HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread, Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
  #351
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaherdin View Post
Can we call him a bust? medium bust?
Bust. 37th overall and not much to show for it imo. I don't blame the scouts though, he did after all have 92 some points as a 17/18 year old in the dub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Grabovsky has far more talent and potential than Milroy ever did.
Agreed and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Wrong place at the wrong time combined with below average skills and you have this.
I think he has decent skills, but it's more of a skilled player in juniors trying to get by on their talent at the next level. He was too soft, didn't get involved enough physically, didn't seem to want to pay the price imo.

montreal is offline  
Old
08-01-2008, 06:07 PM
  #352
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,403
vCash: 500
Duncan Milroy signs with a german team

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/256891.html

i am surprised by his decision .

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
08-01-2008, 06:16 PM
  #353
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
At least he'll feel at home there, that team has a lot of Canadians on it. Ingolstadt ERC also known as the Panthers is the only overseas hockey team I know anything about. Got a close friend that's lives there(awesome brewery up there!), It's a few miles north of Munich & that team is notorious for having Canadian born players & coaching staff.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
  #354
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater Ghost View Post
At least he'll feel at home there, that team has a lot of Canadians on it. Ingolstadt ERC also known as the Panthers is the only overseas hockey team I know anything about. Got a close friend that's lives there(awesome brewery up there!), It's a few miles north of Munich & that team is notorious for having Canadian born players & coaching staff.
Where all the ex-habs bust go to die....Matt Higgins plays for that team....

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 05:37 PM
  #355
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,627
vCash: 500
so can anyone tell me what Hamilton will look with all of theses tons of sinings?

Maxpac is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 05:57 PM
  #356
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
so can anyone tell me what Hamilton will look with all of theses tons of sinings?
Something like,

Pacioretty Maxwell D'Agostini
Trotter Lehoux Gulmac
Stewart Desharnais White
Flinn Russell

Valentenko Carle
Henry Weber
Belle Anderson
Martin

Denis
Desjardins

Extras, Wyman, Aubin, Olivier Latendresse, Beauregard

montreal is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 06:50 PM
  #357
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 500
Isn't it 3 lines or something like that?

Chris Cutter is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 08:28 PM
  #358
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well he definately his for me 'cause I was expecting some things out of him and due to the fact that which rank he was picked. I don't think it was a bad pick when we picked him, just that he didn't develop. As a bias Q lover that some people say I am (and they're not always wrong), I can't even, in that case, blame the org. for not picking guys like Pominville or other guys 'cause I wasn't too much interested in him at the time and I remember thinking that Milroy was actually a fine pick.

We ended up picking Pleky after so it kind of correct that mistake...
I dunno how will people react in a near future because Timmins and gainey selected Fischer and Maxwell instead of Giroux and Lucic in the first two rounds !!!!

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
  #359
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
I dunno how will people react in a near future because Timmins and gainey selected Fischer and Maxwell instead of Giroux and Lucic in the first two rounds !!!!
Well since I believe Maxwell could end up being a player in the NHL, I don't think people will care much. Sure, we will hear a lot about the Giroux vs Fischer comparison.....still right now, it means nothing to start predicting what will happen. While Giroux should develop this year, Fischer might as well but it could take a little longer. Not the time to panic, not the time to predict a failure, Fischer has a lot of good qualities.

As much as I like to criticize Timmins and Co on some picks, in general, nobody can't say he didn't do a great job. So people before reacting, should look at the other picks we made and people should also wait before reacting.....they might look like fools in the end...


Last edited by Whitesnake: 08-07-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Whitesnake is offline  
Old
08-06-2008, 11:43 PM
  #360
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Something like,

Pacioretty Maxwell D'Agostini
Trotter Lehoux Gulmac
Stewart Desharnais White
Flinn Russell

Valentenko Carle
Henry Weber
Belle Anderson
Martin

Denis
Desjardins

Extras, Wyman, Aubin, Olivier Latendresse, Beauregard
I know this team is a little young and inexperienced, but with a little luck I really believe they can contend this year. 2 good goalies, solid D prospects with some hopefully decent scoring touch...

White Spy is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 12:28 AM
  #361
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Something like,

Pacioretty Maxwell D'Agostini
Trotter Lehoux Gulmac
Stewart Desharnais White
Flinn Russell

Valentenko Carle
Henry Weber
Belle Anderson
Martin

Denis
Desjardins

Extras, Wyman, Aubin, Olivier Latendresse, Beauregard
Wyman has to play with the season he had last year, so why did the Habs sign Glumac and Trotter again?

Maxpac is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
  #362
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups
 
Metropolitsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Wyman has to play with the season he had last year, so why did the Habs sign Glumac and Trotter again?
Wyman should play over Russell but I'm nor ready to say that he deserve a sport more than Trotter or Glumac

Metropolitsky is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 06:23 AM
  #363
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djee#9 View Post
Wyman should play over Russell but I'm nor ready to say that he deserve a sport more than Trotter or Glumac
That's probably about right. Wyman will play somewhere. If he has to start the year in the ECHL, so be it. He'll get his chance.

Dan K is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 07:46 AM
  #364
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Wyman has to play with the season he had last year, so why did the Habs sign Glumac and Trotter again?
Wyman will have to earn his ice time just like everyone else. With limited roster spots, guys like Wyman, Desharnais, Aubin, Russell, Beauregard, Latendresse will have their work cut out for them. Then there's a chance we get 2 players from Dallas, so space will be even tighter. The same goes for Maxwell and White but I think they will be able to stick on the top 3 lines. I think that if Wyman works hard and plays good in his own end, he'll get his chances as Lever seems to like players that are good in their own end. He wasn't too impressive in the few AHL games he played last year so hopefully he comes to camp ready to earn a spot.

As for Gulmac and Trotter, we needed Gulmac as we should have one of the youngest teams in the league, so you have to have some vets. Trotter imo should have been drafted over say Scott Kishel, he was one of Denver's top players and has good skills but needs to improve his strength a lot. I don't see the harm in adding an extra prospect especially when we are thin on forward prospects going into this past draft.

montreal is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 08:37 AM
  #365
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Wyman will have to earn his ice time just like everyone else. With limited roster spots, guys like Wyman, Desharnais, Aubin, Russell, Beauregard, Latendresse will have their work cut out for them. Then there's a chance we get 2 players from Dallas, so space will be even tighter. The same goes for Maxwell and White but I think they will be able to stick on the top 3 lines. I think that if Wyman works hard and plays good in his own end, he'll get his chances as Lever seems to like players that are good in their own end. He wasn't too impressive in the few AHL games he played last year so hopefully he comes to camp ready to earn a spot.

As for Gulmac and Trotter, we needed Gulmac as we should have one of the youngest teams in the league, so you have to have some vets. Trotter imo should have been drafted over say Scott Kishel, he was one of Denver's top players and has good skills but needs to improve his strength a lot. I don't see the harm in adding an extra prospect especially when we are thin on forward prospects going into this past draft.
You know my love for White...., but I just don't see him how he'll be able to surpass Wyman. Especially while, and I totally agree with you, you're playing him on the wings, he will still be a new position to him that he'll have to adapt, shouldn't be hard but an adaptation nonetheless. If the org. thinks that he should adapt to it and with the depth up front that we have, why wouldn't White go to Cincy? Strangely I see the same kind of development that Ryder had to go through for White especially, again, 'cause of our depth.

But then, of course, if he's superior to those guys at camp, well you just don't send a guy down for the pleasure of it. He's better than those guys he stays, he's not, well another scenario needs to kick in and I'm not sure we should force Lever's hand by putting him in the lineup if the performance is not quite there yet.

I remember we were excited to see Wyman finally reaching the Pros and now he's already in the outside looking in? Should he be a candidate for Cincy?

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
  #366
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Isn't it 3 lines or something like that?
AHL is one player less than NHL.... so three full lines + 2 "fourth liners" + 6d + 2 goalie.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
  #367
Marco Corleone
Registered User
 
Marco Corleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Pretty sure that prospect, Jimmy Bonneau, has signed with Buffalo.

Marco Corleone is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 02:14 PM
  #368
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Corleone View Post
Pretty sure that prospect, Jimmy Bonneau, has signed with Buffalo.
AFIAK, it didn't happen. So you're wrong unless you have a link to prove it.

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 02:34 PM
  #369
Marco Corleone
Registered User
 
Marco Corleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
AFIAK, it didn't happen. So you're wrong unless you have a link to prove it.
No release of yet, but he did sign.


Marco Corleone is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
  #370
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You know my love for White...., but I just don't see him how he'll be able to surpass Wyman. Especially while, and I totally agree with you, you're playing him on the wings, he will still be a new position to him that he'll have to adapt, shouldn't be hard but an adaptation nonetheless. If the org. thinks that he should adapt to it and with the depth up front that we have, why wouldn't White go to Cincy? Strangely I see the same kind of development that Ryder had to go through for White especially, again, 'cause of our depth.

But then, of course, if he's superior to those guys at camp, well you just don't send a guy down for the pleasure of it. He's better than those guys he stays, he's not, well another scenario needs to kick in and I'm not sure we should force Lever's hand by putting him in the lineup if the performance is not quite there yet.

I remember we were excited to see Wyman finally reaching the Pros and now he's already in the outside looking in? Should he be a candidate for Cincy?
Well we'll have to see how things shake out. I got to think at least 7 of the 11 forward spots are already locked, Lehoux, Gulmac, D'Agostini, Pac, Maxwell, Stewart and Flinn. White, Desharnais, Wyman, Russell, Aubin and the rest will all need to fight for ice time imo. Some guys will likely go to the ECHL as I would guess maybe 3 or so extra forwards will stick. I hope Wyman gets a full time spot with the Dogs but I would think that White would get a spot over him as I think White's a flat out better prospect unless his skating/foot speed really hamper his play, which I don't know if it will or won't until I see how he does against pros. But I think he's got considerable more offensive skills and grit but doesn't have Wyman's speed/skating. Should be a very interesting camp.

montreal is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
  #371
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,058
vCash: 500
Hamilton's schedule is out

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/schedu...=16&home_away=

Don't like that their first two games of the season are at the same time as the Habs first two games, on the 10th and 11th but at least the dogs games will be on the road against the Moose so it's an later start time.

montreal is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 05:01 PM
  #372
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
I think I'll buy a season pass, so whenever i want to watch a game I'll just have to log on rather then picking what games i want to watch and all. Is it expensive?

kostitsyn1489 is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 05:28 PM
  #373
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Whoo-hoo, they come to Hartford again this year! Dec. 20, I'm there

LilWinger11 is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 06:55 PM
  #374
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Corleone View Post
Pretty sure that prospect, Jimmy Bonneau, has signed with Buffalo.
Pretty sure it was Jonathan Bonneau that they signed.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 08:11 PM
  #375
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I think I'll buy a season pass, so whenever i want to watch a game I'll just have to log on rather then picking what games i want to watch and all. Is it expensive?
If memory serves, for B2 it's around $160 (not sure if that's US or Canadian). I know it's been under £100 the last two years so it's probably fair to expect something in that region as far as cost goes.

Qui Gon Dave is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.