HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3 propo

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2004, 03:06 PM
RAmbo

vCash: 500
3 propo

1st: Mtl : oneil
Car:markov 2nd
2nd: mtl: smyth
edm: hossa,hainsey and 3rd
3rd: Mtl: gauthier
cal: sundstrom and 4th or Jason Ward

???????????

Old
02-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAmbo
???????????
Exactly what I'm thinking after reading your post...

Old
02-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Highlander

Quote:

???????????
someone please lock this thread before this gets really ugly....

Old
02-10-2004, 03:22 PM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander
someone please lock this thread before this gets really ugly....
can you please elaborate on this ?

these are all valid propositions imo

Old
02-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Perez

I'm kinda surprised... from you Rambo.. imo those proposals aren't that bad..

The first one could pass.. don't the hurricanes need a defensemen. Markov is a vlauable D + a 2nd rounder... from habs pov it could make some sense if they're looking for a lw on there 1st line

I've already seen the second proposals in some other threads. Oilers get a qb for there pp and a naturel center Hossa + a pick but it still needs some wourk to round it up..

And finally the third proposal is ok.. but I doubt the habs trade Ward now.. he could end-up being a key player very soon..

But on the next prooposals try to explain why those teams would make those trades..

Old
02-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
A polite "no thank you" from the Oilers

Old
02-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Safir*

Quote:

???????????
1.) That's not enough from a 'Canes POV.

2.) replace Hainsey with Komisarek and we can start talking trade

3.) Isn't Sundstrom playing only on the 3rd and 4td line in MTL?

Old
02-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
2.) replace Hainsey with Komisarek and we can start talking trade?
No, because Edmonton have no use for Komisarek. You're saying this only based on the hype surrounding him. Truth is, a Dman like Hainsey or Markov makes more sense for Edmonton because they need someone to QB the PP, while Komisarek is a defensive Dman ala Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
3.) Isn't Sundstrom playing only on the 3rd and 4td line in MTL?
Where do you want him to play? He's a checking forward.

And to the couple of wise guys trying to make it sound like it's terribly biased, think again. You're the ones sounding like you're talking out of your *****. Rambo usually makes pretty boneheaded proposals, but those ones are closer to reality than usual. Of course, they're all in favor of the Habs, but nothing far off. Just a little tweaking needed. So no need to act like Jackasses.

So for example, instead of the 3rd for Smyth, replace it with Garon and it becomes pretty fair, filling 3 of Edmonton's mose dire needs (PP QB, center and goalie).

Old
02-10-2004, 04:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
No, because Edmonton have no use for Komisarek. You're saying this only based on the hype surrounding him. Truth is, a Dman like Hainsey or Markov makes more sense for Edmonton because they need someone to QB the PP, while Komisarek is a defensive Dman ala Smith.

Where do you want him to play? He's a checking forward.

And to the couple of wise guys trying to make it sound like it's terribly biased, think again. You're the ones sounding like you're talking out of your *****. Rambo usually makes pretty boneheaded proposals, but those ones are closer to reality than usual. Of course, they're all in favor of the Habs, but nothing far off. Just a little tweaking needed. So no need to act like Jackasses.

So for example, instead of the 3rd for Smyth, replace it with Garon and it becomes pretty fair, filling 3 of Edmonton's mose dire needs (PP QB, center and goalie).

You have to realize since if Oilers are going to trade Smyth, there whole vision will be base on the future and they might be more interested in Komisarek due to his potential, especailly seeing how big physical defenceman likes the Souray and the Chara have been developing after the last few seasons. Yes, indeed Oilers might need a PP QB right now, but Lowe might very well envision Eric Brewer in that role in the future. And i don't think Lowe will has much interest in Hossa, consider he already has similar players in Rita and Hemsky. Maybe fill it with Chris Higgins, than the Habs might get themselves a deal.

Old
02-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Randall Graves*

Wow,Oiler fans are talking about about Ryan Smythe as if he is having a great season.

Last edited by Randall Graves*: 02-10-2004 at 05:08 PM.
Old
02-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
You have to realize since if Oilers are going to trade Smyth, there whole vision will be base on the future and they might be more interested in Komisarek due to his potential, especailly seeing how big physical defenceman likes the Souray and the Chara have been developing after the last few seasons. Yes, indeed Oilers might need a PP QB right now, but Lowe might very well envision Eric Brewer in that role in the future. And i don't think Lowe will has much interest in Hossa, consider he already has similar players in Rita and Hemsky. Maybe fill it with Chris Higgins, than the Habs might get themselves a deal.
The best proposal IMO that came up in another thread on that matter was Garon, Hainsey and Plekanec for Smyth. It gives a fast and fiesty center that would fit like a glove in the offensive minded Oilers and their #1 goalie of the future. It also gives them a PP QB with loads of potential without for the Habs having to sacrifice a key player from their current lineup.

I think you're making quite the mistake everyone's making about Komisarek. If the Oils can sign Smith to an extention, there's no reason why they would need Komisarek more than Hainsey. Komisarek doesn't have a big potential due to a limited skill set. He's going to be good, maybe #2, but no way in hell is he ever going to become the next Blake/Stevens/Hatcher like everyone has made him out to be. IMO he'll be lucky to get by with around 20 points a year. He'll still be a physical force and sound defensive presence, but his lack of elite hockey sense and offensive skills just makes him less than ideal for Edmonton IMO.

Old
02-10-2004, 05:10 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Wow,Oiler fans are talking about Ryan Smyth as if he is having a great season.
Ryan Smyth's production is off a little, but he is a well enough known commodity around the league to have established his value.

Old
02-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Wow,Oiler fans are talking about about Ryan Smythe as if he is having a great season.
No, they're talking as if one season doesn't make a career.

Old
02-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Aziolkowski

Send a message via Yahoo to Aziolkowski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno
A polite "no thank you" from the Oilers
Its close as far as i could tell Marcal Hossa and Hainsey would be really goot maybe make that pick a second it it would be liveable. I am an oiler fan but also a realist so I don't expect much more than this for smyth.

I would prefer Komasarik and Hossa or Hainsey for Smyth but I just don't think that will happen outside my dream world.

Old
02-10-2004, 05:46 PM
RichardZednik#20

Here is my Proposal: (Habs pov)

Hainsey, Hossa, Garon, 4th round '04 FOR Smyth and Winchester

If I was EDM, I would go for Plekanec before Hossa but fan will go with where he was drafted and go with potential. Hainsey, Plekanec, Garon and Milroy would be my asking price if I'm EDM.

Old
02-10-2004, 05:56 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x
can you please elaborate on this ?

these are all valid propositions imo
I agree!!

What is the issue people....it does say proposal at the top? I think you people take this board a wee bit too seriously.

Old
02-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziolkowski
Its close as far as i could tell Marcal Hossa and Hainsey would be really goot maybe make that pick a second it it would be liveable. I am an oiler fan but also a realist so I don't expect much more than this for smyth.

I would prefer Komasarik and Hossa or Hainsey for Smyth but I just don't think that will happen outside my dream world.
Thus the "polite" no thank you

Edmonton does not need to trade Smyth. He's signed for one more year at a reasonable rate, and is a legitimate first-line player on most teams in the league. He's a fearless player who wears his heart on his sleeve - a perfect guy to have if you're looking to make a cup run.

If we're trading him, it better be an offer that'll knock our socks off, and while the proposal isn't too bad at all, it certainly doesn't knock our socks off.

Old
02-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Perez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno
a perfect guy to have if you're looking to make a cup run.
Well I guess he's not the perfect guy to have for the oilers.

j/k

Closed Thread