HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This game was positive.

Old
04-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Native

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Only in Mtl is a game lost by 1 goal a disaster

The over-reaction on this board borders on the absurd

This is why we got home ice. You go out and use it. You don't whine about how the series is over when it is tied.

Some folks make me wanna puke
I'm with you here, so move aside a bit so we can share that puke bucket.

Game 7 at home so let's use that advantage. The very least we get last line change. We've got the most insane atmosphere, this is what hockey is all about!

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:34 PM
MontrealHabitant

Im LMAO ..

WHY DID YOU THINK THE BRUINS OPENED THE PLAY ??????

Could it be because we we're actually scoring against it ?

Wake up call you so called fans, time to think with your head for a second, stop reading the so called bruins fans < Momentum > advantage.. it's the ULTIMATE BS.

For a team with the < Momentum > .. They struggled in their Arena, against two injured players.. LOL.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
Im LMAO ..

WHY DID YOU THINK THE BRUINS OPENED THE PLAY ??????

Could it be because we we're actually scoring against it ?

Wake up call you so called fans, time to think with your head for a second, stop reading the so called bruins fans < Momentum > advantage.. it's the ULTIMATE BS.

For a team with the < Momentum > .. They struggled in their Arena, against two injured players.. LOL.
I don't know what you've been taking, but stop it.
We were outplayed, we struggled, we were outscored, we were outchanced...

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
To win in the later rounds our top line will need to play hard every shift, and want the puck so hard they can taste it. It became evident down the stretch that that just isn't going to happen. That realization makes this game a negative. Against the Flyers or Rangers, much less the Penguins, that pukeworthy version of our first line will knock this team out of the playoffs.
Yes, unfortunately this is true.

Even if we win game 7, what we're seeing right now is not boding well at all to say the least.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:09 PM
MTLROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcortex View Post
It's time to see if "Jesus" Price is the messiah or an impostor.
Maybe this is why we're losing.

MTLROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLROCKS View Post
Maybe this is why we're losing.
Don't get me wrong, I don't blame our losses on Price. But people have been calling him like he is the best thing since sliced bread. If we are gonna consider him as a savior, he's gotta be one.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

There's nothing positive about this game. This is not game 1 of the series, where you can build on games. Boston is coming with the momentum, Price wasn't good enough to make the big saves tonight, PP is still not working, Kovalev didn't show that he's willing to extra to get out of his funk.

Saku Koivu and his line did great tonight. But unfortunately, I don't expect them to do better. Boston will adjust to Koivu as much as they've adjusted to Kovalev.

Don't have a good feeling to say the least....But since it's the positive thread, well you've got to admire how Saku played today....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Maximus Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There's nothing positive about this game. This is not game 1 of the series, where you can build on games. Boston is coming with the momentum, Price wasn't good enough to make the big saves tonight, PP is still not working, Kovalev didn't show that he's willing to extra to get out of his funk.

Saku Koivu and his line did great tonight. But unfortunately, I don't expect them to do better. Boston will adjust to Koivu as much as they've adjusted to Kovalev.

Don't have a good feeling to say the least....But since it's the positive thread, well you've got to admire how Saku played today....
Price made a bunch of big saves in the 1st/2nd. I don't blame him for the rest. He does what he can. But the habs look lost in their zone.

what I find *somewhat* positive is that the Habs have not played well, yet, Boston only won decisively once. Maybe they can show up once and take it. Who knows.

If they lose, it will be their own fault anyway.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:27 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
I'm with you here, so move aside a bit so we can share that puke bucket.

