HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Summer Roller Hockey league on Long Island?

Old
04-23-2008, 03:43 PM
nyrangers14

vCash: 500
OT: Summer Roller Hockey league on Long Island?

Anyone know any place to play for some1 over 18 ?? couldn't really find anything online wondering if anyone would know a place to play.

nyrangers14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 03:46 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers14 View Post
Anyone know any place to play for some1 over 18 ?? couldn't really find anything online wondering if anyone would know a place to play.
Rapid Fire Arena in Center Moriches, Long Island has many leagues.

(631) 874-3633 - Phone Number

Open Skate is from 3-5pm on Weekdays is a good place to get to know people that play there regularly (like myself - it's 10$ per Open Skate.)

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post

Open Skate is from 3-5pm on Weekdays is a good place to get to know people that play there regularly (like myself.)

SkateSafe In Farmingdale or Sporttime in Bethpage (bigger rink)

Rapid Fire and Sports Arena are really bad places to play because of condition of the sportcourts. I only recommend the open hockey at those places.

The only time I do not play in a league is in the summer b/c it is crazy hot and disgusting on the sportcourt.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 03:56 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUTIKA16 View Post

Rapid Fire and Sports Arena are really bad places to play because of condition of the sportcourts. I only recommend the open hockey at those places.

The only time I do not play in a league is in the summer b/c it is crazy hot and disgusting on the sportcourt.
It's going to be hot anywhere you play in the summer.

Old
04-27-2008, 09:09 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:

Open Skate is from 3-5pm on Weekdays is a good place to get to know people that play there regularly (like myself - it's 10$ per Open Skate.)
thats where i play

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey

vCash: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
thats where i play
Really? My buddy George plays over there.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
I used to play at SkateSafe in Farmingdale, it ain't bad.

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Eagle20

i play at skatesafe now....not bad, rink condition is pretty solid. The only thing bad is the officiating (especially in my game tonight) is absolutely terrible. I know there bad everywhere but this is a nightmare...example, my boy walked of the rink bleeding from a highstick and there was no penalty called. Sportime is the only other place i've played and that isn't bad either. Big rink, the sportcourt is pretty good...officiating bad as usual and both places have talent so there pretty quality.

Eagle20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:53 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
thats where i play
Year-round or just summer?

Old
04-27-2008, 11:37 PM
nexusrage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle20 View Post
i play at skatesafe now....not bad, rink condition is pretty solid. The only thing bad is the officiating (especially in my game tonight) is absolutely terrible. I know there bad everywhere but this is a nightmare...example, my boy walked of the rink bleeding from a highstick and there was no penalty called. Sportime is the only other place i've played and that isn't bad either. Big rink, the sportcourt is pretty good...officiating bad as usual and both places have talent so there pretty quality.
My friends played right after that tonight, I saw the blood on the floor outside the rink, but we didn't know what happened.

The refs are definitely pretty bad. Basically they have no interest in what is going on at all in the games. I understand it isn't exactly reffing the nhl, but still.

I'm not playing this season, but last season we had a play where a penalty was called on our player, he asked the ref what the call was and all the ref could say to him is , "the call is you sit for 2 minutes"
He didn't even say what the penalty was.

nexusrage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:51 PM
acapps10

cant go wrong with skatesafe

acapps10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 12:09 AM
TrueBlue9

Rapid Fire in Moriches
Inline1 in Mt Sinai
Sports Arena in St. James
World Gym in Setauket
In that order, based on where i've played

TrueBlue9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Eagle20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusrage21 View Post
My friends played right after that tonight, I saw the blood on the floor outside the rink, but we didn't know what happened.

The refs are definitely pretty bad. Basically they have no interest in what is going on at all in the games. I understand it isn't exactly reffing the nhl, but still.

I'm not playing this season, but last season we had a play where a penalty was called on our player, he asked the ref what the call was and all the ref could say to him is , "the call is you sit for 2 minutes"
He didn't even say what the penalty was.
haha yeah he was spitting blood all over the place. I didnt see him spitting up blood b/c i was in net but the hit look pretty bad and the refs were standing there. I think at one point one of the refs was sending a text message during play. It was pretty weak to say the least but usually the players there play with a lot of dignity. They wont play dirty even if the refs aren't paying attention...but its always those two or three dudes that ruin the game for you and thats kinda what happened to us last night. It was a shame but its hockey ya know.

thats pretty ridiculous that your boy was given that kind of explanation. I would've flipped out if a ref tried to do that to me....thank god i play goal, i take enough penalties inbetween the pipes hahaha

Eagle20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 11:34 PM
nyrmetros

anything in queens??

