HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

tyutin recalled!!!

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2004, 05:18 PM
sickboy35

vCash: 500
tyutin recalled!!!

don't want to post the link, but said he was recalled from hartford! with him devries back maybe our defense won't be so crappy? oh wait poti still here!!

Old
02-09-2004, 05:27 PM
nyr34

Send a message via AIM to nyr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
don't want to post the link, but said he was recalled from hartford! with him devries back maybe our defense won't be so crappy? oh wait poti still here!!

Yeah, I saw it too. Hopefully Poti sits out the rest of the year with back problems. That would be nice, but it'll never happen.

Old
02-09-2004, 05:56 PM
ebn

Quote:
Guys where did you here this because I can't find this good news anywhere?

Old
02-09-2004, 05:57 PM
ragfan

Knowing Sather, he is probably showing Tyutin off to potential trade partners. :mad:

Old
02-09-2004, 06:19 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn
nothing on the rangers website. just going to different boards and yahoo is reporting it! like i said don't want to post the link.

Old
02-09-2004, 06:27 PM
TrueBlue4life

Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn
i just read it on www.msgnetwork. com

Old
02-09-2004, 06:30 PM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn
I saw it in the tsn.ca transactions section.
}:-)>

Old
02-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragfan
Knowing Sather, he is probably showing Tyutin off to potential trade partners. :mad:
because sather is known for trading so many prospects

Old
02-09-2004, 06:46 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
because sather is known for trading so many prospects
Huh? Surely you jest. He ***** the Rangers system for all it is worth. methodically got rid of virtually every single Smith pick except for Lundmark, who is just burning a hole in his pocket.

Old
02-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Huh? Surely you jest. He ***** the Rangers system for all it is worth. methodically got rid of virtually every single Smith pick except for Lundmark, who is just burning a hole in his pocket.
please prove your point by showing prospects that sather has traded that have done well in other places? come on now show examples!

Old
02-09-2004, 06:56 PM
ebn

Quote:
please prove your point by showing prospects that sather has traded that have done well in other places? come on now show examples!
Tutin , However you sell it will not get traded. Not for Burke. Tutin is sather's pick.

Old
02-09-2004, 07:04 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Must we really go through this again?

York, Johnsson, Zidlicky, Kloucek, Malhotra, Novak, Fata, 1st rounder, two 3rd rounders, etc. Not all are necessarily 'prospects', but all are nevertheless young assets that could've at least been traded for other youngsters instead of the usual underachieving fatcats. Also, the point of prospects is that they have future potential, so you cant use the "what have they done lately" excuse because we havent found out what they could do yet. Maybe in 5 years, that 3rd rounder that he traded which you thought was just a useless throw-in could turn out to be a Zetterberg or a York or a whomever.

Ok, I've shown you examples. It would be nice if you actually listened to yourself and gave some backing of your own instead of giving the usual sarcastic comment and the .

Old
02-09-2004, 07:06 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Here we go again. The favorite Sather apologist line of who did good elsewhere. You cannot judge with hindsight 20/20. You have to look at what happened at what was thought at the time of the trades. Makes no difference now. You have to look at it as it looked at the time. As such
1. Brendl
2. Malhotra
3. Heisten
4. Kin Jonson
5. Kloucek
6. Zidlicky
7. Holmquist
8. Fata
9. Sammy
10. Numerous 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round picks.

BTW, to use your own logic, please provide examples of youth for vets trades that JAckass has done that HAVE worked out. Surely you can rattle off a bunch. Come on, show examples of how Sather helped this team through trades. List the trades that have helped the Rangers. About the lone one is Barnaby. The prospects that he has traded could have been used to obtain other assets. But as Sather is about the worst judge of talent in the NHL, we're stuck w/ the fatcats that you see on ice.

Old
02-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Here we go again. The favorite Sather apologist line of who did good elsewhere. You cannot judge with hindsight 20/20. You have to look at what happened at what was thought at the time of the trades. Makes no difference now. You have to look at it as it looked at the time. As such
1. Brendl-wow a really good one there he is lighting things up in carolina
2. Malhotra-let go by the stars for nothing a really good prospect ruined by neil smith
3. Heisten-a great prospect along thei lines of nash and heatley. big mistake by sather 4. Kin Jonson-i don't know who kin jonson is? oh wait the guy we traded lindros for. a future lidstrom5. Kloucek-hmm if he didnt get hurt he still would be here. oh well nashville thinks a lot of him. wait a second they traded him for a bag of pucks6. Zidlicky-26 year old hardly a prospect. dunham was darm good last year and giving up zidlicky saved blackburn from being ruined7. Holmquist-ha ha ha this is great you had the nerve to put him on the list.
8. Fata-got kovalev for him a deal anyone would do. i bet we get a better return on kovalev than fata 9. Sammy-not a prospect. is doing well in florida
10. Numerous 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round picks.

BTW, to use your own logic, please provide examples of youth for vets trades that JAckass has done that HAVE worked out. Surely you can rattle off a bunch. Come on, show examples of how Sather helped this team through trades. List the trades that have helped the Rangers. About the lone one is Barnaby. The prospects that he has traded could have been used to obtain other assets. But as Sather is about the worst judge of talent in the NHL, we're stuck w/ the fatcats that you see on ice.
lindros a deal sather had to make
bure a deal sather had to make
look have sathers deals worked out? not yet but the season is far from over though most around here are rooting againts the team. this list of future hall of famers you have here really put me in my place

Old
02-09-2004, 08:28 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
look have sathers deals worked out? not yet but the season is far from over though most around here are rooting againts the team. this list of future hall of famers you have here really put me in my place

nobody wanted to trade for lindros!! no one!! he didn't get it together until this year! finally played like the lindros of old and look what happened. i don't recall one poster on this board who liked that deal!!

