HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lahti leaves Habs

Old
04-24-2008, 08:23 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
We should sticky the threads where people had him on the top line as a reminder to not go crazy over unproven commodities, lol.
Don't bother, I'll admit it. I think that maybe I surmised that the guy must have something going for him if he was going to leave home at this point, and the org. must project something for him, or wht bother ? I knew after 1 exhibition game that my optimism was mis-placed but I'm sure I'll be wrong again.

I may have dreamed of a big Finnish winger to play with Koivu, but I hope I didn't post it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
I don't want to trade him...

I'm just thinking about the possibility of trading him for a young asset that would be a better fit with the young core we already have. That's a lot of "if". My comment was based on the possibility that we get Brunnstrom. The truth is that Lats will likely play on a line with Koivu next season if Carbo decides to make three offensive lines. But if not, I don't really see where Lats will fit.
Where did Steve Bernier fit?

We always seem to want to make allowances for emerging defencemen like Komisarek, O'Byrne etc. but never want to be patient with forwards that need to adapt to the pace of the game. It's not as if Latendresse costs us a goal every other shift, he's not a big liability and can provide offense as well as hits like a mac truck.

But getting back to defence, it was much more risky to put a young Komisarek on the ice for 15+ minutes to defend his own zone than to have an unproductive Latendresse at the other end of the ice for 15+ minutes.

Just my take.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostitsyntheBagBaby View Post
Where did Steve Bernier fit?

We always seem to want to make allowances for emerging defencemen like Komisarek, O'Byrne etc. but never want to be patient with forwards that need to adapt to the pace of the game. It's not as if Latendresse costs us a goal every other shift, he's not a big liability and can provide offense as well as hits like a mac truck.

But getting back to defence, it was much more risky to put a young Komisarek on the ice for 15+ minutes to defend his own zone than to have an unproductive Latendresse at the other end of the ice for 15+ minutes.

Just my take.

I think you're having it backwards.

Komisarek and O'Byrne havent had any special treatment, like Latendresse has.

They were both brought much slower into NHL, had to bide time playing 94 and 80 AHL games before sticking with the big team when Latendresse hasnt still played single game there (which would have benefited him). Its easy to be more demanding at Lats because hes really the only exception we have, coming straight from the juniors here.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote