HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Carbo's reason why we'll win

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2008, 01:33 PM
  #1
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,197
vCash: 500
Carbo's reason why we'll win

He said he'll be wearing the stylish tie again.

Go Tie Go!!! work your magic baby!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 01:34 PM
  #2
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
I've been saying it since saturday.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 01:39 PM
  #3
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I've been saying it since saturday.
Did you? :p

Seriously though, i hope he's gonna start going with a 2man forecheck and not one.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 01:44 PM
  #4
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Did you? :p

Seriously though, i hope he's gonna start going with a 2man forecheck and not one.
If we go with a 2-man forecheck for the entire game.. It's over before it started for the Bruins.

It's when he flips back to that stupid 1 man forecheck.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 01:56 PM
  #5
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
If we go with a 2-man forecheck for the entire game.. It's over before it started for the Bruins.

It's when he flips back to that stupid 1 man forecheck.
Yes indeed. Its funny because he's the one that says ''we stopped skating''..''we stopped putting pressure''...it seems he doesn't realize it sometimes..

I also hope that the PP will be completely changed and that Streit will be out from it. He's been more than horrible.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 01:59 PM
  #6
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,649
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yes indeed. Its funny because he's the one that says ''we stopped skating''..''we stopped putting pressure''...it seems he doesn't realize it sometimes..

I also hope that the PP will be completely changed and that Streit will be out from it. He's been more than horrible.
Streit would be out of the line up if he wasn't playing on the PP. Because he doesn't contribute much else.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:03 PM
  #7
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
I put all my Vcash on the Bruins, became a sponsor and carbo with his tie tonight, it's a trifecta of luck I tell ya.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:05 PM
  #8
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 2009
i think with streit at the point the bruins have gotten more breakaway's and odd man rushes than mtl has generated chances overall on the pp.

streit is freakin slow for his size or maybe axelsson and sturm are superfast.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:06 PM
  #9
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Streit would be out of the line up if he wasn't playing on the PP. Because he doesn't contribute much else.
he's not contributing on the PP either..as a matter of fact, nobody is.

But Streit is losing the puck very often, taking bad decisions and insists on shooting when he knows the Bruins player is right in his shooting lane..
Id put 4Fowards on our PP

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:08 PM
  #10
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,649
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
he's not contributing on the PP either..as a matter of fact, nobody is.

But Streit is losing the puck very often, taking bad decisions and insists on shooting when he knows the Bruins player is right in his shooting lane..
Id put 4Fowards on our PP
I agree with you. It's why I don't think he should be playing tonight. Alas..

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:28 PM
  #11
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
This is what I wxactly wanted, I beleive in the TIE!
As ridiculous as it sounds, I think it may help the Habs win, it wil remove some nervousness (Does that word exist?) from the guys.

Delat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 02:47 PM
  #12
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He said he'll be wearing the stylish tie again.

Go Tie Go!!! work your magic baby!
he should use it to strangle Dandenault

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 03:11 PM
  #13
Gilles Tremblay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
This is what I wxactly wanted, I beleive in the TIE!
As ridiculous as it sounds, I think it may help the Habs win, it wil remove some nervousness (Does that word exist?) from the guys.
I disagree and I think the last thing the players need tonight is magical thinking. Arguably, no player will be thinking of the tie once they start their shift on the ice, but I do think that wearing the tie sends the wrond message to the team and is a distraction from the actual coaching he is supposed to do. He's not a cheerleader, he's not a mascot, he's not a color commentator, he's a coach. If my boss came to me and said: "I expect you to work great today because I'm wearing my lucky tie! Alright, have a good day!" I'm not sure I'd be super-boosted.

Like many people above, I think Carbo is sitting the wrong guys tonight. Habs still can win tonight, but it will be in spite of the coaching staff's decisions. I'm actually expecting Montreal to lose tonight, but we'll see soon enough.

Gilles Tremblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 04:50 PM
  #14
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles Tremblay View Post
I disagree and I think the last thing the players need tonight is magical thinking. Arguably, no player will be thinking of the tie once they start their shift on the ice, but I do think that wearing the tie sends the wrond message to the team and is a distraction from the actual coaching he is supposed to do. He's not a cheerleader, he's not a mascot, he's not a color commentator, he's a coach. If my boss came to me and said: "I expect you to work great today because I'm wearing my lucky tie! Alright, have a good day!" I'm not sure I'd be super-boosted.

Like many people above, I think Carbo is sitting the wrong guys tonight. Habs still can win tonight, but it will be in spite of the coaching staff's decisions. I'm actually expecting Montreal to lose tonight, but we'll see soon enough.
I didn't way the players have to rely on the TIE, c'mon! I say it could remove some stress from them because it's funny.

Delat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.