HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Projected 2008-2009 Lineup

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2008, 11:49 AM
dubey
Outrage Hobbyist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehawk74 View Post
Good point,

I'd be willing to go with this counter

To Toronto:
Filip Kuba
Brad Lukowich

To Tampa:
Alex Steen
2nd Rd. 2008
Sorry, Steen and a pick.. for who?

Old
05-26-2008, 12:21 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Sorry, Steen and a pick.. for who?
You know All Star and the Wilds all time leading goal scorer on defense in Kuba and the + being someone with two stanley cups and depth dman. Why who did you think they were

Oh yeah and just so you know Kuba has scored only 2 points less than Steen in the past 3 years so what were you saying?

Old
05-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Hockeyfan02

Might want to recheck your numbers. Unless yahoo is really wrong, Steen has outscored Kuba 122-93 in the last three years(not trying to disprove you, just checked because that would have surprised me if your stats were right). It should be noted it wasn't a Lightning fan who first proposed the deal.

Old
05-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Lutzinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
Might want to recheck your numbers. Unless yahoo is really wrong, Steen has outscored Kuba 122-93 in the last three years(not trying to disprove you, just checked because that would have surprised me if your stats were right). It should be noted it wasn't a Lightning fan who first proposed the deal.
thats right but dont forget that kuba is a d-man and steen is forward. it would be pathetic for steen if kuba had scored more than he did

Old
05-26-2008, 02:54 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Checked my numbers and your right (thats why i am failing maths )

Old
05-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
who are you proposing we use as the other centre while gratton is out? jones?
I think Gratton will be ready by training camp; however, someone will have to fill that center slot left by the Halpern injury.

Old
05-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzinho View Post
thats right but dont forget that kuba is a d-man and steen is forward.
Which is why I would have been surprised had Kuba been within a few points of Steen points wise. I would like to get Steen here, but I don't think Kuba+Luk would do it. Wouldn't make sense for the Leafs to make that trade since they are trying to rebuild and would be better off keeping Steen and their picks.

Old
05-26-2008, 03:23 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinandSacrifice View Post
How about Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and Fleury for your guy's 1st overall pick is that the kind of massive overpayment your talking about?
I think they are missing you on the trade proposals board
-------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
I think Gratton will be ready by training camp; however, someone will have to fill that center slot left by the Halpern injury.
sorry I mean with gratton while Halpern is injured to much thinking not enough typing

Last edited by bassassin: 05-26-2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old
05-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Bolts f4n

Send a message via AIM to Bolts f4n
Quote:
who are you proposing we use as the other centre while gratton is out? jones?
I'd like to see Jones.

Old
05-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts f4n View Post
I'd like to see Jones.
So would I honestly, but the question is will torts allow it?

Old
05-29-2008, 10:11 AM
TBFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Or Melrose.

Old
05-29-2008, 10:54 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking, Torts doesnt like him I could swear it, just by the 30 seconds per game he has got in the past.

Old
05-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Bolts f4n

Send a message via AIM to Bolts f4n
There's a good chance that if Torts is back, we might sign some veteran center. If Melrose is here, Jones will probably play. Who knows.

Old
06-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 1418
Awards:
Well we know Torts won't be back.. And most likely the Mullet will be here..

I guess this team is in a holding pattern until after the 18th when the new owners take over..

Old
06-08-2008, 01:04 PM
bassassin

Yeah I doubt they announce anything like extensions, but hopefully once the ownership change is official there will be a lot of changes.

There has been talk about targeting young players to sign I for one hope they mean Blake Wheeler. But I guess we will have to see...

Old
06-08-2008, 02:29 PM
hockey7749

Quote:
Yeah I doubt they announce anything like extensions, but hopefully once the ownership change is official there will be a lot of changes.

There has been talk about targeting young players to sign I for one hope they mean Blake Wheeler. But I guess we will have to see...
I think we'll get Gratton resigned and he'll be ready by the training camp. We all know Oren Koules wants that energy/muscle line of Evgeny Artyukhin, Chris Gratton, and Nick Tarnasky so we can pencil that combination in for fourth line. I think you will see that combination be used from the start, so there will be a vancancy on the third line until Halpern returns. Personally, I think Blaire Jones should be given every opportunity to win the job until Halpern is able to return, but I would definitely sign a young center to a two way contract that could compete with Jones for the roster spot or contribute in Norfolk.

