HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7 for Saku Koivu

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2008, 10:05 AM
  #1
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,479
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Game 7 for Saku Koivu

The Habs will win, they have to win.

I've never had the priviledge of watching the Habs have a good play-off run. I've never had the priviledge of watching the Habs finish anything higher than 7th. Now they finally do it and they are going to bow out to a team they went 8-0-0 against? and were up 3-1 against?

Nope, it just can't happen. For the love of Saku Koivu, a guy who gives and gives and has had only the world take and take from his body and from his career, the only justice in the world would be that this man who defeated cancer, who plays despite not having the speed he once had because of a knee injury and a guy playing with blind spots in his vision because of an errant highstick, he deserves this victory.. this play-off run more than anyone else in the entire world.

I simply cannot fathom living in a world that this man, Saku Koivu, does not get a chance with a team that's assembled that is finally a contender and bows out early because of a broken foot and was not there in a couple crucial games. Saku Koivu deserves this, Koivu is owed this by karma, by the world and by whatever other good-natured force exists in this crazy reality.. and by all hell, Saku Koivu will get it.

(Reposted from the GDT.)

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 10:13 AM
  #2
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 18,980
vCash: 500
amen.

__________________
Hello, this is a signature
Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 10:15 AM
  #3
Iyathurai
Still missing Saku:(
 
Iyathurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 509
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Iyathurai
Koivu has gone through so much for this team, he deserves the best! Nothing would feel better than to see him hoist the cup!

Iyathurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 10:18 AM
  #4
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
The O'Reilly Rule
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fall River
Country: United States
Posts: 18,025
vCash: 500
Koivu really embarrassed us in the circle in Game 6. We're really going to have to bear down on faceoffs to stop him tonight. But surprisingly Saku and Petteri Nokelainen have identical win percentages (71.4)

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 10:31 AM
  #5
Nashy
The Honey Badger
 
Nashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,593
vCash: 500
Koivu can and will carry this team on his back...bank on it.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 10:36 AM
  #6
R4lph B4ckstrom
Registered User
 
R4lph B4ckstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montréal
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
I feel exactly the same thing.

R4lph B4ckstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:28 AM
  #7
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
In Koivu I trust.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:33 AM
  #8
Brisk-Illusion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Nope, it just can't happen. For the love of Saku Koivu, a guy who gives and gives and has had only the world take and take from his body and from his career, the only justice in the world would be that this man who defeated cancer, who plays despite not having the speed he once had because of a knee injury and a guy playing with blind spots in his vision because of an errant highstick, he deserves this victory.. this play-off run more than anyone else in the entire world.

I simply cannot fathom living in a world that this man, Saku Koivu, does not get a chance with a team that's assembled that is finally a contender and bows out early because of a broken foot and was not there in a couple crucial games. Saku Koivu deserves this, Koivu is owed this by karma, by the world and by whatever other good-natured force exists in this crazy reality.. and by all hell, Saku Koivu will get it.
Its waaaay to early to get drunk, wait for the Bruins to get a couple of goals off Brisebois turnovers first, then get hammered

While we're on the topic of getting hammered and Brisebois playing in game 7....


Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:35 AM
  #9
Guillemin
Registered User
 
Guillemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,110
vCash: 500
If he got the icetime he deserved after his last performance, we'd win.

But Kovalev will be clogging up the PP and even strength time with his embarrassment of play.

Because that will happen, Koivu's miracle won't.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:36 AM
  #10
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,479
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
If he got the icetime he deserved after his last performance, we'd win.

But Kovalev will be clogging up the PP and even strength time with his embarrassment of play.

Because that will happen, Koivu's miracle won't.
Carbonneau might aswell announce the Streit-Lapierre-Dandenault line with a forceful kick in Koivu's nuts every syllable he speaks.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:37 AM
  #11
Brisk-Illusion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
If he got the icetime he deserved after his last performance, we'd win.

But Kovalev will be clogging up the PP and even strength time with his embarrassment of play.

Because that will happen, Koivu's miracle won't.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again,

Koviu + Kovalev on the same line = win

For God's sake, at least play them during the PP, its running at 6% efficiency, it can't get worse

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:38 AM
  #12
Lestriker
Registered User
 
Lestriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Koivu will play a great game. And Price will dominate. He showed to be performing at his best when under major pressure in the past. (WJC, Calder Cup.)

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:43 AM
  #13
HabsFather
Twitter: @HabsFather
 
HabsFather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal Forum
Country: Canada
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Amen. Anyone who goes to the game tonite do not stop cheerin we need to beleive and the boys need to know that we believe in them as well dont let the team down and don't let Koivu down.!

HabsFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:43 AM
  #14
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The Habs will win, they have to win.

I've never had the priviledge of watching the Habs have a good play-off run. I've never had the priviledge of watching the Habs finish anything higher than 7th. Now they finally do it and they are going to bow out to a team they went 8-0-0 against? and were up 3-1 against?

Nope, it just can't happen. For the love of Saku Koivu, a guy who gives and gives and has had only the world take and take from his body and from his career, the only justice in the world would be that this man who defeated cancer, who plays despite not having the speed he once had because of a knee injury and a guy playing with blind spots in his vision because of an errant highstick, he deserves this victory.. this play-off run more than anyone else in the entire world.

I simply cannot fathom living in a world that this man, Saku Koivu, does not get a chance with a team that's assembled that is finally a contender and bows out early because of a broken foot and was not there in a couple crucial games. Saku Koivu deserves this, Koivu is owed this by karma, by the world and by whatever other good-natured force exists in this crazy reality.. and by all hell, Saku Koivu will get it.

(Reposted from the GDT.)
What I've been telling everyone on #HFHabs chat on the HF irc server is that basically: Koivu back for game 7 == boston failure

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:45 AM
  #15
Guillemin
Registered User
 
Guillemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again,

Koviu + Kovalev on the same line = win

For God's sake, at least play them during the PP, its running at 6% efficiency, it can't get worse
That would be great.

Unfortunately Pleks' useless penalty and subsequent goal from last game will be viewed as consequential in Carbo's eyes.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:46 AM
  #16
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
If he got the icetime he deserved after his last performance, we'd win.

But Kovalev will be clogging up the PP and even strength time with his embarrassment of play.

Because that will happen, Koivu's miracle won't.
You're way too depressed and negative. Go out and get in the sunshine for awhile. Pet a puppy. Watch the Senators Game 3 introduction again. Do something to break out of your funk, you're bringing me down.

It's a one-game series tonight. Have faith in the Habs.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 01:44 PM
  #17
#eleven
Registered User
 
#eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
to the original post.

Couldn't possibly agree more.

#eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 03:41 PM
  #18
MacHabs93
Registered User
 
MacHabs93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The Habs will win, they have to win.
So why are you posting that the GWG will be by a Ruins?

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 03:49 PM
  #19
Bermy
Registered User
 
Bermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
A Kost- Pleks- S Kost

Higgins- Koivu- Kovalev

that's what I want to see

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 03:58 PM
  #20
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 500
Please Saku do it for me, for my mental health


Last edited by LeMAD: 04-21-2008 at 04:05 PM.
LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 04:06 PM
  #21
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,465
vCash: 500
In Saku we trust, may he bring peace to all Habs faithful. On this, I to you Saku.


Go HABS GO!!

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 04:10 PM
  #22
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,479
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93 View Post
So why are you posting that the GWG will be by a Ruins?
It's been changed. This was before the line-up decisions, now that I have the feeling we're gonna win despite only having three lines that will do anything.

I want to hear SAKU! SAKU! CHANTED FROM THE RAFTERS OF THE BELL CENTRE WIN OR LOSE. But tonight its going to be a win and it's going to be a serenade for one of the bravest men in the history of the CH.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 04:51 PM
  #23
mtl_felix
Registered User
 
mtl_felix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lavaltrie, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Do it for Saku.

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 05:43 PM
  #24
Form and Substance
Registered User
 
Form and Substance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's been changed. This was before the line-up decisions, now that I have the feeling we're gonna win despite only having three lines that will do anything.

I want to hear SAKU! SAKU! CHANTED FROM THE RAFTERS OF THE BELL CENTRE WIN OR LOSE. But tonight its going to be a win and it's going to be a serenade for one of the bravest men in the history of the CH.
You're such a hypocrite. Well at least you're on the right side.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 05:45 PM
  #25
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,479
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
You're such a hypocrite. Well at least you're on the right side.
I wouldn't say a hypocrite. I just overreact to decisions when they aren't the ones I agree with.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.