HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

sportsnet rumors: lang to detriot, boughner

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2004, 08:43 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
Deferral doesn't mean disappear. Deferral means Rangers pay the $4 mill plus interest later on.
Gee thanks for giving me that lesson.Where in my post did not ever mention the $4 million disappearing?

Old
02-12-2004, 08:50 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Dude X8oD....let me help you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
thats what you get for thinking Robert Lang is on the level of a Peter Forsberg.
ANALOGY - Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
A comparison based on such similarity.

Did I say Lang was Forsberg? No.

Old
02-12-2004, 08:55 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
do you know what defer means? the rangers are paying $6.5m per year of Jagr's salary. jagr did defer $1m per year of the contract, but the rangers still owe him the money.

as for the league and who is responsible for what. that was part of getting the deal done. the capitals and rangers wanted a ruling on how to structure the deal so that it worked best for them. The Caps are paying the rangers future considerations. it doesnt fall under payroll and the the rangers can use the money anyway they wish. the rangers wanted the salary deferment not because they couldnt afford to pay it, but because they wanted to lower their salary cap number.
its simple as that.

and yes..the capitals are paying the rangers $18m for rescuing them from that horrible contract. in the end the rangers will wish they hadn't done it just as the caps ended up wishing they hadn't done it.
Why should the Rangers solely be responsible for paying Jaromir Jagr $11 million per when it was Mr.AOL who gave Jagr that contract?Will there ever be a salary cap?There will be a luxury tax system which kicks in when that team goes over the threshold.The Rangers can take the $4.5 million per and apply it towards the luxury tax.The Rangers don't have a bottomless pit of money.Cablevision is cutting costs left and right.Of course,I know what defered means.Has there been any agreement on how deferred money will work under the new CBA.Sure the Rangers owe him the money.No one is disputing that.Where did I ever mention Jagr would not get that money.Read more carefully next time.Do you know what deferred means?

Old
02-12-2004, 09:02 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Do you even remember what you type Rangerboy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Gee thanks for giving me that lesson.Where in my post did not ever mention the $4 million disappearing?

The Rangers restructured Jaromir Jagr's contract.He agreed to defer $4 million of the $44 million.The Rangers are paying $22 million and the Capitals are paying $18 million.$18 million for a guy who plays on another team?
So you said The Ranger are paying $22 mill the Caps are paying $18. That = $40! Where is the other $4 mill? Should be Rangers paying $22-24 mill (+$4 mill deferred with interest), and if Jagr reaches his incentives, another $11 mill for the last season.

Caps pay $16-18 mill.

Glad I could provide you with another lesson, this one in 6th grade math. Maybe next time you should put more thought into your post, and make them more clear so we don't have to publicly embarass you.

Old
02-12-2004, 10:09 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Where did I ever mention Jagr would not get that money.Read more carefully next time.Do you know what deferred means?
A. Where? specifically you said that when you said..."The Rangers restructured Jaromir Jagr's contract.He agreed to defer $4 million of the $44 million.The Rangers are paying $22 million and the Capitals are paying $18 million.$18 million for a guy who plays on another team?"

the rangers are not paying $22m. its $22m plus the deferred $4m. eh?

de·fer1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-fūr)
v. de·ferred, de·fer·ring, de·fers
v. tr.
To put off; postpone.

yes...defer means that jagr agreed to allow the rangers to pay him $4m, $1m per year, at a later date. usually this is done with interest. the money owned mario lemiuex that allowed him to take ownership of the pittsburgh penguins was deferred money that the team was unable to pay.

B. A luxury tax?? are you high? it takes a 2/3 vote to pass a cba with the owners. there are not 10 votes to allow Rangers, Detroit, Colorado, Philadelphia, Toronto and Dallas to keep spending twice what the league average is. On the otherside of the coin there are not 11 votes to stop a $35m hard cap that the vast majority of owners require. NO CHANCE! A luxury tax is a pipe dream.

C. nobody said that the rangers will be responsible for jagr's entire salary. i am not sure how the nhl will handle this issue, but i am quite sure that both teams and the nhl know how they will handle it. i do know this. the money the capitals agree to transfer to the rangers goes into the rangers general fund. it can be used to pay jagr or pay for the team charter flights and hotel budget. it was stuctured that way in part so that the capitals would agree to pick up that much salary.

Old
02-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Lidstrom will be happy to take a paycut to $5 mill, Shanny to $3.5, Chelios to $3, Hull to $2.5, Yzerman to $3?

Is that what you're saying? Sounds like you're inferring that the Wings will lowball all these guys with the impending salary structure change. Do you really think these old guys will return at a cut rate? I'd imagine Lidstrom would immediately by heading to Sweden, Chelios and Yzerman might stay, but how much do they have left in the tank, and Shanny would probably leave the team for another.
Lidstrom returning to Swededn is no longer an issue. He has COMPLETELY backed off of that talk for the past 4 years or so. That said...I dont think he will take THAT big of a pay cut, but he will take a cut. Chelios wants to play, and the Wings would bring him back at a much reduced price. Chelios loves it in Detroit, and he cant really expect the Wings to pay him big money at the age of 42, so I think he will stay atleast 1 more year. Yzerman? As much as it pains me to say this...I think this is his last year.

