HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dolphin fans...........

Old
04-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Clint

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
As much as I hate Tebow (and I HATE that guy with a passion) I watch almost every UF game I can catch.

The guy is talented and will certainly go #1 next year at the draft. No, he will not stay for his Junior year. Sorry PR96, the whole Tim Tebow is a good little Jesus Warrior image is a complete fabrication perpetuated by his parents. He's not some goody two-shoes square that is using his position as a nationally renowned athlete to spread the love of Jesus (his dad's words, almost verbatim). He's a regular 20 year old guy and he likes to party and get laid. He'll be a great NFL quarterback even though his between-the-tackles Tebow draw won't work at the next level. He's got the arm, the accuracy, the mobility, and the football smarts to be a great NFL quarterback. And this is coming from a professed Tebow hater.

However, I do also think that Percy Harvin is just as essential, if not more so, to the Gator's success than Tebow. Let's just keep that in mind.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Jared Allen was traded today for a 1st(17th overall) and 2 3rd round picks. I think after that we can get at least a 1st for Taylor. Even though Taylor is a bit older then Allen he can still play.

Beezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 07:07 PM
JonQuixote

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
The OL is a huge part of a what makes a QB, not the other way around. Jake Long is an excellent pick. The guy is a monster, 6'7, 313 and is now our future LT.
But doesn't Jake Long project as a better RT? That there's little doubt he'd be an excellent RT, but some concern about how he'd handle LT duties. That's what I've heard. I don't follow NCAA, so I'm just parroting some pundits here.

I dunno. I agree that the OL is huge and that Miami needs help there. But I was kinda hoping for Chris Long, personally. A nice, safe pick with a good pedigree that will always show up and will run the dressing room, even if he might not have HoF potential. I think more than any 'need' pick, more pressing for the Dolphins is the 'need' to not screw it up.

I hope they're making the right call here.

JonQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 07:16 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonQuixote View Post
But doesn't Jake Long project as a better RT? That there's little doubt he'd be an excellent RT, but some concern about how he'd handle LT duties. That's what I've heard. I don't follow NCAA, so I'm just parroting some pundits here.

I dunno. I agree that the OL is huge and that Miami needs help there. But I was kinda hoping for Chris Long, personally. A nice, safe pick with a good pedigree that will always show up and will run the dressing room, even if he might not have HoF potential. I think more than any 'need' pick, more pressing for the Dolphins is the 'need' to not screw it up.

I hope they're making the right call here.
He plays both, LT and RT, however he is better at LT and thats what he will be playing in Miami. They already said that at the PC.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 07:18 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan31 View Post
You mean the same Wilford that the Jags dumped because of all those pro bowl WR's in front of him on their roster.
The Jags have lots of WRs under contract right now (Porter, Dropcutt, Williams, Jones, Williamson, Walker, Broussard). They let Wilford go and picked up Porter, who hopefully can step into that number 1 role. Northcutt wouldn't be cut since he just signed here, Walker won't be cut since he is high upside WR prospect, Jones/Williamson/Broussard are camp fodder with youth on their side. Wilford was let go because the Jags have Reggie Williams playing the same role, except Reggie is younger and more explosive.

He is a good number 2/3 type possesion WR and I honestly wish him success. I wish there was a way he could have stayed, but he just wasn't in the plans anymore.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 07:23 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Jared Allen was traded today for a 1st(17th overall) and 2 3rd round picks. I think after that we can get at least a 1st for Taylor. Even though Taylor is a bit older then Allen he can still play.
Allen is better and much younger.

Old
04-23-2008, 07:24 PM
sensfan31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
The Jags have lots of WRs under contract right now (Porter, Dropcutt, Williams, Jones, Williamson, Walker, Broussard). They let Wilford go and picked up Porter, who hopefully can step into that number 1 role. Northcutt wouldn't be cut since he just signed here, Walker won't be cut since he is high upside WR prospect, Jones/Williamson/Broussard are camp fodder with youth on their side. Wilford was let go because the Jags have Reggie Williams playing the same role, except Reggie is younger and more explosive.

He is a good number 2/3 type possesion WR and I honestly wish him success. I wish there was a way he could have stayed, but he just wasn't in the plans anymore.

I'd rather have Welker back as our #1 guy

sensfan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 07:34 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
[/B]

I'd rather have Welker back as our #1 guy
You guys should have matched the offer instead of agreeing to the trade. This is why Parcells was brought in. Wilford isn't a bad WR though, and he will improve your team.

Old
04-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Allen is better and much younger.
Which is why I think only one pick for Taylor is doable. Allen was traded for 3 picks!

Old
04-23-2008, 07:44 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Which is why I think only one pick for Taylor is doable. Allen was traded for 3 picks!
I highly doubt any team would give up a 1st or even a 2nd for Taylor. Allen was the best DE in football last season and is only 26/27. Significant value difference.

Old
04-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
I disagree,

He's a White version if Mike Vick with work ethic and no gangsta enerage.

