HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How I shook hands and sang with George Gillett

Old
04-22-2008, 09:21 AM
L'abstrait

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
How I shook hands and sang with George Gillett

When the tickets for the first rond were on sale, I couldn't make it to the wristband giveaway. One of my friends finally manage to get tickets for game number 7 on the web (he stood in front of his computer for about 2 hours before being able to get on the website by refreshing his browser).

After the first two games, we were pretty sure that we'd never get the chance to go see that game.

Well, as time tells, things change quickly sometimes.

Finally, yesterday, the stress level was raising quickly up until we took the 3-0 lead. The crowd was on fire as usual, and from there on, it was an everlasting chant of Olés and go Habs go! Carey! Carey! etc... (even tho some people started to chant Nahnahnahnah! Good bye! a bit too early IMO. Oh well! turned out fine.)

After the game, like pretty much everyone else, we then proceded to flood the surroundings of the Bell Centre, chanting and waving those white Habs towels around. Me and my friends walked to the Hurleys pub to have a victory pint and to feel the excitement in the air.

Then, around 10h30, we decided the head back towards the Bell centre (I live at about a 5 minutes walk from there) and as we were walking on René-Lévesque, I noticed a TVA crew interviewing a small and white haired man on the corner of Montagne (right under the new Crystal building. He was all alone with the reporter and his smile was up to his ears: it was George!

I then rushed behind him and started to chant!
Then, a bunch of about 10 habs fan jumped into the bandwagon and proceeded to chant Olé! Olé! Olé! .

Mr Gillett was a bit surprised at first, but then he started to chant with us and wave his arms in the air while the camera was filming everything. After that, he gladly took a few minutes to shake hands and get some congratulations from the fans around him. He looked ecstatic!

Anyways, I just wanted to share this little story with you guys. I'm still very hyped! I've barely slept last night because I woke up early to go get my wristband at the billeterie du centre Bell!

See you at the line-up this afternoon! I hope they draft my number early on so that I can return to normal life for a day or two!

Last edited by L'abstrait: 04-22-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: mistke in title
L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 09:28 AM
puckeater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'abstrait View Post
When the tickets for the first rond were on sale, I couldn't make it to the wristband giveaway. One of my friends finally manage to get tickets for game number 7 on the web (he stood in front of his computer for about 2 hours before being able to get on the website by refreshing his browser).

After the first two games, we were pretty sure that we'd never get the chance to go see that game.

Well, as time tells, things change quickly sometimes.

Finally, yesterday, the stress level was raising quickly up until we took the 3-0 lead. The crowd was on fire as usual, and from there on, it was an everlasting chant of Olés and go Habs go! Carey! Carey! etc... (even tho some people started to chant Nahnahnahnah! Good bye! a bit too early IMO. Oh well! turned out fine.)

After the game, like pretty much everyone else, we then proceded to flood the surroundings of the Bell Centre, chanting and waving those white Habs towels around. Me and my friends walked to the Hurleys pub to have a victory pint and to feel the excitement in the air.

Then, around 10h30, we decided the head back towards the Bell centre (I live at about a 5 minutes walk from there) and as we were walking on René-Lévesque, I noticed a TVA crew interviewing a small and white haired man on the corner of Montagne (right under the new Crystal building. He was all alone with the reporter and his smile was up to his ears: it was George!

I then rushed behind him and started to chant!
Then, a bunch of about 10 habs fan jumped into the bandwagon and proceeded to chant Olé! Olé! Olé! .

Mr Gillett was a bit surprised at first, but then he started to chant with us and wave his arms in the air while the camera was filming everything. After that, he gladly took a few minutes to shake hands and get some congratulations from the fans around him. He looked ecstatic!

Anyways, I just wanted to share this little story with you guys. I'm still very hyped! I've barely slept last night because I woke up early to go get my wristband at the billeterie du centre Bell!

See you at the line-up this afternoon! I hope they draft my number early on so that I can return to normal life for a day or two!

Rich people are always ecstatic when they are making a lot of money. Seriously, cool story. George is da man.

puckeater is offline   Reply With Quote