Also...Shanny will finish his career in Detroit.

Of course, alot of this is contingent on the CBA discussions.

Old
02-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Now he's disgruntled? Jesus...jump the gun a bit.
I didnt say he was disgruntled...relax. I am getting feedback from other Cap fans on this. Thats why I said it. Go back to the beginning of the thread and keep up.

Old
02-12-2004, 11:16 AM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
Also...Shanny will finish his career in Detroit.
i have this weird feeling that he won't....

(for the amount of $ he's getting paid, he's really not pulling his weight....)

Old
02-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Super-Rye

I can see Calgary trying to get Boughner back. Calgary's defense is young and I believe only Rhett Warrener has playoff experiance. I'd much rather have Boughner playing in the playoffs then Ference, Montador, or Commodore.

Old
02-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Hendo2k

Send a message via ICQ to Hendo2k Send a message via AIM to Hendo2k Send a message via Yahoo to Hendo2k
Quote:
Then by your logic, Forsberg if he was signed for lets say 2 more years at $8 per season would only garner a decent prospect, maybe a 6th dman and a few midround draft picks? That's what youre saying by believing this strain of logic. Simply not true.
buddy first of all Forsberg is a perfenial art ross trophy winner Robert Lang isnt. second off Peter is younger then mister Lang and 3rd if the Av's tried to traqde Peter they wouldnt garner a Gaborik/Datsyuk young NHL caliber ready cheap player.

its not something new here look at the last centry of trades.

why is it that in Caps fans minds Robert being dealt will "somehow" change the past

if u cant figure it out theres no more time for me to sit here and type out the facts of how the NHL past deals have gone to you... i suggest u brush up a little more on that hockey i.q.

Old
02-12-2004, 02:41 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

You didn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
I didnt say he was disgruntled...relax. I am getting feedback from other Cap fans on this. Thats why I said it. Go back to the beginning of the thread and keep up.

Here's your quote: Well if thats the case, then that hurts the Caps leverage as well. Other teams know that McPhee is under the gun to move a disgruntled player...a disgruntled player with a big contract. So equal value is almost out of the question.
Maybe you should read your own comments. Take off the seriously red jaded glasses.

Old
02-12-2004, 02:48 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Perfenial? What's that...Avs speak for good??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo2k
buddy first of all Forsberg is a perfenial art ross trophy winner Robert Lang isnt. second off Peter is younger then mister Lang and 3rd if the Av's tried to traqde Peter they wouldnt garner a Gaborik/Datsyuk young NHL caliber ready cheap player.

why is it that in Caps fans minds Robert being dealt will "somehow" change the past

if u cant figure it out theres no more time for me to sit here and type out the facts of how the NHL past deals have gone to you... i suggest u brush up a little more on that hockey i.q.
Forsberg is also likely to retire to Sweden very soon, so you really think a team would pay through the nose for him? Not to mention the ton, TON of time missed due to injuries.

BTW I'm not one of the guys demanding Datsyuk. Zetterberg is no #13. I don't think that's much of a stretch, straight up for Lang, no, but each as the centerpiece of the deal I could see it.

Ya lost me in the whole changing the past thing...way way.. lost. Didn't someone tell you PCP is bad for you?

Old
02-12-2004, 02:48 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Williams is a third liner at best,wing fans are playing him up as a potential 2nd line/50 point guy...thats not true.
you know it's not true huh??? are you jason williams himself?? you know that williams has been in the ahl for a long time, that's all you know... take away the depth the wings have had over the past 3 - 4 years and insert williams on more of a regular basis ( meaning on a line besides the 4th) and IMO you'd have someone who could produce 35 maybe even more pts a year he's fallen victim to detroit's depth, and before anyone tries to come across with 'well then how come you got steve thomas' as has been mentioned, we're in a win now mode.. and since he was available, why not... it seems the last couple years have brought different prospects to explode seemingly last year when we needed a feisty/gritty agitating player avery stepped up big, only reason he was up here and williams wasn't was casue at the time williams was more a scorer than checker, this year it was mowers that seemed to ignite when brought up, although in the time williams was on the ice he seemed to realize shooting alone wasn't gonna get much notice, especially on the bottom line where he was stuck, it's a depth game and right now he's near the bottom of the pile that's the only thing that's bad when you get veteran laden team like the wings have had, i will repeat though given the icetime, williams will show to be more than just a 3rd liner at best

Old
02-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Maybe you should read your own comments. Take off the seriously red jaded glasses.

LOL. I didnt start the "disgruntled" stuff when discussin Lang. Several Caps fans in this thread have brought this up. I didnt even know it until they brougt it up.