Game 7 at home so let's use that advantage. The very least we get last line change. We've got the most insane atmosphere, this is what hockey is all about!
I am with youon this. We have played well the whole season to get home ice advantage. If this game is played in Montreal, there is a good chance we could have won. Forget about the last six games. There is only one game left and winner take all. Our back is now against the wall. Time for Plekanec line to wake up. This could be our destiny. In 86, we had a tough series against the Whalers. After winning that series in seven games, we went on to win the Cup. In 93, we lost the first two games against the Nordiques. We fought back to win that series and you know the rest. If we have characters, we can reverse their momentum and win game 7. If we can do that, who know what we can accomplish this year. Be positive and support our team.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:36 PM
ksargent

What I think is positive is that the offense seemed to figure out how to score more than 1 goal, and usually 4 goals will win you the game, especially in the playoffs. Unfortunately, the Habs defense in the 3rd was a little lacking, notably for the second game in a row.

I do think it is a bit premature to consider the series already belonging to Boston, IMHO. Even as 'great' as Boston has played, they have only had one clear victory in game 5, which was the result of a total breakdown in one period (while the second was not great, escaping with 1 goal against is not 'terrible').

Of course, the PP has been weak. This could very well wake up again, especially with Koivu back.

Still, we are tied in the series, we have one game, at home, with a goaltender who has a reputation of playing well under pressure.

Boston's "momentum" be damned, I still think Montreal has a pretty good chance of 'righting' most the wrongs of the past week (or at least making them less relevant) with a solid 2.5 hour effort on Monday.

Stay positive....

ksargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
This game was a defensive disaster, but the offence was able to score even without a proper help from the defense.

Markov and Streit, even if they are injured just plain su****

But the thing that piss me off is the bandwagoners that starts to blame Kovalev...

JESUS he's the one who's carrying two bruins in his pants anytime the puck is near. If A. Kost could wake the F up this series is going our way.

They will go through to the next round.

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:47 PM
ksargent

BTW... just remembered something else I read earlier today. Montreal is 26-0 in series where they lead 3-1. Inversely, Boston has NEVER come back from a 3-1 deficit (I believe their record is 0-20 or something like that...?).

Series comebacks: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=5547

Encouraging stat for us, at the very least...

ksargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:51 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley_5054 View Post
This game was a defensive disaster, but the offence was able to score even without a proper help from the defense.

Markov and Streit, even if they are injured just plain su****

But the thing that piss me off is the bandwagoners that starts to blame Kovalev...

JESUS he's the one who's carrying two bruins in his pants anytime the puck is near. If A. Kost could wake the F up this series is going our way.

They will go through to the next round.
Really? You're going to blame Kovalev's lack of success on a first-year rookie getting his first taste of play-off action as the target-line to be shut down?

IMO Kovalev should be leading the charge and making it easier for A. Kost and Pleks. Instead they are thrown into the fire because Kovalev is being selfish, he's making poor decisions and he doesn't feel like backchecking.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:53 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Quote:

This is why we got home ice. You go out and use it. You don't whine about how the series is over when it is tied.

yes, serves real arrogant fans right

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksargent View Post
BTW... just remembered something else I read earlier today. Montreal is 26-0 in series where they lead 3-1. Inversely, Boston has NEVER come back from a 3-1 deficit (I believe their record is 0-20 or something like that...?).

Series comebacks: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=5547

Encouraging stat for us, at the very least...
how many of the 26 has montreal allowed to get this far?

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Really? You're going to blame Kovalev's lack of success on a first-year rookie getting his first taste of play-off action as the target-line to be shut down?

IMO Kovalev should be leading the charge and making it easier for A. Kost and Pleks. Instead they are thrown into the fire because Kovalev is being selfish, he's making poor decisions and he doesn't feel like backchecking.
I'm not putting all the blame on Kosty.

Kovalev had a poor night, but selfish ?

Many time tonight he carried the puck into the offensive zone and instead of trying to deke the D and shoot, or even just a screen shot, he waited for a linemate and passed the puck. I don't remember seeing a game almost without any kovalev shots. TOnight was one.

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 06:10 AM
hickles46

if playing infront of a capacity bell centre crowd, facing a slightly embarresing elimination from the playoffs doesnt fire up the boys and bring out an all round god like performance, i dont know what will and that would be worrying

hickles46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 07:10 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley_5054 View Post
I'm not putting all the blame on Kosty.