I think he's going to be a great one

I think he had like 30 some rushing td and 30 some passing TD's last year. That's a first ever i think for a college QB
It was 20 passing + 20 rushing touchdowns (he finished with 32 passing and 23 rushing). It was the first ever that a QB did that but....

Based on what I've seen so far, he's not anything like Michael Vick. And I went to college with David Garrard so I know what type of QB Tebow wants to be, he wont be a great one. My GF is a former Gator so I often watch the UF football games and followed Tebow these last 2 yrs. He's not as good, talent-wise, of a passer or runner as Garrard was in college. I will bet that some team will draft him but will want him to switch positions or attempt to change how he plays as a QB which wont make him as effective. The school he plays for also doesnt help his case of becoming a good pro QB either. How many former Gator QBs have been amazing in college but have looked like crap in the NFL? Danny Wuerffel, Rex Grossman, Chris Leak, Shane Mathews, Jesse Palmer, and heck even Steve Spurrier...all had great college careers, some winning the Heisman, and did little to nothing in the pros. History tends to repeat itself and it will again with Tebow, guaranteed!

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 11:10 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
You guys should have matched the offer instead of agreeing to the trade. This is why Parcells was brought in. Wilford isn't a bad WR though, and he will improve your team.
The Welker debacle shows exactly how stupid the past regime was. If the Fins qualified Welker for $500k more than what they did, they would of gotten a first rounder from New England, rather than a 2nd/7th.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 11:55 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
As much as I hate Tebow (and I HATE that guy with a passion) I watch almost every UF game I can catch.

The guy is talented and will certainly go #1 next year at the draft. No, he will not stay for his Junior year. Sorry PR96, the whole Tim Tebow is a good little Jesus Warrior image is a complete fabrication perpetuated by his parents. He's not some goody two-shoes square that is using his position as a nationally renowned athlete to spread the love of Jesus (his dad's words, almost verbatim). He's a regular 20 year old guy and he likes to party and get laid. He'll be a great NFL quarterback even though his between-the-tackles Tebow draw won't work at the next level. He's got the arm, the accuracy, the mobility, and the football smarts to be a great NFL quarterback. And this is coming from a professed Tebow hater.

However, I do also think that Percy Harvin is just as essential, if not more so, to the Gator's success than Tebow. Let's just keep that in mind.
Oh believe me, being a sophomore, same year as Tebow and knowing several people from his HS, and also friends at UF, you hear lots about his personal life. He's a good guy though, you hear interviews where he spews the same stuff his parents do. I wouldn't be surprised that after all of the years he's grown up, he believes it too. He isn't too crazy at the clubs though when you're downtown. I'm not sure, I really believe he'll be here senior year.

Yes Percy is as essential, if not more than Tebow, I give you that. Our team is going to be dirty this year. Moody looked awesome in the spring game, and keep an eye out for Chris Rainey, who is absolutely disgusting on the field. We're going to have an incredible offense this year, and even when Tebow leaves, John Brantley is going to be a good one too.

Sucks about Preston Parker btw, he's the one guy we slightly had to worry about over there.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 11:58 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
It was 20 passing + 20 rushing touchdowns (he finished with 32 passing and 23 rushing). It was the first ever that a QB did that but....

Based on what I've seen so far, he's not anything like Michael Vick. And I went to college with David Garrard so I know what type of QB Tebow wants to be, he wont be a great one. My GF is a former Gator so I often watch the UF football games and followed Tebow these last 2 yrs. He's not as good, talent-wise, of a passer or runner as Garrard was in college. I will bet that some team will draft him but will want him to switch positions or attempt to change how he plays as a QB which wont make him as effective. The school he plays for also doesnt help his case of becoming a good pro QB either. How many former Gator QBs have been amazing in college but have looked like crap in the NFL? Danny Wuerffel, Rex Grossman, Chris Leak, Shane Mathews, Jesse Palmer, and heck even Steve Spurrier...all had great college careers, some winning the Heisman, and did little to nothing in the pros. History tends to repeat itself and it will again with Tebow, guaranteed!
I won't argue this but I'll say wait and see. I'm not sold on Tebow's accuracy when under constant pressure. I was worried about it all year but he was protected well, and then against Michigan in the bowl game, what I was expecting to see all year presented itself. Tebow's physically gifted and if he can develop some great accuracy, he does have some legit pro potential. There are some deep bombs he'd drop right into the hands of our guys at the back of the endzone from 40-50 yards back, but there also were several other TD passes where he would throw to a wide open receiver, which isn't that difficult to do.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Oh believe me, being a sophomore, same year as Tebow and knowing several people from his HS, and also friends at UF, you hear lots about his personal life. He's a good guy though, you hear interviews where he spews the same stuff his parents do. I wouldn't be surprised that after all of the years he's grown up, he believes it too. He isn't too crazy at the clubs though when you're downtown. I'm not sure, I really believe he'll be here senior year.
If you run into him on campus, ask him if the "Do you know who I am?" approach worked while trying to get into that 21+ club in Jax Beach. He'll probably turn beet red and walk in the other direction.

