HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A suggestion for game 7 athmosphere

Old
04-21-2008, 02:21 AM
Gilles Tremblay

vCash: 500
A suggestion for game 7 athmosphere

I don't know if it's just me, but I'd like to see the players earn the crowd's support tonight.

I'd cancel the pre-game on-ice video projections which, if they are the same as game 1 and still mention the Cup and the 13 for 25 -- see youtube -- reeks of misplaced arrogance. Just turn off the lights before the game and let the crowd wait for the game. If they're quiet, then so be it. Let the players focus on the game, and let the crowd wake up after the Hab's first nice play or first goal.

Anyways, who am I kidding? The crowd will be noisy from the start anyways, I'm sure. They do not need to be milked for cheers by silly theatrics, U2 or "Noise! Noise! Noise!" requests on the jumbotron. They might even distract the Habs or motivate or inflame further the Bruins.

[Mistaken stat busted by Fish On The Sand edited out]

Last edited by Gilles Tremblay: 04-21-2008 at 02:53 AM.
Gilles Tremblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:28 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I want to see GSP drop the puck. The building will explode and the guys will be jacked. The more the guys are jacked, the more difficult it will be to play a structured system, which should favour the habs, in theory.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:43 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles Tremblay View Post

PS: Road clubs are 10-4 in Game 7's since 1990.
I do not think that is a true stat. Montreal won at home in 92, Vancouver won at home last year, Carolina won at home in 06, Colorado won at home in 01 twice, and Detroit won at home in 02. I almost forgot, Vancouver also won at home in 03 against St. Louis. So right off the top of my head that is 7 wins for the home side in game 7's. Just remembered some more. vancouver in 94 against Calgary, New York in 94 twice, once against new Jersey and again against Vancouver. Tampa Bay also won in 04 against Calgary at home, as well as New Jersey at home in 03 against Anaheim.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Gilles Tremblay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I do not think that is a true stat. Montreal won at home in 92, Vancouver won at home last year, Carolina won at home in 06, Colorado won at home in 01 twice, and Detroit won at home in 02. I almost forgot, Vancouver also won at home in 03 against St. Louis. So right off the top of my head that is 7 wins for the home side in game 7's. Just remembered some more. vancouver in 94 against Calgary, New York in 94 twice, once against new Jersey and again against Vancouver.
I can't verify the stat, I simply read it at the end of an NHL news release published on Habs Inside/Out (see last paragraph). Oh crap wait, these are games that went in OT. My bad!

Gilles Tremblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles Tremblay View Post
I can't verify the stat, I simply read it at the end of an NHL news release published on Habs Inside/Out (see last paragraph). Oh crap wait, these are games that went in OT. My bad!
STATS MEAN NOTHING
MOMENTUM MEANS NOTHING
PRESSURE MEANS NOTHING
RANK #1 vs 8 MEANS NOTHING
HONESTLY THE CROWD PROBABLY MEANS NOTHING TOO.. (if you need the crowd to pump you up in game 7, you need more help than they can give you)

All of these go out the window its one game winner take all.....

We do have one small edge going into this game though, lets use it.

Last Line Change

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 05:32 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
STATS MEAN NOTHING
MOMENTUM MEANS NOTHING
PRESSURE MEANS NOTHING
RANK #1 vs 8 MEANS NOTHING
HONESTLY THE CROWD PROBABLY MEANS NOTHING TOO.. (if you need the crowd to pump you up in game 7, you need more help than they can give you)

All of these go out the window its one game winner take all.....

We do have one small edge going into this game though, lets use it.

Last Line Change
+1

Very...very well said.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote