HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off Season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2008, 04:40 AM
  #1
vitogor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Off Season

It's here. And it should be an interesting one.

Doug Risebrough is rumoured for the Leafs GM position. Will he leave? I doubt it. He has it too good in Minnesota. This franchise is his baby, as President/GM he calls all the shots, and has the new owner's support (at least according to the media). Why would anybody in their right mind trade it for the guillotine that is the Leafs front office?

Jacques Lemaire. Is he staying or is he leaving? I wouldn't be surprised either way. I have this gut feeling that he is going to leave though. And that we're getting Constantine as his replacement.

Demitra/Rolston. Which one is staying? My money is on Rolston.

Marian Gaborik. Is he planning to re-sign here? I think not. Gut feeling says he wants to go out east, where goals are pretty and offensive stars are plentiful and happy. If so, when do we pull the trigger? We can't afford to lose him for nothing, and we don't want to drag this out Atlanta-style.

PM Bouchard. Another one-year contract or a trade? Or both? Or do we sign him long-term?

UFA's. I warmed up to Radio in the last half of the season, and would like to see him stay. Fridge is most likely staying. Hill, Carney, Nummelin, Simon, and Foy are gone. Hopefully, their replacements will be more than just spare parts. For the umpteenth time Riser, we need a top-6 center and a top-4 D, enough with the dollar store bargains already!

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 05:50 AM
  #2
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,643
vCash: 500
Demitra is gone and Gabby will be shortly behind him. What happens when you only bring in goons to play hockey and no one to help with the roles.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 11:10 AM
  #3
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
can we get this stickied or label it of importance?

This is all we have now until the Draft

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 01:36 PM
  #4
Wild Thing
Registered User
 
Wild Thing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Dark Side
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,577
vCash: 500
I think I'm finally at the point where if Jacques wants to leave, I'm ready to wish him well and move on. I'd rather he stayed, but over the last couple of years I've been getting a stronger and stronger sense that the team is outgrowing him and his style. I still think he's one of the best coaches in the NHL, but quite frankly I'm getting tired of the "system." I want to see more wide-open, up and down the wing hockey. We've finally got the skaters for it, and I want to see them skate, for pete's sake.

And Risebrough? The sooner he hits the road, the happier I'll be. I lay last night's loss on his doorstep. When Colorado was adding Adam Foote and Peter Forsberg, Doug was adding Chris Simon. This team has glaring needs, needs that every one of us fans have seen and identified quite clearly over the last year or two, and Risebrough has totally ignored them. He's a dunce.

After the 2003 playoffs, he said that the lesson he learned was that a team doesn't need big, powerful forwards crashing the net; he said that success in the playoffs depended on fast, highly skilled players.

So he built a soft team that got humiliated in 2007 by Anaheim's big, powerful skaters, and the lesson he learned from that was that, gee! Maybe you do need physical players in front of the net after all!

So he went out and got Simon, and figured that was all we needed. But ol' Einstein Risebrough was probably one of the 6 people in the whole state who failed to notice that the big, physical players who won the Cup for the Ducks last year were also decent skaters who can actually play the game and score a few goals. And what happens this year? We hit the playoffs, and find that the only guys we have on the team who are willing to actually crash the net are for the most part incapable of doing anything with the puck once they get there. And the only true goalscorer on the team can't score goals because we forgot to pick up a center who can actually pass him the puck. I shudder to think what flawed lessons he'll learn from this debacle. Doug can take his tired, overly conservative act to Toronto if they're stupid enough to have him. I don't think this team is ever going anywhere as long he's at the wheel, because I think he's too stupid to build a proper playoff team.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 01:37 PM
  #5
a79krgm
Registered User
 
a79krgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: White Bear Lake
Country: United States
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitogor View Post
It's here. And it should be an interesting one.

Doug Risebrough is rumoured for the Leafs GM position. Will he leave? I doubt it. He has it too good in Minnesota. This franchise is his baby, as President/GM he calls all the shots, and has the new owner's support (at least according to the media). Why would anybody in their right mind trade it for the guillotine that is the Leafs front office?
If Risebrough wants to take the Leafs GM position than I say let him go. I would not want anyone to manage the Wild's future by somene stupid enough to get himself involved with a crazy orgainization like that one ...