I think a guy like Mathieu Darche is a great player for Norfolk, but not what we need in Tampa. Niklas Hagman is a guy I think the Lightning should target for that third line role. He is coming off his finest season in the NHL with Dallas recording 41 points in 82 games and has familiarity playing with Halpern. I think that would give us a third line that could create a lot of opportunities and mismatches.

For the second line, I think you'll see Jussi Jokinen paired with Steven Stamkos and a player signed from free agency. For the vacany on the right side, I think the Lightning should target Radim Vrbata, a 26 year old Czech who scored 56 points in 76 games last season in Phoenix.

I see Cory Stillman being out of the plans for the Ottawa Senators, so I think he should be our top target in the offseason. Remember he had his finest season here in Tampa and would certianly like the idea of playing with Lecavalier and St. Louis. People will probaly gawk at the idea of bringing back another former player, but in this case its different because Stillman was so valuable to us before and he would be just as valuable now.

Stillman - Lecavalier - St. Louis
Jokinen - Stamkos - Vrbata
Hagman - Halpern (Jones) - Ouellet
Arthyukin - Gratton - Tarnasky

Defensively we are looking at:

Boyle - Ranger
Kuba - Picard
O'Brien- Lukowich

and in net:

Ramo - Smith

If everyone stays healthy and recovers from their injuries in time, and management targets the right players in the offseason we could realistically make the playoffs next season. That's the attitude management and the players must have. Playoffs.

Old
06-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Nuzum View Post
I think we'll get Gratton resigned and he'll be ready by the training camp. We all know Oren Koules wants that energy/muscle line of Evgeny Artyukhin, Chris Gratton, and Nick Tarnasky so we can pencil that combination in for fourth line. I think you will see that combination be used from the start, so there will be a vancancy on the third line until Halpern returns. Personally, I think Blaire Jones should be given every opportunity to win the job until Halpern is able to return, but I would definitely sign a young center to a two way contract that could compete with Jones for the roster spot or contribute in Norfolk.

I think a guy like Mathieu Darche is a great player for Norfolk, but not what we need in Tampa. Niklas Hagman is a guy I think the Lightning should target for that third line role. He is coming off his finest season in the NHL with Dallas recording 41 points in 82 games and has familiarity playing with Halpern. I think that would give us a third line that could create a lot of opportunities and mismatches.

For the second line, I think you'll see Jussi Jokinen paired with Steven Stamkos and a player signed from free agency. For the vacany on the right side, I think the Lightning should target Radim Vrbata, a 26 year old Czech who scored 56 points in 76 games last season in Phoenix.

I see Cory Stillman being out of the plans for the Ottawa Senators, so I think he should be our top target in the offseason. Remember he had his finest season here in Tampa and would certianly like the idea of playing with Lecavalier and St. Louis. People will probaly gawk at the idea of bringing back another former player, but in this case its different because Stillman was so valuable to us before and he would be just as valuable now.

Stillman - Lecavalier - St. Louis
Jokinen - Stamkos - Vrbata
Hagman - Halpern (Jones) - Ouellet
Arthyukin - Gratton - Tarnasky

Defensively we are looking at:

Boyle - Ranger
Kuba - Picard
O'Brien- Lukowich

and in net:

Ramo - Smith

If everyone stays healthy and recovers from their injuries in time, and management targets the right players in the offseason we could realistically make the playoffs next season. That's the attitude management and the players must have. Playoffs.

I pretty much agree with everything you said beside Darsch. Darsch in my opionon busted his hump and threw his body on the line so Halpern and MO could have that chance to click. Many people are writing him off because he is a carrer minor leaguer but to be honest he did alot of things that this team needs. He showed more hustle and determination at times than this whole team did combined. For once i think the man deserves to come into camp with a roster spot to lose than one to gain. Give the guy a chance, for once in his carrer.