Old
02-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Explain to me why Sather HAD to make all of these trades. Were his children being held hostage? Did other GMs have incriminating photos of him and L'il Jimmy?

Because it certainly CANNOT be that these trades would improve the team too much to pass up. If that were the case, we'd see some kind of improvement from the team after all of these "steals" Sather keeps making. But until we see some improvement, it is just pissing away young assets, plain and simple.

Old
02-09-2004, 09:00 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Sather had to make the Lindros and Bure deals? Please elaborate. Did Dolan have a phone connecting Sather to Clarke/Dudley on one side of his head and a gun to the other? Sather didnt have to do anything, as was evidenced by the total bashing he took by the Ranger fanbase when Lindros was acquired.

You know, I actually thought you turned the corner and started being realistic about this team. I thought you finally entered into the world of sane and rational thought, but its obvious you're still thinking with your heart and not with your head. Give me a solid reason why I should believe this team is even remotely capable of all of a sudden "getting it" and becoming anything more than a mediocre team at best and sneaking into the playoffs, let alone make a run for the Cup (which is what a team with such payroll should be doing). And please, spare me the "we've still got plenty of time" and injuries excuses because I've heard that every year for the last seven years and every team has injuries.

You know why many of us are rooting against the team? Out of loyalty for it. Because we know from experience that any small winning streak this team goes on to give us at least an ounce of hope is just a mirage, its just setting us up for another dissapointment. And everytime we fell for it in the past, it felt so much worse. Do you remember how you felt last season when they lost to an ECHL Pittsburgh team last March, killing all hope for a playoff berth? Do you wanna have that feeling again, only this time even worse? Now I admit Im a masochist, and being a Ranger fan that comes natural, but I sure as hell dont wanna have that feeling again. As of now, the only hope us sane Ranger fans have is that Sather gets fired as soon as possible. Thats all we can hope for, and the only way that becomes possible is if they miss the playoffs.

Old
02-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Pooh

Sather has not traded a highly valued prospect so far in his time with the rangers, the closest he has come to that was Novak. I have no idea where Novak's career is now.

It would seem against his history to trade Tyutin now.

Old
02-09-2004, 09:27 PM
King Nothing*

I BET YOU he is going to be part of a goaltender trade. You watch. You think that man recalled him because he wants him to play for the Rangers? hahahahaha. Nonsense! He is recalled him to play for another team.

Quote:

Old
02-09-2004, 09:29 PM
King Nothing*

HAHAHAHAHAH! THE SEASON IS FAR FROM OVER??????!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!! FAR FROM OVER? THERE ARE LESS THAN 30 GAMES LEFT!! IT IS 3/4 OVER! When will you wake up? Game 81?

Old
02-09-2004, 09:38 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh
Sather has not traded a highly valued prospect so far in his time with the rangers, the closest he has come to that was Novak. I have no idea where Novak's career is now.

It would seem against his history to trade Tyutin now.
I would say Brendl was definately a highly valued prospect at the time of the Lindros trade. A 1st round pick was just as good as one, especially in the position they would have drafted if they kept it. Numerous 3rd rounders and mid-round picks could've easily yielded a dark horse. And although guys like York and Johnsson were no longer considered prospects, they had a future with this team and were traded for short-term solutions. Plus, Sather has not done a single thing to replace the youth he traded. When has he ever countered a youth-for-vet trade by trading one of his vets for youth? Never, and theres little hope that he'll do that this year. He basically depleted what was a shallow farm system in the first place and hasnt even gotten the short-term rewards intended by the trades.

Old
02-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

To get back to the topic...

Why is Tyutin being recalled? He's been out with an injury for over month, hasn't even been in a game for that long, probably hasn't had more than a couple of full practices with the Wolfpack and he's going to make his NHL debut, now? Does that really make any sense?

It doesn't to me. You'd think the Powers That Be would want to let him get back up to speed in a couple of games with Hartford before throwing him to the wolves here.

Old
02-09-2004, 09:59 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
I BET YOU he is going to be part of a goaltender trade. You watch. You think that man recalled him because he wants him to play for the Rangers? hahahahaha. Nonsense! He is recalled him to play for another team.
i don't doubt that for a minute! if he trades him, i'am going to be one pissed off man!! i already want someone to off him as is, if that happens maybe i'll do it myself!! just kidding, but you get the jist!

Old
02-09-2004, 10:00 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Why is Tyutin being recalled? He's been out with an injury for over month, hasn't even been in a game for that long, probably hasn't had more than a couple of full practices with the Wolfpack and he's going to make his NHL debut, now? Does that really make any sense?

It doesn't to me. You'd think the Powers That Be would want to let him get back up to speed in a couple of games with Hartford before throwing him to the wolves here.
we are talking about sather here!

Old
02-09-2004, 10:01 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Maybe, this is a sign that Sather and company...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger

have no illusions about this season. Sather told Bridget Wentworth on Saturday that he expected to recall both Tjutin and Moore this week. If not injured himself at the time, Tjutin would have been called up when the Rangers suffered their rash of injuries on defense.

Closed Thread