HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Prospect/Marlies Tracker v 8.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2008, 12:49 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
he's not a Marlie, or Leafs prospect, so we dont dive a damn if he sits.
maybe the Leafs & Yotes have the same philosophy concerneing young goalie prospects ???

Old
04-24-2008, 01:06 PM
LeafsIn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
maybe the Leafs & Yotes have the same philosophy concerneing young goalie prospects ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker16161 View Post
I should have known I would have gotten such narrow-minded responses such as "it's not the Leafs, I don't care".
Tordjman is 1 month older than Montoya. This argument is laughable.

Old
04-24-2008, 06:32 PM
dougy

Um..... whats up with the Leafs top 20 for Spring? It always seems we get all our articles last and very few of them at that. I cant remember the last interview of a leaf prospect. Hopefully we will see something new in the coming days.

Old
04-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsIn7 View Post
Dale Mitchell isn't anywhere close to being the type of prospect that Tlusty is. He has scored a bit when playing with Tavares but in the regular season (particularly the first half) he was invisible playing on another line. He's definitely not on the fast track to the NHL but that doesn't mean he has no shot at it. He's a better bet to eventually make it than prospects like Rau, Ruegsegger and Didomenico because he does skate fairly well (although it will still need to improve) and despite the height, he's built like a tank. He's just not that superskilled. And I'd like to see him play with a little more edge because I think he'll ultimately be that type of NHLer. Expect him to have a super season next year playing the entire year with Tavares because I believe Brett McLean is eligible to turn pro.
Um...where did I say anything to compare the two? All I said was that Mitchell isn't allowed because he'd still be under 20 years old, and only Europeans are allowed to play in the AHL, listing Tlusty as an example.

Then all I said was that I don't get why the European born players are allowed exemption to the under-20 rule of the AHL...I 100% agree that Tlusty is a much better prospect, I think anyone who thinks otherwise may have had a little too much tequilla, so I don't get the whole rant

Old
04-24-2008, 06:56 PM
timlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post
. . .
Then all I said was that I don't get why the European born players are allowed exemption to the under-20 rule of the AHL...
The AHL has no such rule. The NHL has an agreement with the CHL that all players drafted out of junior will be sent back to junior if they don't make the NHL team- until they are 20 years old. Make sense?

Old
04-24-2008, 07:01 PM
LC

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlap View Post
The AHL has no such rule. The NHL has an agreement with the CHL that all players drafted out of junior will be sent back to junior if they don't make the NHL team- until they are 20 years old. Make sense?
Or four years of junior right?

Old
04-24-2008, 07:04 PM
timlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
Correct! I forgot about that clause.

Old
04-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
I'll quote myself from the Los Angeles Kings board, in regards to Oscar Moller:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
Moller was born January 22, 1989; he is eligible to play in the AHL right now only because his WHL season is complete.

Using next year as a concrete example:

Any player drafted out of the CHL cannot play full-time in the AHL in the 2008-2009 season unless they turn 20 years of age on or before December 31, 2008. However, if they were born after December 31, 1988 and their CHL season is complete, they CAN be brought up to the AHL for the remainder of the '08-'09 season. The following example does NOT apply to those Europeans who were drafted out of Europe who THEN decided to play in the CHL afterwards; they may play full-time in the AHL as a teenager if the team wishes.

Oscar Moller is not eligible to start next season in the AHL. Possible scenarios:

1) He makes the Kings to stay, all year (doubtful.)
2) He makes the Kings out of camp but is sent down after 10 games, preserving both a year of his contract and a year of FA status (possible but I think he's going back)
3) He makes the Kings out of camp but is sent down after 10 games but before 41 games, eating up a year of his contract but not a year of FA status (no one ever does this kind of thing any more, it's stupid)
4) He is sent back to Chilliwack before LA opening day roster is finalized. He then must play out the entire season in Chilliwack unless he is needed for an EMERGENCY callup (which won't happen, there's many rules about this) for the Kings during the year. After Chilliwack's season is completed, Moller again finishes up the year with the Monarchs, or possibly with LA like Wojtek Wolski did for Colorado after his 4th OHL season.
Adding to that the "Jason Spezza rule", namely that if a player drafted from the CHL plays four full years in his league, he automatically is eligible to play full-time in the AHL the next year regardless of his age.

Old
04-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
Ahh, didn't know that, just figured it was 20. Good to know though

Old
04-25-2008, 12:18 PM
GoodNewfieBoy
Jim,coach Leafs too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougy View Post
Um..... whats up with the Leafs top 20 for Spring? It always seems we get all our articles last and very few of them at that. I cant remember the last interview of a leaf prospect. Hopefully we will see something new in the coming days.
Was wondering the same thing, I'm getting tired of waiting, but that's probably just because im an impatient person.

