HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burke to flyers done

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Burke to flyers done

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=71564

and to think some flyers fan gave me crap just for asking what he flyers will do if anything

at least they got back some youth, but i wouldnt want to trade comrie

Old
02-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=71564

and to think some flyers fan gave me crap just for asking what he flyers will do if anything

at least they got back some youth, but i wouldnt want to trade comrie
The Flyers actually made a pretty good deal. Everyone gave them a bunch of crap when they traded for comrie because their goaltending was unstable. Sure they lost Woywitka and a 1st for Burke, but in the mean time they got back that Radoslaivch guy (spelling???) and a former 1st round draft pick. Not bad by Clarke. If Burke pulls off a run he'll look like a genius. I thought he was gonna blow, but he might have just gotten the better of everybody here.

Old
02-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
The Flyers actually made a pretty good deal. Everyone gave them a bunch of crap when they traded for comrie because their goaltending was unstable. Sure they lost Woywitka and a 1st for Burke, but in the mean time they got back that Radoslaivch guy (spelling???) and a former 1st round draft pick. Not bad by Clarke. If Burke pulls off a run he'll look like a genius. I thought he was gonna blow, but he might have just gotten the better of everybody here.
I wouldnt call it that great. Ben Eager is a decent prospect. Sean Burke is old and in the last year of a contract. Branko Rad is okay.

Philly needed a better goalie so the deal wasn't really bad, but any team that puts Comrie out as a 2nd line center is probably in good shape. I would call this one in favor of Pho, but its a deal that does help Philly and its the type of trade you can make when you have a glut of material to trade like Philly does. Its the type of trade you take a bit of a hit on because it could take you to the next level to battle with NJ and Ottawa.

Old
02-10-2004, 08:24 AM
True Blue

Pretty good trade by Clarke. Comrie, probably had no place on the Flyers and they turned him into a goalie that can help them for a year or 2. Not only that, but they managed to bring back you YOUNG prospects as well. This is the type of trade that Colarado would make. Yes, they shipped off a young star, but they got immediate help in an area they needed AND got back several more prospects. Eager is a former 1st rounder and will help the Flyers. Branco isn't too bad either. I think that Clarke helped his team here.
Sather would not only have not brought back younger players, but would not improve the Rangers in an area they need help in.

Old
02-10-2004, 08:33 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Pretty good trade by Clarke. Comrie, probably had no place on the Flyers and they turned him into a goalie that can help them for a year or 2. Not only that, but they managed to bring back you YOUNG prospects as well. This is the type of trade that Colarado would make. Yes, they shipped off a young star, but they got immediate help in an area they needed AND got back several more prospects. Eager is a former 1st rounder and will help the Flyers. Branco isn't too bad either. I think that Clarke helped his team here.
Sather would not only have not brought back younger players, but would not improve the Rangers in an area they need help in.

I have to wonder how much more Clarke would have really had to give up to get Khabibulin.