Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wild Offseason Talk

Old
04-22-2008, 07:54 PM
djp4516

vCash: 500
Wild Offseason Talk

Figured it would be a decent place to put some thoughts about what we need to do, maybe UFA rumors or something of that sort.

I'll start...

I think Backstrom needs to work long and hard this offseason improving a few things..

1. Shootout... we can't have the worst goalie in the league at this. He's got to work hard to study moves and become a better goaltender in this area of his game. Those are valuable points we piss away when he's in net and it's tied after regulation.

2. High glove.... his high glove is crap. He can take his game to the next level if he can cut down on the top cheese goals over his glove. IE the Trevor Linden shootout goal in Vancouver after Burns deked Luongo out of his pants. This would help his shootout totals as well..

__________________________________________________ _____

- Why are people saying we won't re-sign Rolston? All signs point to him staying here. Demitra is the question mark IMO. I am sure DR is tired of him taking periods and in some cases, games off at a time. I realize him and Gaborik are great friends, but his inconsistency is a little troubling. Give Rolston a three year deal...

- If we don't keep Demitra, it's going to be very important to sign Bouchard long term. I am a big believer in Butch's role on this team, and that role will only increase if Demitra isn't signed.

djp4516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 05:40 AM
BigT2002

The only thing that I want us to work on is who we are signing/trading/releasing. I'm so tired of every Minnesota team never able to sign high name players, or letting our great players get away. The last thing Minnesota fans need is to lose Gabby, Burns, Koivu, Rolston, Demitra, etc. And then on top of that....lose them for NOTHING in return. I just keep thinking about what we could of gotten for Manny last season and it just really disappointed me with the outcome...same when Roloson was traded. I'm not talking Hossa type trades or players, but there are great caliber players out there that could mess with this system if we could actually spend the money to get them.

-That and I'm tired of always getting "enforcers" and never anyone who can make plays happen or score. I understand defense is a crucial way we play, but we all saw this year (and last) what happens when you can't score goals.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1PWR View Post
The only thing that I want us to work on is who we are signing/trading/releasing. I'm so tired of every Minnesota team never able to sign high name players, or letting our great players get away. The last thing Minnesota fans need is to lose Gabby, Burns, Koivu, Rolston, Demitra, etc. And then on top of that....lose them for NOTHING in return. I just keep thinking about what we could of gotten for Manny last season and it just really disappointed me with the outcome...same when Roloson was traded. I'm not talking Hossa type trades or players, but there are great caliber players out there that could mess with this system if we could actually spend the money to get them.

-That and I'm tired of always getting "enforcers" and never anyone who can make plays happen or score. I understand defense is a crucial way we play, but we all saw this year (and last) what happens when you can't score goals.
But yo also saw what happens when 3 defensemen take on alot more minutes than should be played: crappy defense and constant brainfarts.

I think it was the inability to move the puck on the blueline that killed our offense AND defense.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote