HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

U16 Elite Camp

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2016, 09:03 AM
  #1
Hockeyfrilla
Ann-Margret
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
U16 Elite Camp

Here is the roster: http://www.swehockey.se/globalassets...e-e16-2016.pdf

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2016, 10:13 AM
  #2
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Been awhile now but at least for this age group seems Sweden's best prospects have decent size again. Saw some weird years of the teams having several players under even 178 cm, some very small kids especially forwards. This group though has good size for the most part.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2016, 10:15 AM
  #3
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,077
vCash: 500
From my very limited viewings this group doesn't seem super strong.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2016, 10:55 AM
  #4
PuckPoise
Registered User
 
PuckPoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Probably gonna be one of the worst classes in a while overall. The top guys look great though with Björnfot, Grewe, Gunler but it drops off on really good prospects after that if we're looking towards NHL.

PuckPoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2016, 03:43 PM
  #5
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckPoise View Post
Probably gonna be one of the worst classes in a while overall. The top guys look great though with Björnfot, Grewe, Gunler but it drops off on really good prospects after that if we're looking towards NHL.
The Ibrahimovic effect?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2016, 07:17 AM
  #6
EliteProspects
Registered User
 
EliteProspects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Växjö/Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckPoise View Post
Probably gonna be one of the worst classes in a while overall. The top guys look great though with Björnfot, Grewe, Gunler but it drops off on really good prospects after that if we're looking towards NHL.
I have a feeling we will see quite a few underagers (2002 borns) in the future when this age group is competing. Having no knowledge of the 2002 age group depth, the top -02 players already seem more interesting than those from the 2001 group.

EliteProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2016, 08:17 AM
  #7
GC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteProspects View Post
I have a feeling we will see quite a few underagers (2002 borns) in the future when this age group is competing. Having no knowledge of the 2002 age group depth, the top -02 players already seem more interesting than those from the 2001 group.
The -02-group seems even thinner than the -01-group.

GC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2016, 08:33 AM
  #8
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC View Post
The -02-group seems even thinner than the -01-group.
A couple of 02 kids are putting up crazy numbers though. Lucas Raymond is scoring at a 3 PPG pace in U16 Elit, leading the league in scoring. Alexander Holtz has 10+5 in just 8 games in j18 Elit (!).


Last edited by Huffman: 11-29-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2016, 10:32 AM
  #9
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
A couple of 02 kids are putting up crazy numbers though. Lucas Raymond is scoring at a 3 PPG pace in U16 Elit, leading the league in scoring. Alexander Holtz has 10+5 in just 8 games in j18 Elit (!).
Holtz is the next great Swedish forward if he keeps his development on track. Insane.

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2016, 01:22 AM
  #10
ulvvf
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckPoise View Post
Probably gonna be one of the worst classes in a while overall. The top guys look great though with Björnfot, Grewe, Gunler but it drops off on really good prospects after that if we're looking towards NHL.
Well if Gunler or Grewe become the next P Forsberg, I can live with it not being so deph.

ulvvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2016, 05:34 AM
  #11
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,077
vCash: 500
First U16 roster announced:


Watched bits of the camp scrimmages and Victor Söderström impressed me the most. Philip Broberg, Isac Andersson and Jakob Grönhagen (197 cm!) also stood out.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2016, 07:36 AM
  #12
ulvvf
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Holtz is the next great Swedish forward if he keeps his development on track. Insane.
Gunler stats is even more impressing and Crewe is not far behind, sure some will say he is 01, but they are part of the same draft (not Crewe but Gunler) and it is not many months between. Statswise 01/02 group seems to be one of the strongest age-groups, espically forwards has much better stats than the pretty weak (forwardwise) 99/00 group. I can not say I have watch very much of them and it is still just J18 elit, but I do not really get where this about this being a weak age-group come from.

Hyped players like Dahlin didnt even play in J18 elit when he was at the same age, and Wernblom that is probably the by far best forward of the 99/00 group, wasnt either close to this statsnumbers.

I expect many of these player to get the chance in superelit soon, and that will be intresting.

ulvvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2016, 08:14 AM
  #13
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,077
vCash: 500
I think Grewe is going to become a good player but he relies a lot on power and strength, there are more talented players in his age group who will likely pass him after they've added some muscle.

Gunler is an interesting player because of his goal scoring instincts, he doesn't really stand out much on the ice though.

Isac Andersson and Simon Holmström are perhaps my favorite forwards from the 01 class. Two very smart players. Victor Söderström & Philip Broberg would be my top D-men.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2016, 03:11 PM
  #14
JimboA
Registered User
 
JimboA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Earth
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
Speaking of Holtz, after tonight (1+2) he now has 18 points (11+7) in 9 games in J18 Elit Östra. I'd guess the Stockholm region is pretty good, no?

JimboA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2016, 03:29 PM
  #15
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboA View Post
Speaking of Holtz, after tonight (1+2) he now has 18 points (11+7) in 9 games in J18 Elit Östra. I'd guess the Stockholm region is pretty good, no?
Crazy numbers. He is outscoring both Nylanders by a lot while being a year younger.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 01:27 AM
  #16
GC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboA View Post
Speaking of Holtz, after tonight (1+2) he now has 18 points (11+7) in 9 games in J18 Elit Östra. I'd guess the Stockholm region is pretty good, no?
J18 Elit Östra isn't any better than the other elite-series. It has a quite bad reputation.

GC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 02:09 AM
  #17
Hockeyfrilla
Ann-Margret
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Did William Persson get injured in camp? He was removed from the roster I noticed.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=343380

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 02:17 AM
  #18
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Did William Persson get injured in camp? He was removed from the roster I noticed.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=343380
Don't think he attended, neither did Lukas Raymond for some reason.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 02:59 AM
  #19
JimboA
Registered User
 
JimboA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Earth
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC View Post
J18 Elit Östra isn't any better than the other elite-series. It has a quite bad reputation.
Oh, ok. I read somewhere that J18 Elit Norra is pretty weak though? So I thought I'd ask, to get some context.

JimboA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 03:12 AM
  #20
Mrpm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Surprised Alex Popovic didn't make the roster. 14 points in 15 games and been the clear cut best D in Modos J18. Already played two games with J20 aswell.

Mrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 04:23 AM
  #21
luddf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Gävle
Country: Sweden
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboA View Post
Oh, ok. I read somewhere that J18 Elit Norra is pretty weak though? So I thought I'd ask, to get some context.
There is not much difference between the top teams in any of the j18 leagues. but the quality of teams thats not in the top differs greatly between the leagues. Where the south and the west leauge is better overall.

luddf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 04:34 AM
  #22
luddf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Gävle
Country: Sweden
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpm View Post
Surprised Alex Popovic didn't make the roster. 14 points in 15 games and been the clear cut best D in Modos J18. Already played two games with J20 aswell.
He will probably get a chance to play later this season, he is an offensive d and they took out Söderström and Björnfot which is also good offensive defenders

luddf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 06:15 AM
  #23
JimboA
Registered User
 
JimboA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Earth
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luddf View Post
There is not much difference between the top teams in any of the j18 leagues. but the quality of teams thats not in the top differs greatly between the leagues. Where the south and the west leauge is better overall.
Ok, thanks.

JimboA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2016, 03:59 PM
  #24
VIKHOCKEY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboA View Post
Speaking of Holtz, after tonight (1+2) he now has 18 points (11+7) in 9 games in J18 Elit Östra. I'd guess the Stockholm region is pretty good, no?
J18 Elit Östra probably has the lowest level compared to the other 3 even the top teams. I would say södra is the best one.


Last edited by VIKHOCKEY: 12-13-2016 at 04:07 PM.
VIKHOCKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2016, 04:02 PM
  #25
VIKHOCKEY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
Don't think he attended, neither did Lukas Raymond for some reason.
Raymond was sick so Isac Andersson took his place

VIKHOCKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.