade should happen. I would never agree to trade a 23 year old forward for a 37 year old goalie. I just want to let everyone know that so far I am right...again! Come has what 4 goals in 21 games. That amounts to 16 goals this year. Heck, lets say 20 goal I'd hardly call that an offensive threat.
You're failing to realize (or at the least, acknowledge) that any player who holdouts out and misses camp and a significant part of the season always suffers that year. If he had a full year, you'd have a point, but since he doesn't, you don't.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 10:20 AM
  #9
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 107,496
vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
first round pick in a deep draft
Actually, it's not really that deep. After about the top 15 players there isn't that much. This is supposed to be worse than the 2002 draft was supposed to be.

Regardless, next season, under no circumstances can they trade any of their high draft picks.

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 10:38 AM
  #10
AshRaTempel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Actually, it's not really that deep. After about the top 15 players there isn't that much. This is supposed to be worse than the 2002 draft was supposed to be.
This is very true. If the first-rounder we sent to the Oil is in the 22-26 range, then it's really no great loss this year. I've heard more than one draftnik say that a mid-20s pick this year is equivalent to a mid-40s pick in 2003, value-wise.

AshRaTempel is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 11:15 AM
  #11
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,115
vCash: 500
To offer my insight for this draft, I think the top 8 or 9 in this one is as deep as any others. Obviously, Ovechkin is one of the most hyped players to come out in years.

The 2002 draft had a truly great top 4, but after that it tailed off quickly. The upcoming draft is similar, but the top end guys last a bit past the 4th pick (to around 7-11).

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 06:09 PM
  #12
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Over the years I have said some crazy and down right negative things about this Flyers team. Most of them but not all ended up being right, and it appears I strike again. I told you all on the day of the trade that Comrie would not be an offensive threat in the Flyers defense 1st system........



Not that I am gloating or anything!



Thanks...now could you concentrate on Lottery numbers please.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.