The bouncer didn't care about his Heisman, he cared about his age, and Tebow and his whole crew had to dejectedly walk down the way to an 18+ club.

He spews that crap in the interviews because it's the image his parents crafted and it helps his draft ranking. He's going to be worth millions more in guaranteed $$$ if scouts and teams see that he's that Jesus if his homeboy and he's got a good head on his shoulders.

Quote:
Sucks about Preston Parker btw, he's the one guy we slightly had to worry about over there.
We're not talking about this. Our one freaking bright spot for the year is gone. What a ****tard. I swear to God, where does Bobby recruit these faux-wannabe-ganksters?

PS
How are finals going down there in Gainsehell?

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Oh and its just Tebow...not Teebow.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post

I agree with an FSU fan here?

I think Tebow will be a good NFL QB. Everyone talks about his running, but honestly, the guy is as good a passer as there is in college IMO. He's really solid in that regard and will only get better. I do think he will stay for his senior year though, so I guess we disagree there.

I also agree that Percy Harvin is very valuable to the Gators and IMO is one of the most underrated players in college. He's better right now then Ginn ever was and they play a very similar speed game.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Haj

vCash: 50
I'm not convinced that Tebow will be a starting NFL quarterback. In college, he is the best athlete on the field. In the NFL nearly everyone will be just as athletic. Tebow doesn't:
  • Move through his progression quickly (because he can always pull the ball down and run it).
  • Throw short to medium passes accurately
  • Doesn't take snaps from under center/Not familiar with NFL offenses

He could be good if he works somethings, but I wouldn't qualify him as a can't miss QB prospect.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Thank you!

I agree with an FSU fan here?

I think Tebow will be a good NFL QB. Everyone talks about his running, but honestly, the guy is as good a passer as there is in college IMO. He's really solid in that regard and will only get better. I do think he will stay for his senior year though, so I guess we disagree there.

I also agree that Percy Harvin is very valuable to the Gators and IMO is one of the most underrated players in college. He's better right now then Ginn ever was and they play a very similar speed game.

I agree with this also. Some people think he is not a good passer because of him running so much. He hasn't thrown as much because Urban Meyer is coaching him to hold and then run more often then not. That is unfortunately the one thing that will hurt him when Pro teams scout him because in the pros you are told you usually have only 3 seconds or so and if nothings there throw the ball away or run. The Gators I think recruited one of the best WR in the nation this year, I just can't remember his name. So with having him & Harvin, I think we will see Tebow throw the ball more this year.

Old
04-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
I agree with this also. Some people think he is not a good passer because of him running so much. He hasn't thrown as much because Urban Meyer is coaching him to hold and then run more often then not. That is unfortunately the one thing that will hurt him when Pro teams scout him because in the pros you are told you usually have only 3 seconds or so and if nothings there throw the ball away or run. The Gators I think recruited one of the best WR in the nation this year, I just can't remember his name. So with having him & Harvin, I think we will see Tebow throw the ball more this year.
They really didn't get a real good WR this year (T.J. Lawrence was ranked #10) and last year they recruited the #8. They'll be fine though because there is so much talent there in general to pull from.

Old
04-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Rattrick

This is a great trade for the Dolphins IMO: http://www.miamiherald.com/breaking_...ry/510324.html

Old
04-26-2008, 07:17 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
This is a great trade for the Dolphins IMO: http://www.miamiherald.com/breaking_...ry/510324.html
It is, I love it. 2 young good players for a 4th round pick. Now we have a TE and dont need to waste a draft pick on one. What a great trade for the Fins, this is what happens when you have people in charge who know what their doing. What a great weekend this is going to be.

Old
04-26-2008, 05:58 PM
clemsonRanger

merling is a stud guys, i watched him plenty of times, and dominated the field every game, in on every tackle, and caused so many picks, awsome player, IMO second best pure DE in the draft

clemsonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 06:06 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonRanger View Post
merling is a stud guys, i watched him plenty of times, and dominated the field every game, in on every tackle, and caused so many picks, awsome player, IMO second best pure DE in the draft
This pick should mean that JT is as good as gone. I just read a rumor that it was discussed on XM radio that JT has been traded to the Bucs for a 2nd, a 4th this year and a 2009 6th rounder. I will only believe this when I see it, but if this is true, HOLY ****, is all I can say.

Old
04-26-2008, 06:08 PM
sensfan31

Round - still on QB - what the -uck

Parcells is loosing my respect. We need a friggin QB.

sensfan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 06:59 PM
clemsonRanger

well were in a hardcore rebuilding mode and JT doesnt want to be here anymore, let him go, you still get to watch him play

i heard the same rumor about JT, i love him but i would like to see him win too, but merling will be a DE and JT is a OLB(rushing) so that pick doesnt really mean that

clemsonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote