HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Burke for Tyutin happens, THATS IT

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Leetchie2

vCash:
If Burke for Tyutin happens, THATS IT

From ESPN.COM

Reportedly, the Coyotes requested winger Jamie Lundmark, while the Rangers countered with highly regarded defenseman prospect Fedor Tyutin

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'm sorry guys, but I don't think I can remain loyal to the Rangers anymore if they do that. Yeah Yeah, I know, I'll still stay loyal to them, but that would freaking hurt. UGH, I HATE SATHER. I hope the Coyotes reject the offer. Please Barnett, Please!

Old
02-08-2004, 09:12 PM
TrueBlue4life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie2
From ESPN.COM

Reportedly, the Coyotes requested winger Jamie Lundmark, while the Rangers countered with highly regarded defenseman prospect Fedor Tyutin

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'm sorry guys, but I don't think I can remain loyal to the Rangers anymore if they do that. Yeah Yeah, I know, I'll still stay loyal to them, but that would freaking hurt. UGH, I HATE SATHER. I hope the Coyotes reject the offer. Please Barnett, Please!
this is making me sick...sather can not possibly be this stupid...

Old
02-08-2004, 09:14 PM
AVE MAN

I think the that the Burke to Philly deal is pretty much done. Don't be suprized to see a deal done with Sathers favorite trading partner in the next few weeks. Tommy Salo is available and Kevin Lowe loves trading with Slats.

Salo for Balckburn?

Don't be suprized!

Old
02-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Kluivert4Ever

You know what sound I think other GM makes when they hear Sather wanna deal with them?
Well you know that sound Homer makes when he sees beer or some nice food? You know that sound and the drooling?
Yeah that´s the one...

Old
02-08-2004, 09:20 PM
allrevvedup25

hey guys. doesn't Sather read these boards?? Maybe we should keep these types of trades off here because he may make these absurd trades to get back at all the fans chanting FIRE SATHER!!! Remember a couple of years ago, everyone was posting how happy that Yorkie wasn't apart of the Bure then BAM, he was shipped to Edmonton for Porta-poti

Old
02-08-2004, 09:42 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Calm down...

Sather wants to bring Tjutin up as soon as he's ready. It's all whatever source you choose to believe. Brooks says the Rangers refuse to part with any youth for Burke. I wouldn't put much stock in a report like that. Everyone is just looking for another reason to jump on Sather.

Old
02-08-2004, 10:04 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Sather wants to bring Tjutin up as soon as he's ready. It's all whatever source you choose to believe. Brooks says the Rangers refuse to part with any youth for Burke. I wouldn't put much stock in a report like that. Everyone is just looking for another reason to jump on Sather.
Hope you're right jas, but I'm pretty jackass-shy at this point.

Old
02-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Barnaby

Hows this for a Slats trade?

Pho - Jamie Lundmark, Nigel Dawes, 2nd round pick, Cash

NYR - Jan Hrdina, Sean Burke

That type of trade would totally not surprise me.

The most I'd give for Burke would be a 2nd rounder... no more.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:40 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

If the rangers were firmly in the hunt for a playoff spot, i'd consider trading a pick for Burke. What good would he do us now? Can he steal that many games on his own to carry this "team" into the playoffs?

I think I'd prefer to give up a higher pick for Fernandez who could help us for the next few years instead of Burke, who is getting up there in age.

Old
02-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Fletch

I guess Sather meant...

that Tyutin would be recalled by Phoenix, not Sather, thus getting a shot at the NHL. Strange that Sather said he'd likely recall Tyutin even though Tyutin wasn't in the lineup Saturday for the 'Pack. Wouldn't Sather want Tyutin to get up to speed with the 'Pack prior to having him play his first NHL game?

Old
02-09-2004, 11:20 AM
ap215

If this is true then this is a big,big mistake by Sather if he makes this trade.

Old
02-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue4life
this is making me sick...sather can not possibly be this stupid...
If Sather's not, I'm sure Boobie is!

Old
02-09-2004, 11:41 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap215
If this is true then this is a big,big mistake by Sather if he makes this trade.
We said the EXACT same thing prior to the Lindros trade & the York trade & the Jagr. Didn't seem to matter back then and probably does not know. Similar things were muttered when Bure was about to be traded. Jackass does not show that he is capable of learning from history. It's almost like he is hell-bent on doing what he wants just to thumb his nose at the popular opinion.

Old
02-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Profet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
We said the EXACT same thing prior to the Lindros trade & the York trade & the Jagr. Didn't seem to matter back then and probably does not know. Similar things were muttered when Bure was about to be traded. Jackass does not show that he is capable of learning from history. It's almost like he is hell-bent on doing what he wants just to thumb his nose at the popular opinion.
or has the memory of a goldfish...

(think fish slamming into one side of tank...only to turn around and swim full force towards the other side)

Old
02-09-2004, 10:26 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie2
From ESPN.COM

Well Burke is off to Philly. And the thread is closed.