Old
02-12-2004, 02:56 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

One more thing while I'm riled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo2k

If PERFENIAL (pretty sure you mean perennial) means once, then yes, Forsberg is a PERENNIAL ART ROSS winner. I guess that MEANS BONDRA IS A PERENNIAL Richard trophy winner (I mean he lead the league in goal scoring twice), or Heatly is a PERENNIAL Calder trophy winner....duh...

Here's some help: Perennial: Lasting an indefinitely long time; enduring: perennial happiness. Appearing again and again; recurrent.

I suggest you brush up on your command of the English language before you come here and make an even bigger fool of yourself next time you try to insult me with shots about my hockey iq.

Old
02-12-2004, 03:04 PM
dats-13

Quote:

BTW I'm not one of the guys demanding Datsyuk. Zetterberg is no #13. I don't think that's much of a stretch, straight up for Lang, no, but each as the centerpiece of the deal I could see it.

:
almost any wings fan that follows the wings closely will tell you that Zetterberg is a better complete player, and thus will probabley have a better carrer than Datsyuk....

No way Detroit parts with either Datsyuk or Zetterberg, it just won't happen...

Old
02-12-2004, 03:15 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
almost any wings fan that follows the wings closely will tell you that Zetterberg is a better complete player, and thus will probabley have a better carrer than Datsyuk....

No way Detroit parts with either Datsyuk or Zetterberg, it just won't happen...
So Wings fans believe Zetterberg has a chance at contending for the league lead in scoring than Datsyuk? Honest question.

Old
02-12-2004, 03:27 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
WHAT! First of all, theres no way in my mind that Detroit would want Kolzig. They already have Cujo locked up for a couple years at 8 million(I think). Plus, the injury is just a sprain, he shouldn't be out that long. Even if you factor cujo out of the playoff equation, Legace is a damn good goalie, and I think they might just pick up a potvin or a fernandez to spell Legace if needed.

Irregardless of the goalie situation in DET, if Hudler, Dandenault, Kronwall AND a first were offered up for Lang and Kolzig, i'd take it and run away laughing Manically. Kronwall is gonna be a damn fine defenseman. Hes not Lidstrom like some DET fans might think(no one on this thread), but he'll be a top-4 guy with a bullet.
first cujo's only under contract for next season UNLESS we a) make it to the finals this year AND next but lose or B we win the cup in either year that said, if we dealt that package for lang and kolzig i'd personally shoot holland myself we don't have many d prospects as it is, let alone nhl caliber, trading kronwall shortens the list even more, don't wanna see it, and i pray it doesn't happen

Old
02-12-2004, 03:29 PM
dats-13

Quote:
So Wings fans believe Zetterberg has a chance at contending for the league lead in scoring than Datsyuk? Honest question.
weird question, but i get the jest...

not this year, but in one or two years Z will be the more dominant player and will have more points...

and we aren't giving Z over to the caps so that in a few years ( after Lang is gone ) we won't have to watch Z in a Caps uni in sportscenter's top 10 plays...

Old
02-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
I personally feel that Zetterberg is better "all-around" then Datsyuk. On talent alone, Datsyuk is better.

I really dont know for sure. They are both cornerstone type of players for the Wings. Which is why we are so against them being mentioned in any trade rumors.

Old
02-12-2004, 03:31 PM
dats-13

Kronwall is gonna be a damn fine defenseman. Hes not Lidstrom like some DET fans might think(no one on this thread), but he'll be a top-4 guy with a bullet

I have labeled him the next Lidstrom....

Old
02-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
weird question, but i get the jest...

not this year, but in one or two years Z will be the more dominant player and will have more points...

and we aren't giving Z over to the caps so that in a few years ( after Lang is gone ) we won't have to watch Z in a Caps uni in sportscenter's top 10 plays...
I dont know about this. Datsyuk is the kind of offensive player who can do things almost single-handedly. Zetterberg hasnt shown that kind of talent yet. Not that he wont someday, but I think offensively Datsyuk is much more talented.

Both are great though.

Old
02-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Kukla

Quote:
Wings do not care about personal records. You can have all the scoring championships and awards youwant, Wings have 3 cups and could care less who leads the league in scoring, etc.

Old
02-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Kronwall is gonna be a damn fine defenseman. Hes not Lidstrom like some DET fans might think(no one on this thread), but he'll be a top-4 guy with a bullet

I have labeled him the next Lidstrom....
There will never be another Lidstrom. But Kronwall can easily be a top 2 all-star type of defensman for a long time if he continues to develop the way he was before his injury.

Old
02-12-2004, 03:41 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I guess you can say they're

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkwjr
Wings do not care about personal records. You can have all the scoring championships and awards youwant, Wings have 3 cups and could care less who leads the league in scoring, etc.
Personal records, but the fact is great players contend year in year out. If he's as great as some contend he will be, and that much better than Pavel D, then he should outperform Datsyuk on the score sheet too, or at least have comparable numbers, and be near the league lead in scoring.

Closed Thread