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 12:14 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUTIKA16 View Post

Skatesafe is the worst, as all they have are giant fans cooling the place, and they don't work very well. It's an absolute swamp, and the surface gets very slick at times, even at night.

Sports Arena's surface sucks in general... however I probably am playing there at the open hockey tonight. Got new skates and need to break them in a little more.

Skatesafe and Sporttime do have the best surfaces on the Island though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue9 View Post
Rapid Fire in Moriches
Inline1 in Mt Sinai
World Gym in Setauket
I played at Rapid Fire for years, and I currently play at Inline-1. Officiating aside, Inline is the better place to play. The only thing that sucks is there really are no locker rooms.

I heard with the new ownership at RF, that they would be replacing the surface. I remember when John and Jay owned it, they did nothing with it whatsoever. Hopefully they put down that blue ice flightdeck stuff. If I didn't move so far away, I'd play there again if that happened to be the case.

World Gym is a swamp as well in the summer. The arena is smaller, so the heat and moisture are bottled up, and the surface goes to ****, quick.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:23 PM
nyrmetros

who's up for outdoor inline pickupgame tonight in whitestone?

Old
05-03-2008, 12:55 AM
nyrmetros

Friday night hockey in Whitestone was great. We had 2 goalies, and each team had 1 sub. Lots of intense skating. Light go out at 9 30 pm.

Old
05-03-2008, 03:47 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I played at Rapid Fire for years, and I currently play at Inline-1. Officiating aside, Inline is the better place to play. The only thing that sucks is there really are no locker rooms.

I heard with the new ownership at RF, that they would be replacing the surface. I remember when John and Jay owned it, they did nothing with it whatsoever. Hopefully they put down that blue ice flightdeck stuff. If I didn't move so far away, I'd play there again if that happened to be the case.
I play there a lot. Jay is the owner now, don't know the second guy. He's alright. Could be a lot better, and could stand to be less of an ******* most times.

I've heard that Inline-1 is good too though, but too far out of the way for me.

Old
05-03-2008, 03:48 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Friday night hockey in Whitestone was great. We had 2 goalies, and each team had 1 sub. Lots of intense skating. Light go out at 9 30 pm.
Is that the rink behind the Multiplex Cinemas and the Toys R' Us?

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:28 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Is that the rink behind the Multiplex Cinemas and the Toys R' Us?
No that's the college point rink. That place is locked unless you wanna hop the fence. The Whitestone rink is located off 20th ave and the whitestone expway.

Old
05-03-2008, 12:21 PM
HeaveHo94

Quote:
Year-round or just summer?
Year Round....Just won the MVG of the playoffs, the place need 2 be fixed up a bit. We are looking for a D-man and wiger. Lets m know.

Old
05-03-2008, 12:24 PM
HeaveHo94

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue9 View Post
Rapid Fire in Moriches
Inline1 in Mt Sinai
World Gym in Setauket
I hate World Gym.

Old
05-03-2008, 03:14 PM
blueliner94

Quote:
I hate World Gym.
Me to but every sunday for 10$ you can play from 8am to 8pm so me and some friends just mess around there. I played pretty much all the rinks and Inline one to me is the best, reffs suck but o well.

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Mixtures89

Inline 1 in Mount Sinai is literally maybe a 2 minute drive from my house. Rink is in real good condition. No "real" locker rooms though.

Skate safe in bethpage have real nice rinks. Never played in leagues there though. Only NARCh and Torhs tourneys.

Rapid fire's rink is usually pretty dirty and plays slow. I have known jay for about 11 years now. He's coached me forever. I have played on his tournament teams (formerly Tour Black Ice) from when i was 11 years old til most of my team went to college. We still try to get together to play in tournys every now and again. Great guy. Don't know if hes still there (i assume he is).

I havent played in sports arena in years. I do know that sports arenas rink is the smallest out of all i mentioned. However, dont know much about ownership at this time.

Mixtures89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:19 AM
TrueBlue9

Quote:
I hate World Gym.
World Gym is terrible. It's literally like playing in a sauna in the summer. Very dirty and a moist surface. Not to mention they play 5 v 5 and offsides. I only played there to do a favor for a friend, never again.

TrueBlue9 is offline   Reply With Quote