HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is there anyone else who can't shake the bad mood after losses?

Old
05-01-2008, 08:06 AM
33Roy33

vCash: 500
Is there anyone else who can't shake the bad mood after losses?

These playoffs have really been taking their toll on me as far as stress level at an all time high the next day or two after a loss. I have been edgy and moody and really not a nice person all playoffs. The problem is I can't shake the bad mood away. I want to be able to get my frustration out the night of a loss, and wake up happy and optimistic, but I just end up waking up cranky and moody and pissed off about the loss. I can't stop thinking about how we should have won, and if anyone teases and jokes around about the Habs I snap, even though I know it is all in fun. On the other hand when the Habs win my life couldn't be better and I couldn't be happier, it is like my attitude all depends on the Habs. I always knew I was obsessed, but this is getting a bit much. Does anyone else have this problem, or I am I a bit crazy?

33Roy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Having sex with 2-3 ladies the following day usually puts me in a better mood.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:09 AM
OldHABit

You're not the only one that feels that way.

OldHABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Judge Sauer*

LOL, I'm the same way. I'll be in a rage after a loss (only in the last 3 games) for a half hour. Than I'm pretty much in a bad mood until close to the end of the working day the day after. I was much better with handling a loss during the regular season though, my bad mood would only last for that night.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:12 AM
dlandry77

I was the same way last night, it sucked.

dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffie709 View Post
These playoffs have really been taking their toll on me as far as stress level at an all time high the next day or two after a loss. I have been edgy and moody and really not a nice person all playoffs. The problem is I can't shake the bad mood away. I want to be able to get my frustration out the night of a loss, and wake up happy and optimistic, but I just end up waking up cranky and moody and pissed off about the loss. I can't stop thinking about how we should have won, and if anyone teases and jokes around about the Habs I snap, even though I know it is all in fun. On the other hand when the Habs win my life couldn't be better and I couldn't be happier, it is like my attitude all depends on the Habs. I always knew I was obsessed, but this is getting a bit much. Does anyone else have this problem, or I am I a bit crazy?
It's not the losses as much as the way they lost. If Phille was outplaying us and deserved to win, I'd give them full credit, but this outplaying them for most of the game only to see them score a weak one routine is driving me nuts.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's not the losses as much as the way they lost. If Phille was outplaying us and deserved to win, I'd give them full credit, but this outplaying them for most of the game only to see them score a weak one routine is driving me nuts.
agreed !!

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Licou

Awww... Cheer up guys. We`ve got a young team that is showing is lack of expenrience big time in the playoff. It`s sad that we are loosing to a team that we could beat but that`s how it goes, and besides, this ain`t over yet.

Our team will get better year after year don`t worry...

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Im burning up from rage when they lose. Then I try to think about the positives (even though im not a really positive person). This team is young and they are learning right now. Better they learn the hard way now than later. All the young guys are soaking up the experience right now. The future looks good. I think about this, and it makes me feel better.

Edit: Also, I'd be worried if were losing without giving any effort. Sure outplaying the opponent and losing the game is tougher, but that just shows this CAN get into the third round of the playoffs and maybe deeper. With such a young team thats pretty good.

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Only the Turkey can help... Here are some insturctions

take Whiskey glass....

add 2 or 3 ice cubes, then fill to the top with:

drink it... then fall asleep.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Mue

Meh...it's just hockey.

I honestly thought at the beginning of the season that I wouldn't get to see any Habs playoff hockey.

Two rounds is better than one (cough sens cough bruins) and certainly better than none.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Turbo

Bah, a good night's sleep and focus on other people & things I like usually does the trick.

But while I'm not "down" anymore, I don't have that high you carry after a big win.

We have a young progressing team, it's the only thing to remember. This experience is invaluable.

Plus "it ain't over 'til it's over."

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:55 AM
rudethedude66

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHABit View Post
You're not the only one that feels that way.
does ur sister and her hot friend count?

rudethedude66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Now that you mentioned it, I honestly don't know what restrained me last night. I was angry enough to punch a baby.

I'm still feeling down, but I have a test in about an hour and a half from now so my mind is focusing on something other than hockey.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:11 AM
CacaLauncher23

Quote:
These playoffs have really been taking their toll on me as far as stress level at an all time high the next day or two after a loss. I have been edgy and moody and really not a nice person all playoffs. The problem is I can't shake the bad mood away. I want to be able to get my frustration out the night of a loss, and wake up happy and optimistic, but I just end up waking up cranky and moody and pissed off about the loss. I can't stop thinking about how we should have won, and if anyone teases and jokes around about the Habs I snap, even though I know it is all in fun. On the other hand when the Habs win my life couldn't be better and I couldn't be happier, it is like my attitude all depends on the Habs. I always knew I was obsessed, but this is getting a bit much. Does anyone else have this problem, or do I need to get a life?
Fixed it for ya.

CacaLauncher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:21 AM
33Roy33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CacaLauncher23 View Post
Fixed it for ya.
Well the Habs are a huge part of my life, I choose to watch them 82 nights a year, I guess that is the problem, they are more important to me then anything else going on. I would much rather watch a game then do any other social activity going on, so maybe you are right.

33Roy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:27 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

ditto here

im ****ing moody as hell and it sucks

today i actually want to be left completely alone and not socialize. plus i ****ed up with my gf yesterday (before the game) and i cant fix anything because of the way i feel today.

ugh.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:42 AM
CacaLauncher23

Quote:
Well the Habs are a huge part of my life, I choose to watch them 82 nights a year, I guess that is the problem, they are more important to me then anything else going on. I would much rather watch a game then do any other social activity going on, so maybe you are right.
If it affects your mood, you should take a step back. I'm not saying that to be condescending. Everything is better in moderation.

Personally, I find that watching all games is just too time consuming. 82 games is about 200 hours + of television. That's about a full month of business hours. Then you start obsessing about every little stat like World Of Warcraft addict, except it's hockey so it passes off better.

So I'd rather watch the habs on a threadmill at the gym or listen to them on the radio while I'm at the office.

But that's just me.

Old
05-01-2008, 09:54 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by CacaLauncher23 View Post
If it affects your mood, you should take a step back. I'm not saying that to be condescending. Everything is better in moderation.

Personally, I find that watching all games is just too time consuming. 82 games is about 200 hours + of television. That's about a full month of business hours. Then you start obsessing about every little stat like World Of Warcraft addict, except it's hockey so it passes off better.

So I'd rather watch the habs on a threadmill at the gym or listen to them on the radio while I'm at the office.

But that's just me.
a man with so much insight as yourself could, surely, explain to me how he ended up with a username like yours?

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Guillemin

I hammered on my practice pell for about an hour after the game yesterday. And I'm in a bad mood today.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:56 AM
CacaLauncher23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
a man with so much insight as yourself could, surely, explain to me how he ended up with a username like yours?
It's the same username I used when I was like 15 years old, 10 years ago.

I'm just used to it.

Does it matter?

Old
05-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
pwned.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
CacaLauncher23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
pwned.
If that's your idea of pwned, I wonder what failing is.

Old
05-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I don't think I've ever been so frustrated watching a playoff series then I have with this one. Watching our team skate circles around them then hit Biron in the chest or miss the net only to have the Flyers skate down the ice and score right away has driven me nuts. I am still quite pissed off today.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Having sex with 2-3 ladies the following day usually puts me in a better mood.
If by "ladies" you mean "homeless men" I believe you.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote