HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Smyth Trade Proposals - All proposals go here

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Cerebral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye
I still think an Ottawa/Edmonton deal could be worked out. Ottawa has an abundance of centers and defenceman and Edmonton has lots of Left wingers. I think Ottawa is a Ryan Smyth away from winning a Cup (if not this year..Maybe next year). Ottawa could get Edmonton 2 of their 3 needs.
2)Vermette is a young center who could be a 1st or 2nd liner. Has great speed and excellent offensive skills. Plays the penalty kill so is also good defensively.
3)Rachunek could be the odd man out when Volchenkov returns in March (Ottawa will have 9 healthy defencemen--Hopefully). Rachunek is a Top 4 Right handed shot defencemen with good size and potential PP qualities. Usually plays with Redden so can log a lot of icetime.
This is just my opinion....If you don't like it, let me have it.

Vermette (C)
Rachunek (D)
for
Ryan Smyth (LW)
Vermette would be nice.. it would probably take a package centered around players like Vermette/Emery/Volchenkov to get the ball rolling though. Unfortunately, I don't see Emery going anywhere as most Sens fans have him penciled in as their future #1 guy..

Old
02-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye
I still think an Ottawa/Edmonton deal could be worked out. Ottawa has an abundance of centers and defenceman and Edmonton has lots of Left wingers. I think Ottawa is a Ryan Smyth away from winning a Cup (if not this year..Maybe next year). Ottawa could get Edmonton 2 of their 3 needs.
2)Vermette is a young center who could be a 1st or 2nd liner. Has great speed and excellent offensive skills. Plays the penalty kill so is also good defensively.
3)Rachunek could be the odd man out when Volchenkov returns in March (Ottawa will have 9 healthy defencemen--Hopefully). Rachunek is a Top 4 Right handed shot defencemen with good size and potential PP qualities. Usually plays with Redden so can log a lot of icetime.
This is just my opinion....If you don't like it, let me have it.

Vermette (C)
Rachunek (D)
for
Ryan Smyth (LW)
Good thoughts. Thanks for putting some thought into a pretty good trade idea. Unforunately I'd agree with Kyle, as good as Vermette looks, he is still a prospect and Rachunek is a solid 3/4 dman, but not quite a PP man. Needs wise, I'd like to see a goalie instead and Ottawa seems to have a plethora of goalies...

Vermette (C)
Emery (G)
for
Ryan Smyth (LW)

I know that Emery is very highly thought of in Ottawa. If not Emery, then perhaps Prusek and 1st rounder instead?

Old
02-18-2004, 11:22 AM
guilz

MTL - EDM proposal

what do you guys think about this

Mtl
Ryan SMyth
Jason SImth

CAlgary
Yannick Perreault
4th rounder MTL

Edmonton
Marcel HOssa
Dennis Gauthier
Jan Bulis

What do you guys think?

Old
02-18-2004, 11:30 AM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilz
what do you guys think about this

Mtl
Ryan SMyth
Jason SImth

CAlgary
Yannick Perreault
4th rounder MTL

Edmonton
Marcel HOssa
Dennis Gauthier
Jan Bulis

What do you guys think?
I think that Montreal gets Ryan Smyth and Jason Smith for Marcel Hossa, Jan Bulis, Yannick Perrault and a 4th rounder, which is bull****, because Edmonton wouldnt give up just Ryan Smyth for that package.

Old
02-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Oiltalk

The 4 guys and and the 4th rounder wouldn't even get you both Smith and Smyth. Ridiculous proposal.

Old
02-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Oiltalk

The 4 guys and and the 4th rounder wouldn't even get you both Smith and Smyth.

Old
02-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Close this one before it gets ugly please.

Old
02-18-2004, 04:14 PM
slimer

How about this:

Stl gets:

R Smyth
Oates

Edm gets:
Salvador
Boguniecki
Brent Johnson (If they want him)
2nd
3rd

Old
02-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimer
How about this:

Stl gets:

R Smyth
Oates

Edm gets:
Salvador
Boguniecki
Brent Johnson (If they want him)
2nd
3rd
Terrible deal. Both value wise and needs wise. Did you put any thought to your proposal? Do you have any clue as to what EDM is looking for? Johnson has zero value, considering he went through waivers and no one wanted him. Salavador wouldn't crack the top 4 in EDM. And we don't want any more WINGERS (Boguniecki). We need a top centreman. A young prospect goalie, not one who everyone has passed over.

Old
02-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Good thoughts. Thanks for putting some thought into a pretty good trade idea. Unforunately I'd agree with Kyle, as good as Vermette looks, he is still a prospect and Rachunek is a solid 3/4 dman, but not quite a PP man. Needs wise, I'd like to see a goalie instead and Ottawa seems to have a plethora of goalies...

Vermette (C)
Emery (G)
for
Ryan Smyth (LW)
That's actually not a bad offer and something I would definitely consider.. I don't know if Ottawa would give up that much youth for Smyth though. Likewise, they just acquired Bondra and don't really have any need for another winger (though I personally think the Sens need a guy like Smyth way before a guy like Bondra).

Old
02-18-2004, 05:48 PM
slimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Terrible deal. Both value wise and needs wise. Did you put any thought to your proposal? Do you have any clue as to what EDM is looking for? Johnson has zero value, considering he went through waivers and no one wanted him. Salavador wouldn't crack the top 4 in EDM. And we don't want any more WINGERS (Boguniecki). We need a top centreman. A young prospect goalie, not one who everyone has passed over.
A simple "I don't think so" would have sufficed. You must get a real kick out of being an A$$. I thought EDM was interested in defensive help primarily and maybe someone to patch the hole in the net. No, I don't think Johnson has much trade value. He was more of a throw in if EDM was interested (notice the statement in parethesis). Salvador would definately be in EDM top 4 at the blueline. Also, Bogi plays both center and wing. He had >20 goals in his one season and has unfortunately been injured for most of this year. I'm not saying he is a top centerman, but he would be a good 3rd line center or 2nd, 3rd line wing.

Closed Thread