HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Comrie...I guess I was right

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Cuiffitelli

vCash: 500
Comrie...I guess I was right

Over the years I have said some crazy and down right negative things about this Flyers team. Most of them but not all ended up being right, and it appears I strike again. I told you all on the day of the trade that Comrie would not be an offensive threat in the Flyers defense 1st system........

Not that I am gloating or anything!

Old
02-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Over the years I have said some crazy and down right negative things about this Flyers team. Most of them but not all ended up being right, and it appears I strike again. I told you all on the day of the trade that Comrie would not be an offensive threat in the Flyers defense 1st system........

He's been here for what, 20 games? After missing about 35, and playing out of position. He's nowhere near up to full speed, to evaluate him at this juncture is absurd.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:00 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Comrie plays from the start of the season, he is an all star and has 25 goals right now.

He wasn't even given a chance. If I was Comrie, I would look down on the Flyers, and god help us if he lights it up against of. Bobby Clarke will be at home in Flin Flon (since he would have been fired) wondering what happened.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Not to mention he's been playing with Brash and Fridge recently... Playing alongside Brashear would kill anybody's numbers.
I think it's way too early to give up on Comrie, especially for some 37 year old stop-gapper in the last year of his contract. Send a pick to the desert for Burke, because that's all he's worth on a team with a healthy starter. I'd actually rather trust Hack-job for the next couple weeks than lose both Comrie AND Seidenberg for the aforementioned stop-gapper and some guy with a ridiculously long last name.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:05 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
Not to mention he's been playing with Brash and Fridge recently... Playing alongside Brashear would kill anybody's numbers.
I think it's way too early to give up on Comrie, especially for some 37 year old stop-gapper in the last year of his contract. Send a pick to the desert for Burke, because that's all he's worth on a team with a healthy starter. I'd actually rather trust Hack-job for the next couple weeks than lose both Comrie AND Seidenberg for the aforementioned stop-gapper and some guy with a ridiculously long last name.
Radivojevic- 11 letters.
Ragnarsson- 10 letters
Desjardins- 10 letters
Niittymaki-10 letters
Blindside9711- 13 characters

It's not that difficult...

Old
02-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Cuiffitelli

I am not saying the trade should happen. I would never agree to trade a 23 year old forward for a 37 year old goalie. I just want to let everyone know that so far I am right...again! Come has what 4 goals in 21 games. That amounts to 16 goals this year. Heck, lets say 20 goals, just to be fair. I'd hardly call that an offensive threat.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:06 AM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
Not to mention that by connecting the dots, Clarke will have traded Jeff Woywitka, Denis Seidenberg, a first round pick in a deep draft, and a third round pick next year all for this stop-gap solution and Radivojevic.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
I am not saying the trade should happen. I would never agree to trade a 23 year old forward for a 37 year old goalie. I just want to let everyone know that so far I am right...again! Come has what 4 goals in 21 games. That amounts to 16 goals this year. Heck, lets say 20 goal I'd hardly call that an offensive threat.
You're failing to realize (or at the least, acknowledge) that any player who holdouts out and misses camp and a significant part of the season always suffers that year. If he had a full year, you'd have a point, but since he doesn't, you don't.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:20 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
first round pick in a deep draft
Actually, it's not really that deep. After about the top 15 players there isn't that much. This is supposed to be worse than the 2002 draft was supposed to be.

Regardless, next season, under no circumstances can they trade any of their high draft picks.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:38 AM
AshRaTempel

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Actually, it's not really that deep. After about the top 15 players there isn't that much. This is supposed to be worse than the 2002 draft was supposed to be.
This is very true. If the first-rounder we sent to the Oil is in the 22-26 range, then it's really no great loss this year. I've heard more than one draftnik say that a mid-20s pick this year is equivalent to a mid-40s pick in 2003, value-wise.

Old
02-09-2004, 11:15 AM
PhoPhan

To offer my insight for this draft, I think the top 8 or 9 in this one is as deep as any others. Obviously, Ovechkin is one of the most hyped players to come out in years.

The 2002 draft had a truly great top 4, but after that it tailed off quickly. The upcoming draft is similar, but the top end guys last a bit past the 4th pick (to around 7-11).

Old
02-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:

Thanks...now could you concentrate on Lottery numbers please.

Closed Thread