Kovalev had a poor night, but selfish ?

Many time tonight he carried the puck into the offensive zone and instead of trying to deke the D and shoot, or even just a screen shot, he waited for a linemate and passed the puck. I don't remember seeing a game almost without any kovalev shots. TOnight was one.
Not selfish because he doesn't pass the puck, but because he can't accept to get hit without losing his cool. The two slashes on Ward are good old Kovy we hate.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 09:12 AM
dutchy29

If anything this game has shown Kovalev how quickly you can go from hero to goat.
I really don't think he wants to end the perfect season as a goat, he will be looking for redemtion in game 7......guaranteed

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

oh please, most of the habs didn't want anything to do with the puck in the 3rd period.

I picked the habs in 7 before the series started, but that seed of doubt is enormous after game 6.

I feel as though the habs are actually underdogs for game 7, its been that bad.

My confidence in kovalev at this point has never been lower. He;s bailing.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 10:29 AM
j52

This game was only positive if positive is the new negative.
The D was a joke in the third period. Hammerlick and Komiserak spent all of their ice time putting themselves out of position and clearing the puck to Bruins.
The Russians were invisible, and Carbo didn't have the sense to call a time out before the roof caved in again.
Price did not play well. I thought that he looked like Racicot, not Roy.
Game seven will be a blowout by the Bruins,

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by j52 View Post
This game was only positive if positive is the new negative.
The D was a joke in the third period. Hammerlick and Komiserak spent all of their ice time putting themselves out of position and clearing the puck to Bruins.
The Russians were invisible, and Carbo didn't have the sense to call a time out before the roof caved in again.
Price did not play well. I thought that he looked like Racicot, not Roy.
Game seven will be a blowout by the Bruins,
GTFO Bandwagon fan , go pick a team you enjoy watching , thanks. What the hell is wrong with everyone Habs will win in 7. Never lose hope what is with all this negativity , I believe in these Habs , they will bring it.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 11:23 AM
optimus2861

Positive? Montreal blows a 2-1 lead entering the third period, a 3-2 lead with ten minutes left, then can't even get the game to OT after tying it 4-4 with four minutes left?

If that's "positive" then I've got swampland in Manhattan to sell you.

optimus2861 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
First of all, Price didn't play bad at all-hell no, he made some sick saves that kept us in the lead for a very long time...

Can't say same about Thomas who will need to learn how to close his legs properly.
Thomas was way better than Price, who has been overrated all series long. Thomas has been getting more and more comfortable. He was flopping all over the ice the first couple of games.

Quote:
Koivu played a sick ass game, he's the reason of 3/4 Goals we scored tonight.. and all this with being 75 %.

Bruins we're simply more lucky tonight as some of you have noticed, they COULDN'T PLAY THE TRAP PROPERLY ANYMORE.. It wasn't effective...

The reason is simple, Chara cannot be on the ice for 2 shift in a row, it's either he covers Kovalev or Koivu.. not BOTH.
Koivu played great. Very impressive for a comeback. The Bruins contained the Habs often but this isn't a pure trap. That's not what they are trying to do at all. Everytime a team dominates and has possession of the puck, there's someone to call this the trap. It's not. Their skilled players are simply getting it done, or at least they continue to try even when hit.

For instance, Krejci was hit early and often but he continued to try and other players covered for him.

The key for Montreal in game 7 will be for their obviously superior blueliners to play like they actually are better and for some of their skilled players to stop playing like little girls. I'm looking at you, Tomas Plekanec.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 12:19 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:

A loss by one goal or by 10 goals in a Stanley Cup series that you lead at some point 3-1, is indeed a disaster. A game where you are leading 3 times and lost, is a disaster.

If you want to puke, then puke !

The Bruins are dominating the Habs since the end of game one. Wake up and smell the coffee. Only a miracle will help the Habs win the final game.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote