HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 1 GDT: Avalanche at Red Wings 5:30 MT (Versus)

Old
04-25-2008, 12:33 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Quenneville might make some questionable moves but even he isn't that stupid. But I did find it odd for Forsberg to sit out of a playoff game for a groin, especially when that game is against Detroit.
I would rather take all precautions and sit him out one game instead of losing him for the remainder of the games.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:22 AM
Higgy4

vCash: 500
There are 3 commercial breaks per period. EVERY game. So, those Wings fans talking about more commercial breaks are simply wrong.

There is a total of 9 commercial breaks during the periods of NHL games. No more...no less.

Higgy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:42 AM
El_Loco_Avs

man... that last shot...

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:28 AM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
man... that last shot...
man... that last save...

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 06:27 AM
DCL72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4 View Post
There are 3 commercial breaks per period. EVERY game. So, those Wings fans talking about more commercial breaks are simply wrong.

There is a total of 9 commercial breaks during the periods of NHL games. No more...no less.
Neither a Wings or Avs fan, so I know nothing about the background for this debate, but:

There are supposed to be scheduled tv timeouts at the 4, 8, 12 and 16 minute marks (nearest whistle).

DCL72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Draft Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL72 View Post
Neither a Wings or Avs fan, so I know nothing about the background for this debate, but:

There are supposed to be scheduled tv timeouts at the 4, 8, 12 and 16 minute marks (nearest whistle).
wiki: Television timeouts are taken at the first stoppage of play after 6, 10, and 14 minutes of elapsed time unless there is a power play or the first stoppage is the result of a goal. In these cases, the timeout will occur at the first stoppage after the penalty expires or the second stoppage after the goal.

Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick City View Post
Yeah on the cleary goal. Salei pushes Franzen who falls on Wolski.
It was a hipcheck, actually. But yeah, you could put some blame on Salei.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Roman Tanner

Boy oh boy - not a lot to add to most of the comments that have already been made...

I'm still shocked.....no....utterly flabbergasted, that Peter wasn't in the lineup.

I just don't know what to make of it.

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:38 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames View Post
man... that last save...
You're giving your boy too much credit. Liles mad it nice & easy.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:53 AM
chiavsfan

OK we lost, but lets look at some of the positives. The Avs should have lost this game worse...and shouldn't have had a chance to even tie.

The Defense in the first period sucked bug fat donkey...well you get the idea. They were awful, really awful...the Wings skated all over the Avs.

We had a goalie who was sick...and shouldn't have been playing (but hey, tough it out)

Our best offensive weapon was benched with a groin pull after 3 days off (Sorry Forsy, it's the playoffs man, suck it up)

If everyone is decently healthy next game, and the D can play like they did for the second 30 minutes of the game, the Avs can pull an upset in Detroit.

As crappy as their performance was, they still had a chance to tie and possibly win (should the game have made it to OT)...and that can only be seen as a positive in my eyes

Until next game anyway...

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:57 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1337 View Post
bad game... Avs just sat back too long but picked it up at the end... Bottom line if we can steal one at the Joe I will feel pretty good about the series.
Me too. If they can take game 2, their in the same boat at they were last series. Had they been awake in the 1st period, they might've won yesterday.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Hensick and Richardson are not going to play Saturday, guys.
Probably not knowing Q's tin ear for line ups, but he Hensick would bring two things we're lacking: puck control and speed.

It wouldn't be without precident though. They started Wolski in the playoffs two years ago strait out of Junior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Quenneville might make some questionable moves but even he isn't that stupid. But I did find it odd for Forsberg to sit out of a playoff game for a groin, especially when that game is against Detroit.
We all know how accurate injury reports are from the Avs AND in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan View Post
OK we lost, but lets look at some of the positives. The Avs should have lost this game worse...and shouldn't have had a chance to even tie.

The Defense in the first period sucked bug fat donkey...well you get the idea. They were awful, really awful...the Wings skated all over the Avs.

We had a goalie who was sick...and shouldn't have been playing (but hey, tough it out)

Our best offensive weapon was benched with a groin pull after 3 days off (Sorry Forsy, it's the playoffs man, suck it up)

If everyone is decently healthy next game, and the D can play like they did for the second 30 minutes of the game, the Avs can pull an upset in Detroit.

As crappy as their performance was, they still had a chance to tie and possibly win (should the game have made it to OT)...and that can only be seen as a positive in my eyes

Until next game anyway...
I'd rather they be ashammed of themselves than acting like that late surge mitigated their awful start. One particular instence I'm remembering is Game 1 in 1996 where the Wings failed to take it seriously, brushing the loss of as due to fatigue from the long series versus St Louis and continued acting like it was a coronation instead of the playoffs. Next game they got shut out and had lost the series by that point.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Schroedingers Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post

I'd rather they be ashammed of themselves than acting like that late surge mitigated their awful start. One particular instence I'm remembering is Game 1 in 1996 where the Wings failed to take it seriously, brushing the loss of as due to fatigue from the long series versus St Louis and continued acting like it was a coronation instead of the playoffs. Next game they got shut out and had lost the series by that point.
I really hope both teams wake up just for the nostalgia factor of a good Wings-Avs series.

Both teams sucked last night. The Wings just sucked a little less.

There were portions of the third where both teams showed glimpses of what they are capable of. I hope they build off of it, because I would prefer one of Det\Col to win the cup, and if they keep this up they will get smacked around in the WCF.

Schroedingers Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
wiki: Television timeouts are taken at the first stoppage of play after 6, 10, and 14 minutes of elapsed time unless there is a power play or the first stoppage is the result of a goal. In these cases, the timeout will occur at the first stoppage after the penalty expires or the second stoppage after the goal.

This is correct. 3 stoppages each period. And, in the playoff overtimes, there are no commercial breaks.

Higgy4 is offline   Reply With Quote