HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ive said it once and ill say it again!

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Ive said it once and ill say it again!

A lot of people here like too question, the habs organizatoin. Especially the benching of Komi. People go on about how its going too ruin his deveploment. They even go as far as to say that The "habs" dont know what they are doing with this kid by not letting him play. Well, STOP that. On team 990 McGuire mentioned last week how he had spoken to Komi on a flight to chicago about watching the games from above.

Komi told McGuire on how Gainey has been educating him on how to play the game. Komi also mentioned that sometimes Gainey would just talk to him thorugh out the whole game.

So for those of you who think benching Komi is against his developement, its NOT. He is always learning something. When he is on the ice he is learing with Julian, when not on the ice he is learing with Gainey. He needs the the "hands" on approach but also the "Knowledge" approach. He needs both, and thats why he is not always PLAYING.

So next time think before you critisize or just be patient untill you find out "why" . I still remember the reaction of the ribs benching or the recent call up of Dykhouse(SPL)

Peace!

Old
02-09-2004, 01:23 PM
watercoolant

Send a message via MSN to watercoolant
Come to think of it, it reminds me of what Souray said about watching the game from above when he was injured the last 2 seasons.

Old
02-09-2004, 01:25 PM
smnhppu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch

Old
02-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Bob Bastards

You have to understand that this is Montreal and is hockey nuclear inferno. Every little thing become a mountain and more...
Komi will be fine, I am not sure if the Habs will resign Quintal this summer and he will probably take is place. Also you never know if some trade will happen before the trade limit or some injurie (like thr Rivet one). Gainey is not dumb, he know what he is doing.

Old
02-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Kirk Muller

I don't really want to bring it up, but this is just another reason why we see Hainsey in Hamilton, and Komisarek staying up despite the previous injuries to the left side. Komisarek has just so much more maturity and is very teachable.

I remember people questioning whether the organization told Hainsey what he had to do to get to the next level, this shows the organization is taking a hands on approach and communicating with their youngsters.

Komisarek is still raw in terms of development, but this is just another sign of him as a person and his desire to succeed.

Old
02-09-2004, 02:59 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

Benching of Komisarek = benching Pierre-Marc Bouchard

Watch them explodes in 2-3 years.

Old
02-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Komi told McGuire on how Gainey has been educating him on how to play the game. Komi also mentioned that sometimes Gainey would just talk to him thorugh out the whole game.
Haven't heard that before and gotta admit, I love that!!!!! Can't see how watching games with tips from Gainey could ever be looked at as a bad thing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I don't really want to bring it up, but this is just another reason why we see Hainsey in Hamilton, and Komisarek staying up despite the previous injuries to the left side. Komisarek has just so much more maturity and is very teachable.............Komisarek is still raw in terms of development, but this is just another sign of him as a person and his desire to succeed.
DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!
That's why I consdiered Komisarek a blue chipper as close to a sure thing as you'll find versus Hainsey who still at this point has to be considered a question mark.

Closed Thread