What is done with Gaborik will make or break a career here. Look what happend in Boston. Thorton was dealt to San Jose with little in return. We can't let that happen with Gaborik. If he has to go then we MUST get a return that will keep this franchise operating at the highest level. If the Wild blow this one then the Team of 18,000 will sooner then later find other things to spend their money on.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 02:52 PM
  #6
schrottkind
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
If Lemaire choses to go, would you like Constantine as his replacement?

schrottkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 03:00 PM
  #7
Wild Thing
Registered User
 
Wild Thing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Dark Side
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrottkind View Post
If Lemaire choses to go, would you like Constantine as his replacement?
I have to say I have no opinion. I don't know enough about the guy. I'm thinking maybe it's time for Ramsey to get his chance.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 05:20 PM
  #8
Harrison
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,828
vCash: 500
Hey guys I am not trolling. I come in peace!

I heard on Hockey Night In Canada last night that Rolston refused to sign a contract so I wouldn't expect him to be back. They also mentioned that Demitra is as good as gone...they didn't say Gaborik wouldn't resign when his deal is up but they hinted he won't sign either... ((( they being Ron Maclean - and the famous Al Strachan))) so take it for what it is worth...

I thnk the players in your organization that have been there awhile probably are getting tired of Lemaire and company. Maybe it s time for a managment and coaching change. Remember though, players like Gaborik don't grow on trees.

Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 07:00 PM
  #9
Wild Thing
Registered User
 
Wild Thing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Dark Side
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,577
vCash: 500
I won't miss Demitra much, either. He's a hell of a player, but he tends to disappear just when you need him the most, and I was really expecting a lot more out of him here. I don't blame him entirely, because he's more suited to be a winger than a center; and again, I blame Risebrough for not getting a center to play between him and Gaborik, but still. Hasn't really met expectations.

Rolston's a different story. I think he will stay for the right contract, because he really does seem to like it here. I don't put too much stock in that report - I seriously doubt it's recent information. It's very unlikely they were negotiating during the playoffs or the last few weeks of the season. Nobody wants the distraction. He probably just rejected an early exploratory offer sometime during the season; business as usual.

Gaborik? I'll be surprised if he signs an extension this season. I don't think they'll be willing to pay him what he'll be asking. My gut feeling is he's going to wait it out and see what the open market brings next year. Like a lot of other people, I think the most likely scenario is that he and his groin play out their option and sign with someone else in 2009. C'est la vie.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 08:28 PM
  #10
Keetz
Registered User
 
Keetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Little Falls
Country: Scotland
Posts: 805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
I have to say I have no opinion. I don't know enough about the guy. I'm thinking maybe it's time for Ramsey to get his chance.
I agree although the opinion around the water cooler at work is that he'll be Jacques II but I disagree. Somehow I see him being a bit more aggressive. I have nothing to support that just a hunch.

Keetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 12:05 AM
  #11
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Might just be me, but this feels like a critical off season. Things are handled well, and the team continues to do well. Things aren't handled well, and we circle the bottom for the next couple of seasons.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 03:04 AM
  #12
vitogor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
I think I'm finally at the point where if Jacques wants to leave, I'm ready to wish him well and move on. I'd rather he stayed, but over the last couple of years I've been getting a stronger and stronger sense that the team is outgrowing him and his style. I still think he's one of the best coaches in the NHL, but quite frankly I'm getting tired of the "system." I want to see more wide-open, up and down the wing hockey. We've finally got the skaters for it, and I want to see them skate, for pete's sake.

And Risebrough? The sooner he hits the road, the happier I'll be. I lay last night's loss on his doorstep. When Colorado was adding Adam Foote and Peter Forsberg, Doug was adding Chris Simon. This team has glaring needs, needs that every one of us fans have seen and identified quite clearly over the last year or two, and Risebrough has totally ignored them. He's a dunce.

After the 2003 playoffs, he said that the lesson he learned was that a team doesn't need big, powerful forwards crashing the net; he said that success in the playoffs depended on fast, highly skilled players.

So he built a soft team that got humiliated in 2007 by Anaheim's big, powerful skaters, and the lesson he learned from that was that, gee! Maybe you do need physical players in front of the net after all!

So he went out and got Simon, and figured that was all we needed. But ol' Einstein Risebrough was probably one of the 6 people in the whole state who failed to notice that the big, physical players who won the Cup for the Ducks last year were also decent skaters who can actually play the game and score a few goals. And what happens this year? We hit the playoffs, and find that the only guys we have on the team who are willing to actually crash the net are for the most part incapable of doing anything with the puck once they get there. And the only true goalscorer on the team can't score goals because we forgot to pick up a center who can actually pass him the puck. I shudder to think what flawed lessons he'll learn from this debacle. Doug can take his tired, overly conservative act to Toronto if they're stupid enough to have him. I don't think this team is ever going anywhere as long he's at the wheel, because I think he's too stupid to build a proper playoff team.
I totally agree with your post, I feel exactly the same way.

The thought of the Wild without Lemaire feels a little... I don't even know how to say it... scary? After all, he is the only coach we've ever had. We know his every look, his every smirk, his every gum-chewing technique. But all those mind games and the neverending line combinations are starting to get old. He is starting to outcoach himself, and that may be the sign that it's time for a change. Granted, he could only do so much with the curious roster that he had, and that brings us directly to Risebrough.

When you look at the big picture, we are on par with Nashville (which had a two-year head start), and light years ahead of Atlanta and Columbus in terms of success and organizational stability. You have to give Riser credit for that. On the other hand, I feel that at this point the Wild should be a legitimate contender, not an also-ran. We have an excellent core of young players that this team can build around. But that's the thing, he hasn't done a very good job of building around that core. He has tried to blindly copy Anaheim, and failed.

I don't think it's fair to point at Simon, though, and say: "This is where he screwed up". The team isn't built at the deadline, it's built in the summer. Let's look at Anaheim last year. All they did at the deadline was add a thug to their lineup. Sounds familiar? Well, at that point they had already built a team that was destined to go very far in the playoffs, with or without the above-mentioned thug (who will remain nameless here ). Can't say that about the Wild this year. The thing that irks me the most is that Lemaire rejected most of the players that Risebrough has brought in lately. Moore, Hall, Hill, Simon, Voros once he cooled off after a hot start. Since last year's deadline, the only newcomers who earned a regular spot are Fedoruk and Belanger. That's it, only two. So really, the only thing that has dramatically improved the roster since the beginning of last season is the development of Burns, Koivu and Schultz. It's almost like the team improved despite the GM's failure to improve the team. The only real improvement that can be credited to Risebrough in that time span is getting rid of the cancerous "French Connection" of Fernandez and Dupuis. That's all I can think of. So yeah, I will not shed any tears if Doug leaves. He has created a very good, strong franchise, but so far he has shown inability to take it to the final level - the level of contenders.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:17 AM
  #13
Circulartheory
@danccchan
 
Circulartheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitogor View Post
I totally agree with your post, I feel exactly the same way.

The thought of the Wild without Lemaire feels a little... I don't even know how to say it... scary? After all, he is the only coach we've ever had. We know his every look, his every smirk, his every gum-chewing technique. But all those mind games and the neverending line combinations are starting to get old. He is starting to outcoach himself, and that may be the sign that it's time for a change. Granted, he could only do so much with the curious roster that he had, and that brings us directly to Risebrough.

When you look at the big picture, we are on par with Nashville (which had a two-year head start), and light years ahead of Atlanta and Columbus in terms of success and organizational stability. You have to give Riser credit for that. On the other hand, I feel that at this point the Wild should be a legitimate contender, not an also-ran. We have an excellent core of young players that this team can build around. But that's the thing, he hasn't done a very good job of building around that core. He has tried to blindly copy Anaheim, and failed.

I don't think it's fair to point at Simon, though, and say: "This is where he screwed up". The team isn't built at the deadline, it's built in the summer. Let's look at Anaheim last year. All they did at the deadline was add a thug to their lineup. Sounds familiar? Well, at that point they had already built a team that was destined to go very far in the playoffs, with or without the above-mentioned thug (who will remain nameless here ). Can't say that about the Wild this year. The thing that irks me the most is that Lemaire rejected most of the players that Risebrough has brought in lately. Moore, Hall, Hill, Simon, Voros once he cooled off after a hot start. Since last year's deadline, the only newcomers who earned a regular spot are Fedoruk and Belanger. That's it, only two. So really, the only thing that has dramatically improved the roster since the beginning of last season is the development of Burns, Koivu and Schultz. It's almost like the team improved despite the GM's failure to improve the team. The only real improvement that can be credited to Risebrough in that time span is getting rid of the cancerous "French Connection" of Fernandez and Dupuis. That's all I can think of. So yeah, I will not shed any tears if Doug leaves. He has created a very good, strong franchise, but so far he has shown inability to take it to the final level - the level of contenders.
I agree. I am the wild DR supporter. Its ridiculous to say DR needs to go AT THIS POINT. He has built a strong franchise from the start and that alone should give him 1-2 more years with the team. It seems that the problem of not improving appeared after the Demitra trade so if the team continues to be in limbo for the next year or two, fine. But right now? Seriously?

