HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Game takes - Bruins simply want it more

Old
04-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Native

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I think the main reason why we're in a such terrible position is our PP.We're winning games by one goal and when we have our PP not scoring those important goals to take a bigger lead,we blow the games.Then we go into the third period with a one goal lead, try to play defensive hockey, but we just suck a protecting leads.
I totally agree. We've relied alot on our PP all season and without it, games are alot tighter and evenly matched.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Kosti46

The first line, Kovy, A. Kosti, and Pleks are obviously not playing well. Pleks had 8 shots. scored one beautiful goal, but how many good passes to his linemates to set up a good shot did he have? None that I recall. Kovy, and A. Kosti, how many passes did they make to set up a good shot????

They cannot all skate thru the Bruins and score. They need to pass, and Play with some toughness.

Koivu played with the heart of a Lion, so did Higgins. S. Kosti helped set up two goals and played well.

Most of the game the Habs were not skating hard. The Bruins were. We all saw the result.

Its on to game 7. Time to put it all on the line and WIN.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Maverik

A. Kost is such a *****.. He should be benched for game 7 and put Latendresse or Ryder on that line. I never saw someone turn away from hits as much as he did tonight. As soon as he saw Chara in a 5m radius, he would drop it in the corner and leave it there.. Get some grit, score some goals, or take a seat.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:26 PM
CBBRH

Send a message via MSN to CBBRH
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Our PP is ....well there is no word to describe it. We concede more chances than we get.
100% correct. It's beyound my understanding, how a PP that was scored against only three times (the lowest in the league) is now giving the penalty-killers opportunities the whole time. There have been many, many powerplays by the Habs, where the best scoring chance is created by Boston.

CBBRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:29 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memo Gonzales View Post
100% correct. It's beyound my understanding, how a PP that was scored against only three times (the lowest in the league) is now giving the penalty-killers opportunities the whole time. There have been many, many powerplays by the Habs, where the best scoring chance is created by Boston.

Are you new or what? This is the playoffs. It is a different game.

This is where we have to deliver. If we lose after home ice game 7, rag on.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Erythro73

Bruins *> Habs. (Today).

Erythro73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
A. Kost is such a *****.. He should be benched for game 7 and put Latendresse or Ryder on that line. I never saw someone turn away from hits as much as he did tonight. As soon as he saw Chara in a 5m radius, he would drop it in the corner and leave it there.. Get some grit, score some goals, or take a seat.
I thought that before tonight. I think Kovy is actually the weak link of the line. When Andrei wasn't with Kovy (I think he just was once with Koivu), he actually had one of the better chances to score. The line has some issues and I'm pretty sure there's more to it then the youngsters playing like little girls.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:30 PM
sheed36

All I know about Monday night is it will be total madness here on HF after the game no matter who wins ....I really feel for the Mods here who will be very busy trying to control the trolling that will go on....Hopefully the Habs can find a way to step up and win game 7 but if not I give credit to the Bruins who have played better and really do deserve to win this series.....

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:31 PM
jockstrap

Many will disagree with me, but I will still say it. Back in november when the team started to struggle, they called up O'Byrne and Skos and the team turned it around. Throughout the whole year everyone has been saying how it was time for a youth movement and everyone was very happy it finally happened. Well EVEN IF THESE ARE THE PLAYOFFS I say screw experience and for next game breezy should be benched and O'Byrne should play. I dont understand why for 80% of the final stretch breezy and dandy were benched and now all of a sudden they are inserted into the lineup

jockstrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
Better than Kovy.

Kovy takes the hit, then retaliates. Or just stops skating for awhile.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
I thought that before tonight. I think Kovy is actually the weak link of the line. When Andrei wasn't with Kovy (I think he just was once with Koivu), he actually had one of the better chances to score. The line has some issues and I'm pretty sure there's more to it then the youngsters playing like little girls.
1st line = Kovy,

If Kovalev can't do **** on the ice, no one in the line does.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
I totally agree. We've relied alot on our PP all season and without it, games are alot tighter and evenly matched.
Bingo. That's the difference with our team. The PP is completely psyched out. We're shooting from ridiculous angles, etc.

Obviously there is still one more game to play, but we're going to have to score early and often for me to have any type of confidence. The longer the game goes tied, the habs will be feeling the heat.

Price will need to bar the door.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
The more I think of this game and this series, the more I am just stunned.

I am just sitting here stunned....unwilling to do anything other than listen to angry callers on CKAC or the team 990. No studying/preparing for exams, no watching Minny/Colorado, nothing.

I just can't come to terms that this is happening.
I just can't come to terms that this is the team that played so well since December.
I just can't come to terms that we are one game away from having our season end.
I just can't come to terms that our PP looks like garbage and is killing us.
I just can't come to terms that this is exactly like the 2004 series in opposite.
I just can't come to terms that so many of our good players are playing like ****.
I just can't come to terms that this team is this close to letting this city down.