Old
04-25-2008, 02:11 PM
LeafsIn7

Quote:
Um...where did I say anything to compare the two? All I said was that Mitchell isn't allowed because he'd still be under 20 years old, and only Europeans are allowed to play in the AHL, listing Tlusty as an example.

Then all I said was that I don't get why the European born players are allowed exemption to the under-20 rule of the AHL...I 100% agree that Tlusty is a much better prospect, I think anyone who thinks otherwise may have had a little too much tequilla, so I don't get the whole rant
Yeah, as a response to your original post it seemed to have little to do with it other than agree with you. I guess I was just flying off on a tangent in response to some imaginary person who might be wondering why Mitchell isn't being treated like Tlusty.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Ahh, didn't know that, just figured it was 20. Good to know though
Also like in life there is always an exception to every rule ..

Adding to Timlap's post .. The NHL and CHL have a 4 year rule ..

If a player has played 4 years in the WHL already then he can legally play in the AHL as opposed to being required to be sent to back to the CHL..

An example of this is Jason Spezza .. Because he began his CHL career at age 15 then by the time he had turned 19 he had his 4 season's of CHL under his belt and fulfilled the CHL/NHL agreement to that league.

The Senators sent Spezza to the AHL for more development at 19, as opposed to back to junior.

Take Luke Schenn as a future example here .. The team that drafts him now at age 18 knows that Schenn has already completed 3 full seasons with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL. That means if he doesn't make the NHL team this year his only option is back to the WHL. However the following year when he shows up at camp at age 19 he could be signed and assigned to the AHL and recalled freely throughout the year.

04-25-2008, 10:54 PM
mooseOAK*

Marlies win 2-1 tonight, Wozniewski and Mitchell with the goals and Mitchell first star.

3-2 in games lead for Toronto.

Old
04-25-2008, 10:57 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Pogge doesn't start in this game, as Marlies win 2-1. It looks like Gilbert is going with the vets, instead of going with Tlusty, Pogge, etc.

Infact, from the statistical sheets from theahl.com, it looks like Tlusty is not playing with John Mitchell, and Ben Ondrus, the two linemates he played on when he garnered AHL player of the week awards. He isn't even playing on the Brent Aubin line. So, is he again being put on the 3rd/4th lines on the Marlies, like he did earlier in the season in the AHL?

Old
04-25-2008, 11:56 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Pogge doesn't start in this game, as Marlies win 2-1. It looks like Gilbert is going with the vets, instead of going with Tlusty, Pogge, etc.

Infact, from the statistical sheets from theahl.com, it looks like Tlusty is not playing with John Mitchell, and Ben Ondrus, the two linemates he played on when he garnered AHL player of the week awards. He isn't even playing on the Brent Aubin line. So, is he again being put on the 3rd/4th lines on the Marlies, like he did earlier in the season in the AHL?
Maybe his recent play caused Tlusty to be taken off of that line.

Old
04-26-2008, 01:10 AM
timlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Marlies win 2-1 tonight, Wozniewski and Mitchell with the goals and Mitchell first star.

3-2 in games lead for Toronto.
Nice work by the Marlies. I'm looking forward to the game on Sunday. I hope they clinch!

Old
04-26-2008, 01:23 AM
timlap

Also worth noting, Columbia advanced to the conference semi-finals with a win against Texas tonight. Todd Ford stopped 46 of 47 shots and was named 1st star. They start the next series against South Carolina on Sunday. (the ECHL has the weirdest playoff structure I've ever seen)

http://echl.leaguestat.com/stats/gam...p?game_id=5297

Old
04-26-2008, 10:14 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Nice work by the Marlies. I'm looking forward to the game on Sunday. I hope they clinch!
Mitchell first star.

Always liked his game.

Tlusty had 4 shots, tied with Foster for the most for the Marlies.

Nice to see the youngsters come through.

Ling wasn't dressed.

Old
04-26-2008, 10:53 AM
LeafsIn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Mitchell first star.

Always liked his game.
I still say that he has the biggest upside of anyone on the Marlies except for Pogge and Tlusty. He's a good skater, he has some size, he has quite a bit of skill, it's just a matter of whatever he develops some more hockey sense. Maybe this playoffs is finally the time he "gets it".

Old
04-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Bills09

Pogge Tlusty Stralman and Kulimen all now rated 8.0B by HF

Old
04-27-2008, 08:48 AM
LTL

Marlies and Rampage will play in Game 6 of their North Division Semi-Final series. Tickets are on-sale for the game taking place on Sunday, April 27 at 4:00 p.m. at Ricoh Coliseum.

Old
04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Marlies down 2-0 after 1st period.

Old
04-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by think-blue- View Post
Marlies down 2-0 after 1st period.
Clemmensen lets in 2 goals on 9 shots...

I feel bad for Pogge.

Old
04-27-2008, 05:29 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Marlies are playing well, but their goalie is shutting the door. Love John Mitchell's game.

Old
04-27-2008, 05:35 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

What line is Tlusty playing on?

Closed Thread