Circulartheory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
  #14
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/17959489.html

the roster situation:
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/17961344.html

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 05:21 PM
  #15
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Either this team has had too much success too fast. Or i just do not agree with what the wild are doing. We have a solid core. Sheppard, Koivu, Schultz, Burns. We should keep PMB and Gabby and who knows what Gillies will be. But after that we will fall off fast. Carney, Hill and Nummy are gone. No that thats a big deal. Demo is gone and i would guess that Gabby will follow. So now any kind of major scoring threat is gone. We do not keep boh of Voros and Foy maybe not either. Fedoruk will stay and i think Rolston might. I think Radio can get more money if he goes elsewhere. With Rolston if a detroit or dallas offers him something and the wild are sitting on their hands. He might give it his all to play for a serious contender.

We will need about 3 new d men. Carney, Hill and Nummy

And 4 forwards at least. Simon, Demo, Foy, Voros, Rolston.

We could bring in Irmen, Kalus, Gillies, Clutterbuck, Pouliot, Gillies. At least with those guys we could save a penny or so. Those are not even 1 mil a year guys. Assuming those 6 guys cost 9 mil all together. That leaves us with roughly 11 mil. We would need three depth d men. 4 million there. And if Belle, Stoner or Reitz is ready even though Reitz is a UFA. We coukld cut that to 3.5 mil maybe. So then we are at about 7.5 mil. Bump one of our own young forwards and you have about 8 mil to sign two talented offensive players. Or one top end guy and sign PM long term.

If we do not sign Demo and Gabby wants out. We could load up on some solid young talent. All though if we do not sign Gabby i think the Demo trade will go down as one of the worst in MN sports history. We rent Demo to keep Gabby for a few extra years, WOW. I'd rather have the pick and O'Sullivan. And forget the renting of Demo.

I just want to get serious about the future. And trade away a stud prospect and a first. or go after some big name guys and make a big trade. We are stuck in the middle, we have no cup and our franchise player might be on his way out. As fans i think we got jobed the last few years.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 10:50 PM
  #16
Realm
Registered User
 
Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,558
vCash: 500
Parrish will be traded as well.

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:39 PM
  #17
Ace2008
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country:
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
not to talk stupid trade but how about Gaborik when he's on a hot streak for Olli---yes he's 3 years older but he's much more durable and a clutch guy who can play both Center (w/ good Faceoffs) and RW...oh yeah he's Finnish!


of course the Panthers fans will scream bloody murder but I think the trade brings something to both teams...

Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 08:39 AM
  #18
mncdn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MINNESOTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
I didn't know that the Florida Panthers had fans?

mncdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 03:48 PM
  #19
DW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: MN
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
Parrish will be traded as well.
For what/whom? He's an ok player with a long contract. The dollars are not bad but is he really wanted? Sure every team looks for secondary scoring (the Wild are numero uno if you ask me), but your not getting any kind of return for him imo. You maybe have to do a contract/contract type deal instead of prospects/picks (I'd prefer). Seems a wash for me if we take on a contract instead of getting rid of Parrish. JL seemed to sour on Parrish in the second half of the season but if he's not going to be around, then he may stay.

If DR and JL stay, I could see the Wild trying to move him. I don't see him as a priority to move though. I have no love/hate for the guy but I don't see him being the most important move this off-season.

Personally, what the Wild do with PMB and Gaborik this summer has got to be #1 on the list. (Even moreso then Demitra/Rolston becoming UFA's.) If we end up dealing these guys, then we'll be in for a long season with alot of turnover imo. If you trade PMB and Gaborik, I'd hope we'd get good players with some time in the NHL more then picks and prospects. I'm sure we'd get a little of everything for them though.

One of Demitra/Rolston will be gone for sure. They'll lose 3 d-men as well with only Reitz maybe ready to fill a spot. Holes galore on this team with very few players to step in next season. Are we hoping that another 1st rounder has to learn on the job so we can fill out a roster?

Gaborik, PMB, UFA's, the gm, the coach, lots of questions to be answered/resolved in the next four months. It will be fun, or terrible, depending on how you look at it I guess.

Seems like alot of questions marks for a team that has had a solid few seasons? To me it seems like the GM put himself into a situation that he's going to have a lot of trouble fixing.

...end of rant....


.......for now.....

DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2008, 07:44 AM
  #20
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 13,643
vCash: 500
Top 2 things that will upset me the most this offseason:

Gaborik being traded (following the lovely tradition of Minnesota sports teams trading their all-star talent and getting nothing but table scraps for them [Moss, Culpepper, about every Twin we've lost, Garnett, Smith, etc, etc])

Signing players who can't fit the role of JL's defensive system and only ruining their career and dropping their value. I don't see a Foppa, Hossa, Kovi style player getting along that well with JL for some reason

Two Things I would LIKE to see:

Getting more d-men to help out Shultz and Burns in the back that aren't exactly "offensive minded" actually play your position, no one is expecting a Lidstrom/Nieds caliber player on the blueline...just someone who can take away the shooting lanes and play off the forecheck would be sweel

#2 Center and a #1 winger to help with Gabby and to assist with the powerplay and hopefully sign Rolston to stay on as a 2nd line winger. could you picture a Gabby - Koivu - Williams and Rolston - Modo - PMB lines?? be awesome!

I won't be upset to see any of the mentioned players leave. Parrish had his season and he's looking like hes hitting that point in his career where its time to cut your losses and move on. Also would like to see them renegotiate with some of these players and get their contracts down a little bit to bring in some more talent. I know I can't speak for everyone, but paying players over 3 million who aren't producing anything close to their expectations just frustrates me.

Wouldn't hurt to have someone tell JL that while the system is a good idea and should be an encouraged style of play, there also needs to be an emphasis on actually scoring and not winning through the stick of two main players (Rolston & Gabby).

Enough with the bandaid players, I'm tired of goons on this team to bring a physical style of play and hardly contribute outside of fighting. Yes we lost to some teams because they were more physical than us, but bringing in these "tough hitters" didn't help either...still lost in the 1st round. Boogard, Simon, etc can all leave the team and I wouldn't miss them one bit. At least Fridge contributes some type of offensive production instead of drilling people into the wall. Not to mention half of them only play a handful of games a year and either healthy scratches or dropped to the minors to bring production up.

This is going to be an interesting off season and it can honestly go either way. We can either make some trades, get some great prospects that will flow with this team, or we will bomb it and start all over again being one of those teams that went from 1st one year to last the next year. We are in one of the most competitive divisions in the NHL, with only ( I believe) 10 points between us and the Oilers. That means we can't just sit on our rears and hope that they lose talent or something goes wrong next season. Vancouver had some fluke last couple games, Calgary was strong and they are going to be just as strong next year, and we all know how the Avs will be if Sakic and Foppa return (and hopefully healthy)...and Oilers have some great young talent still. Meaning, if we just go "well we have Gabby so we'll be good" we are seriously going to get a wakeup call that has us screaming for some trades during the season really quick.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2008, 01:13 AM
  #21
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,105
vCash: 500
reply

I was just wondering, i know what June 7th is the date that teams can start trading and such but i was just wondering when will we see anything about when our players resign or such..

According to nhlnumbers.com this is what we have

UFA's
Pavol Demitra
Brian Rolston
Branko Rady
Matt Foy
Todd Fedoruk
Steve Kelly
Keith Carney
Sean Hill

RFA"s
PM Bouchard
Stephane Veilleux
Aaron Voros
Kurtis Foster

This isn't including any of our farm players either

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2008, 04:13 AM
  #22
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,105
vCash: 500
reply

I know Fedoruk isnt the tough one out of our enforcers but we only need one and we have what 3 now left out of the four two more need to go and keep Fedoruk... I know Boogey is a big player and all but atleast Fedoruk can put points on the board every now and then...

Also i know Demitra is a UFA but we can do what Philly and nashville did... Alot of ppl are saying that Demitra has been seen in Vancouver so why dont we trade the rights of Demitra to Vancouver for a late 1st or 2nd round pick or something... That way Vancouver still has time to work out a deal with Demitra before he hits fa...

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 10:16 AM
  #23
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2008 View Post
not to talk stupid trade but how about Gaborik when he's on a hot streak for Olli---yes he's 3 years older but he's much more durable and a clutch guy who can play both Center (w/ good Faceoffs) and RW...oh yeah he's Finnish!


of course the Panthers fans will scream bloody murder but I think the trade brings something to both teams...
How is Olli 'never made the playoffs' Jokinen clutch?...


and you think the Panthers fans will scream bloody murder if they get one of the most talented players in the league for him?...

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 10:44 AM
  #24
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,252
vCash: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
How is Olli 'never made the playoffs' Jokinen clutch?...
If he had been clutch in olympics or world champs I could've bought that. But he usually puts up points against lesser countries...

And he SUCKS direly on the wing.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:04 PM
  #25
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,579
vCash: 500
quick question about Brent Burns

was he drafted as d-man then moved to forward, then moved back to defense or was he drafted as a forward?

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.