HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You guys are all overreacting

Old
05-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Dark4ng3l

vCash: 500
You guys are all overreacting

We had a good season WAY above expectations of anyone. Yes our team might have sucked in the playoffs but right before/in the playoffs are where we had all our injuries and that certainly did nothing to help. But you guys need to realize that every single game we lost in the post season was winnable. If Price is a bit better, if Saku is not injured, if the kids play a tiny bit better, if our powerplay can work at 15%.... This year has shown a lot of promise for several years to come and we still have good prospects in the farm as well as most if not all of our draft picks so we have trade assets or the potential for more player development unlike teams who "loaded up" at the deadline.

The truth is we were an injured team full of rookies playing in important roles. I also think we were the youngest team in the playoffs. We all need to calm down Gainey will assess the team and figure out what we need and who might not fit in. This was never supposed to be a cup run year and it worked well for player development.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
95% of the habs board seem down to earth to me right now...

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Montrealer

I knew I shouldn't have run around the neighbourhood naked while doing this:

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I agree with everything...we need to learn from everything, and we probably learned quite a bit in those past weeks. We now have a real core, and we can build from there. In a year or two, we will not ask ourselves if we will make the playoffs or not, but we'll try to figure out at which spot in the top 6 we will end up. We are living our best moments since the last decade si we can't be mad and blame everyone for that lost.

And IMO, winning the East IS a huge victory...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
95% of the habs board seem down to earth to me right now...
Thats what i was thinking. Aside from the few posters, who frankly have had the "sky is falling" mentality after every loss this season, the majority are pretty calm, composed, and had the expectations of the season surpassed.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
Thats what i was thinking. Aside from the few posters, who frankly have had the "sky is falling" mentality after every loss this season, the majority are pretty calm, composed, and had the expectations of the season surpassed.
I guess it's because it's either black or white...there's no grey in here! People are either calm, or way stupid. Not one player was not blamed at some point...even Gainey, who made us a great team, was blamed!

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

I posted this on the Playoff boards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
If someone from the future were to tell me that the Habs would lose in these playoffs, I would have wanted them to accomplish certain things in light of their little playoff experience:

1. Win a playoff series - Beat Boston in 7 - Done
2. Face Adversity - Took Boston (and probably Philly which cost them) too lightly - Done
3. Experience a Game 7 - See no. 1 - Done
4. Experience the most hostile arenas - Boston/Philly Home crowds - Done
5. Become aware of the physicality of Playoff Hockey - Boston/Philly, two of the more physical teams in the league - Done

Hopefully these lessons taken in this year will carry over to their next playoff run.

If there is anything that I really bugged me before coming into these playoffs is the expectation put upon this team after capturing the top seed of the Eastern Conference during regular season.

I always felt like Home ice advantage was only "truly" an advantage for seasoned playoff teams. Which was obviously not the case for this team.

It also feeds the trolls with ammunition to try to tarnish the success that was the Montreal Canadiens 2007-2008 season.

Thank you to all level headed posters who can take off the homer goggles and acknowledge the accomplishments and surpassing of all pre-season (including my own) expectations by the Montreal Canadiens.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:31 PM
OneSharpMarble

Would you still feel this way had we been swept in four against the Bruins?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote