HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THN prospects rankings

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Perez

vCash: 500
THN prospects rankings

I saw this on the prospects board...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/head...t=954945254361

15. Andrei Kastsitsyn
20. Mike Komisarek
28. Chris Higgins
39. Alex Perezhogin

Weird list Kesler is infront of Komi, Kronwall at 22, Vaclav Nedorost is 40??? no Hainsey...

Old
02-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 243
Seabrook is 45 ... Slater 46 .... not very reflecting of reality imo .

Also i think Timo Shiskanov and Josef Balej deserve a spot on that list .

Old
02-09-2004, 03:55 PM
leafaholix*

- Kesler deserves to be infront of Komisarek. He's younger and has shown that he's going to become a key player for Vancouver down the road. Komisarek is 22 and has done nothing at the NHL level.

- Kronwall is one of the best defensemen to come from the Swedish Elite League in the last few years. He definately deserves a spot in the top 25, I would have had him in the top 10 based on his debut with Detroit, prior to breaking his leg.

- Vaclav Nedorost... I have no idea how he's on the list.

- Hainsey, well... potential is there, but he's accomplished nothing, he's also creeping up on 23 years of age.

Old
02-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Firthbird
#Drivefor25

That ranking really means nothing. Look at Ryder and Hunter, do that same ranking this time last year and both of them wouldn't even be considered for the top 100. All you have to do is have confidence in yourself, and show up to training camp and play your heart out, and anything is possible. Just look at Ryder in Montreal!

Old
02-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Perez

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
- Kesler deserves to be infront of Komisarek. He's younger and has shown that he's going to become a key player for Vancouver down the road. Komisarek is 22 and has done nothing at the NHL level.

- Kronwall is one of the best defensemen to come from the Swedish Elite League in the last few years. He definately deserves a spot in the top 25, I would have had him in the top 10 based on his debut with Detroit, prior to breaking his leg.

- Vaclav Nedorost... I have no idea how he's on the list.

- Hainsey, well... potential is there, but he's accomplished nothing, he's also creeping up on 23 years of age.
Well I'm kinda surprised that you talk about Komi and Hainsey age when Kronwall is about the same age as them.

And all that about Kesler being a key player for the nucks kinda surprises me when on there hf page Umberger is listed higher then him. But I admit I have'nt seen him play and it could be very possible that he's underrated. Also your comment about Komi not haven done nothing at the age of 22 in the nhl doesnt meen much. Same thing for Kronwall being one of the best defensemen to come from Sweden... I think the last valuable dmen to come from Sweden is Ohlund and he was drafted in 94' 6 years after Kronwall, not much competition if uyou ask me. Not that I'm taking anything away from him.
But I kinda see what you meen about how these players could have an impact on there teams..

Old
02-09-2004, 04:27 PM
leafaholix*

Kronwall was a stud in the Swedish league.

He just came over to NA and has more points in the NHL then both Komisarek and Hainsey combind (2).

Old
02-09-2004, 04:40 PM
PrairieHabber

Quote:

He just came over to NA and has more points in the NHL then both Komisarek and Hainsey combind (2).
The last time I checked Komisarek wasn't projected to be an offensive d-man. Hainsey is and you aren't likely to find a Habs fan who isn't a little disappointed with his lack of improvement.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:15 PM
goalchenyuk

Ryan Getzlaf 10 th and Kastsitsin 15 th???

big joke !

Old
02-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 243
Quote:

Points mean nothing for d-mens imo , Komisarek was shown some promise when Claude Julien played him few games in a row . He need NHL ice time in order to become the player he's expected to be . Hainsey was good for us this year too but the stellar play of Francis Bouillon and the return of Sheldon Souray put him out of the line-up .

Quote:
The last time I checked Komisarek wasn't projected to be an offensive d-man. Hainsey is and you aren't likely to find a Habs fan who isn't a little disappointed with his lack of improvement.
Hainsey belong to the Habs , he was upset to be sent down and i agree with him . There some big haters of Ron around and i think it's only because of his 'hollywood hainsey'' reputation .

Old
02-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
How has Kesler shown that he's going to be any more of a key player at the NHL level than Komisarek? Guess you've never noticed that big talented d-men tend to take a bit longer to succeed at the NHL level than the common forward.

Kesler looks like he will be a solid forward, but you offer both those prospects up around the league and i would be willing to wager that the vast majority of NHL GM's would take Komisarek.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Ryan Getzlaf 10 th and Kastsitsin 15 th???

big joke !

Agreed ! Getzlaf's skating is a concern and no way is he the 10th best prospect in the world !

Old
02-09-2004, 05:54 PM
leafaholix*

Mike Komisarek = Aki Berg.

And that's a compliment.

Berg's been better then Kaberle this year.

Old
02-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Hainsey belong to the Habs , he was upset to be sent down and i agree with him . There some big haters of Ron around and i think it's only because of his 'hollywood hainsey'' reputation .
I have seen very few people who are "haters" of Ron, but even if there are, so what. Do you like everyone you meet or hear about? The fact remains, his play on the ice has not matched up with his ego. That is the main reason people call him on it. Nobody is going around saying he is a loser or a jack ass, but are concerned and like management probably little PO'ed that he thinks he is bigger than the team and is his rightful destination has hockey superstar. People are disappointed in him because he shows little character, work ethic or dedication. If this constitutes one as a "hater" than I guess I am one of them.

Old
02-09-2004, 06:30 PM
turnbuckle*

Quote:

And that's a compliment.

Nothing like changing the subject. Kesler had one good training camp; as Patty Roy said, there's not likely a GM in the league that would swap Komo for Kesler...or Kronwall for that matter. He's a shrimp compared to Komo; totally different players.

I'm watching the AHL All Star game. That Hedin guy sure sucks.

Hedin = Traverse and that's a compliment

Last edited by turnbuckle*: 02-09-2004 at 06:33 PM.
Old
02-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
THN lost all my respect !!
what an awful list !!

Old
02-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Quagmier

Quote:

And that's a compliment.

in no way shape or form is that a compliment to Komisarek
rather it is an insult to Kaberle

Closed Thread