Old
06-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
They announced the Picard and Quick signings last week so any other signings being announced aren't out of the question. There really isn't much that happens from here until the draft weekend anyway. One thing I'd like to see is Feaster acquire a pick or two between now and the draft. Wheeler would be nice too, but I'm not sure what teams are after him.

Old
06-08-2008, 03:37 PM
bassassin

Quote:
They announced the Picard and Quick signings last week so any other signings being announced aren't out of the question. There really isn't much that happens from here until the draft weekend anyway. One thing I'd like to see is Feaster acquire a pick or two between now and the draft. Wheeler would be nice too, but I'm not sure what teams are after him.
Oh yeah I forgot about the signing of Picard and Quick. I agree on the picks side of things I will be happy with their moves if they can manage to replace our second rounder, but I'm not sure how. Any chance Kuba and/or Lukowich could go and bring back a second?

Old
06-08-2008, 03:56 PM
hockey7749

Quote:
Oh yeah I forgot about the signing of Picard and Quick. I agree on the picks side of things I will be happy with their moves if they can manage to replace our second rounder, but I'm not sure how. Any chance Kuba and/or Lukowich could go and bring back a second?
I certainly wouldn't deal Kuba for only a second rounder. Obviously with Boyle's injury he was playing far to many minutes and in a role that wasn't suited for him. I see him more as a second pair defensemen and I think he will succeed in that role. This organization hasn't developed much in terms of draft picks and I think trading a decent player who can contribute to this team for a draft pick isn't in our best interest.

I wouldn't mind dealing Lukowich for a draft pick though. Although I'm not sure you'd get much in return. Lukowich's salary isn't too kind and we have younger and cheaper prospects that are NHL ready and need his spot.

Old
06-08-2008, 04:05 PM
hockey7749

Quote:
I pretty much agree with everything you said beside Darsch. Darsch in my opionon busted his hump and threw his body on the line so Halpern and MO could have that chance to click. Many people are writing him off because he is a carrer minor leaguer but to be honest he did alot of things that this team needs. He showed more hustle and determination at times than this whole team did combined. For once i think the man deserves to come into camp with a roster spot to lose than one to gain. Give the guy a chance, for once in his carrer.
If he is resigned he'll have his opportunity to make the team, but I think Feaster will resign him thinking he'll be in Norfolk come October. We certainly need more depth on the wings and hopefully we will address that need in the offseason. Darche worked hard and I'll give him credit for that but I am really hoping he will have his work cut out for him to make the team this year. I don't mean that in a bad way, because I liked his work ethic, but the team needs more offense, and I don't think Darche is going to contribute much. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Old
06-08-2008, 09:05 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Nuzum View Post
Ryan Craig for 3rd line center??

Old
06-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Tb0ne

Send a message via MSN to Tb0ne
Canucks fan here, was just wondering if there has been any information as far as how much Tampa plans on spending for this coming season? I saw someone suggest at least 48 million earlier in this thread but is there any chance they spend closer to the cap?

Because when I look at your lineup with the additions of Smith, Jokinen, Halpern and Stamkos it appears as though they should compete for a playoff spot or better if they spend to the cap. And it just seems strange that they wouldn't but I'm not really up to date on your ownership/revenue situation.

Old
06-09-2008, 04:12 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb0ne View Post
Canucks fan here, was just wondering if there has been any information as far as how much Tampa plans on spending for this coming season? I saw someone suggest at least 48 million earlier in this thread but is there any chance they spend closer to the cap?

Because when I look at your lineup with the additions of Smith, Jokinen, Halpern and Stamkos it appears as though they should compete for a playoff spot or better if they spend to the cap. And it just seems strange that they wouldn't but I'm not really up to date on your ownership/revenue situation.
That is just people estimating nothing has been said by ownership, but in statements they have said they will be going after young free agents. So no one knows is what I am trying to say

Old
06-09-2008, 01:41 PM
GWF82

Send a message via AIM to GWF82
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Ryan Craig for 3rd line center??
For the first seven games of the season before he gets injured AGAIN.

Closed Thread