This isn't happening. Please someone, tell me it's a nightmare. Please tell me there is going to be a happy ending on Monday night.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Three words:

Bruins in seven.

They simply have been the better team for a while now. They're tenacious, their game plan is excellently executed, and they show more aggressiveness. And they've now scored 5 goals in two games straight.

We must remember that the Habs are really one year away at least, and it appears that their first seed may have indeed been due to circumstances. They are good, no doubt, but maybe now conference finals good yet.

I just hope that if they lose game seven, the crowd will give them a standing O. They deserve it no matter what.

Still, there's reason to hope elimination is not a foregone conclusion. The Habs are at home -- although considering how moronic the crowd is there, that's more a disadvantadge. Koivu has been awesome. Plekanec and Higgins are off the schneid. A thighter defensive scheme -- despite the very tired Hab defenders -- might lead to a victory.

But honestly... I've been expecting the Habs to lose the series ever since they lost game five. Outworked, outplayed, and just plain outdone in the ugly, ugly kind of hockey that is played in the playoffs.

They need big guys who can forecheck and score ugly and it's a crying shame, IMHO, that playoff hockey is so much less entertaining than regular season hockey...
What planet are you on to make a statement like that??...please tell me that you're pumped up on some good drugs so that you may gain back some credibility around here.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:47 PM
brettly78

Unreal. Alex, buddy, you're leading your team by example...two diving penalties tonight in your honor...how about giving something back, eh? Oh yeah, Go Bruins.

brettly78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
What planet are you on to make a statement like that??...please tell me that you're pumped up on some good drugs so that you may gain back some credibility around here.
I think playoff hockey is more intense and that's what makes it more entertaining, but it's obvious that the officiating is completely different in the playoffs.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:50 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol The bruins dont even care about the stanley cup

this is the worst part of the whole situation.....

The Montreal Canadiens are their Cup
Strange and sad, but SO TRUE for Boston!

And in turn makes it pathetic for Montreal since we're basically handing Boston their CUP because CH has no balls to do whatever it takes to win.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:52 PM
MathMan

I feel playoff hockey is less entertaining than regular season hockey because I miss the skating and the passing. Board battles and deflection goals just don't do it for me. YMMV, and it probably does, but to me, I watch hockey for the speed and skill, not for the board scrums.

Granted... it may just be a function of playing the Bruins.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Dynasty

Carbo got what he deserved tonight for benching players (like Ryder) who really care...IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU, BUDDY!!!!!...There's no excuse for treating Ryder so unfairly. As well, your gameplan strategy sucks too...Put Ryder in would be a good first step as you approach Monday's game.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:59 PM
HabsPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I feel playoff hockey is less entertaining than regular season hockey because I miss the skating and the passing. Board battles and deflection goals just don't do it for me. YMMV, and it probably does, but to me, I watch hockey for the speed and skill, not for the board scrums.

Granted... it may just be a function of playing the Bruins.
Bruins are just getting away with wayyy too much defensive infractions.

I know people love to blame Kovy, and go at it, but he's being absolutely mauled out there. Tough to go against Lucic and the Ogre every shift when they're allowed to hold, interfere and pummel on on every shift.

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
Carbo got what he deserved tonight for benching players (like Ryder) who really care...IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU, BUDDY!!!!!...There's no excuse for treating Ryder so unfairly. As well, your gameplan strategy sucks too...Put Ryder in would be a good first step as you approach Monday's game.
Are you a Ryder fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post

I know people love to blame Kovy, and go at it, but he's being absolutely mauled out there. Tough to go against Lucic and the Ogre every shift when they're allowed to hold, interfere and pummel on on every shift.
He's not being mauled by Chara when he's asked to clear the zone or, god forbid, backcheck.

It sucks that his offensive creativity is being subdued. But coasting after his linemates lose the puck and coming back just in time to dig the puck out of the net is a disgrace to the jersey.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Habs514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Are you a Ryder fan?
I think he IS Ryder. lol

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:02 PM
HabsPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Are you a Ryder fan?
Hmmm, love how you added my post after the fact ... if you're asking me? No I'm not, but what does that have to do with me defending Kovy?

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:03 PM
jcpenny

I'm tired of the «no heart» and «Bruins want it more» comments. Its pure crap. The guy are really working hard out there and giving their all but the problem is that they are really not comfortable at playing defensive hockey.

Because of the Carbo system they are playing on their heels and they clearly dont have the line up to play that style. They dont look comfortable at all on the ice.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I think it's time for the magic tie.

Edit: LOL, Guillemin sure loves Kovalev.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote