HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why play Breezy?

Old
04-24-2008, 10:24 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAbbott View Post
I like the chemistry between Gorges and Boullion, but that could work too.
Speed with size.
offensiveness with defensiveness.

Its the perfect combination.

Winning is not the #1 thing. They want to win THEIR way.....even if it means they're handicapping themselves.
compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 10:32 PM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
Brisebois is so frustrating to watch (the story of his career), for one good play (kostitsyn breakway pass) hes gonna make 5 very bad plays. The first goal was bad luck but on the seond goal, he lost his battle in the corner and let his man go and then went in front to screen Price. Thats what makes it tough for Crabo to scratch him, he will make good plays but he can also cost the game for his team.

Personally, i want to see OByrne there. At least he'll win more battles and in tight situations, Gorges or Komi would take his place.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 10:33 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

I don't know why Carbo tinkered with the D pairings. They were fine until game 2 vs Boston.

Brisebois is a liability.

Old
04-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
How many game ending plays does OB have in the playoffs, because by my calculations, Brisebois takes the cake on that one.
When did Brisebois have a game-ending play in a negative form this year?

But yeah, he has a game-ending play.. because he scored the goal that sealed us a victory in Game #4.

So sure, he takes the cake.

Brisebois is going to screw up. He'll always do that. But if he keeps it simple (like he did in the 2nd and 3rd periods tonight) he can be effective and great piece in our lineup.

However, I've said this many times before, Brisebois could score a hat-trick, be +17, and people would still want to sit him because he made one bad giveaway. It's just the way it is.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 11:01 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

Umm...
1 goal in Game #4 doesn't mean anything. This is playoff hockey. Its the 2nd round. Game #4 was 4 games ago. What has he done since then besides turn the puck over constantly. He was never a good d-man and he never will be.
He single handily almost lost this game tonight and he's done the extact samething many many times before. A
I don't know if you noticed but for 5 or 6 shifts he was on the bench.
I want a consistant d-man. Not someone who passes the puck accurately 30% of the time.
Hamerlik has to play behind him incase he coughs the puck up. I don't know if you've noticed. Montreal doesn't need anymore offensive dmen. We need ones that are competent back there.

I really hope Brisebois has played his last game or has a huge reduction in ice time.

Old
04-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Holy Puck
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

We weren't a better team during the season with Dandenault and Breezer, I don't see why this should be different in the playoffs? Dandenault makes our 3rd (or 4th) line completely useless offensively; I'd rather have someone who can create opportunities like Tender or even Grabovski. Breezer is Mr. Turnover, does Carbo reall have to wait that we lose because of one of his moronic plays to bench him? We need Mr. Purse to be on the ice real bad!

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 11:43 PM
zurg999

Some of you guys calling for O'B must want to see a true turnover machine in the lineup. I'm with Natey2K, he hasn't been as bad as you're making him out to be. He's under a microscope.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 11:54 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richybaby View Post
Where were you when Brisebois played like a beast in 1st round ?

I bet you were the 1st one to congrats Carbo's choice
Like what?
Like a beast?....lol

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Holy Puck
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
Some of you guys calling for O'B must want to see a true turnover machine in the lineup. I'm with Natey2K, he hasn't been as bad as you're making him out to be. He's under a microscope.
If O'Byrne is a turnover machine, Brisebois is turnover GOD

'nuff said

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
When did Brisebois have a game-ending play in a negative form this year?

But yeah, he has a game-ending play.. because he scored the goal that sealed us a victory in Game #4.

So sure, he takes the cake.

Brisebois is going to screw up. He'll always do that. But if he keeps it simple (like he did in the 2nd and 3rd periods tonight) he can be effective and great piece in our lineup.

However, I've said this many times before, Brisebois could score a hat-trick, be +17, and people would still want to sit him because he made one bad giveaway. It's just the way it is.
The reason people would want to sit him is because he'll NEVER do that.

Come on, Brisebois has been weak for the past couple of games now. I don't care if he does nice passes from time to time, he's just incredibly weak in the corners and its been like that since th beginning of his career.

As far as i know, we got to where we are today thanks to O'Byrne and Streit. Breezer got lucky O'Byrne broke his thumb and got a chance to play as much during the season.
They were a bigger part of our D than Breezer IMO.
He and Dandenault missed a great part of the 2nd half of the season. I just don't get why all of the sudden, come playoff time, they're both in it.

Looking at the past couple of games, i just don't see how O'B and Lats would do a worse job than Breezer-Dandy.
I understand the veteran presence, but id much rather have the young kids give it their all and gain experience that will be beneficial over the next years, than 2 pretty much finished veterans.

O'Byrne is better defensively, he'll do mistakes, sure. But at this moment, so is Brisebois. Thats usually why you go with veterans, cause they won't do those type of mistakes. Breezer keeps doing them though.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:22 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esticallice View Post
If O'Byrne is a turnover machine, Brisebois is turnover GOD

'nuff said
Lookie here, forget the wishful thinking: I've watched O'B for the better part of two seasons in Hamilton. I like him and hope he continues to develop and can become a lineup player, because we can sure use the size. But he coughs up the puck more than enough to convince me Brisebois is a blessing in disguise.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:26 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

You know what? Just go with 5 D. Obviously Breezy sucks and many think O'Byrne isn't a viable alternative. I for one can not watch Brisebois out there anymore. He's a liability in our end. If the Habs are a charity organization, then by all means play him. We are in it to win the cup -therefore breezy must sit.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:38 AM
Slick Nick

Breezy sucks badly.. but he atleast creates some scoring chances. Lapierre and Dandy are two guys I would like to see getting some pressbox action.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:48 AM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Breezy sucks badly.. but he atleast creates some scoring chances. Lapierre and Dandy are two guys I would like to see getting some pressbox action.
Lapierre really? I think he has been the only bright spot on that line. He has forechecked hard, done everything he needs to do and has created a few scoring chances and also assisted on Streit's goal. I can see your reasoning for Dandenault, but not for Lapierre. Besides, who is going to replace him? And please, no one say Chips, because if you do, I will tell you why in my next reply.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Lapierre really? I think he has been the only bright spot on that line. He has forechecked hard, done everything he needs to do and has created a few scoring chances and also assisted on Streit's goal. I can see your reasoning for Dandenault, but not for Lapierre. Besides, who is going to replace him? And please, no one say Chips, because if you do, I will tell you why in my next reply.
His line's constantly in trouble in their own zone.. and Lapierre is a big part of the problem IMO. Offensively they're numb. As for the Streit goal, well it was Streit's goal... not Lapierre's..

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:16 AM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
His line's constantly in trouble in their own zone.. and Lapierre is a big part of the problem IMO. Offensively they're numb. As for the Streit goal, well it was Streit's goal... not Lapierre's..
I don't see how Lapierre is a problem, but regardless, who is going to replace him? We don't have any other centermen to plug in.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Philanthropist

Quote:
I don't see how Lapierre is a problem, but regardless, who is going to replace him? We don't have any other centermen to plug in.
GrAbo~ lol

Seriously though we should get Grabo in on the wing to play with Laps and Streit.

Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:26 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

Quote:
Chipchura.

And what's with everyone saying Lapierre's line isn't offensive.
Its not supposed to be, subsituting anyone on that line for Grabo, Lats etc, won't make a difference. They aren't there to score, that's what the first 2 lines are for.

When you people realize that Carbo or any coach EVER in the playoffs, never have 4 offensive lines. This isn't 1918 when there were 6 teams. Your team needs to be balanced.

Old
04-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Beakermania*

Get Breezy and Dandenault out please!!

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:57 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
So dress Ryder, which has done diddly squat all year or a 23 year old that is slower then Jason Allison with waxed skates...

I'd rather have Dandy who is semi-capable of playing defensively.
That line is basically a white-wash line. They are there to tire out the other team.
Tell me, do you watch the games or you just hate Ryder? The guy never makes a bad play defensively, hes surprisingly good at getting the puck out of the zone and wins battles along the boards. Watch the games carefully and you'll see. Dandenault is just labeled "defensive player" because hes useless on offense but the truth is that hes not even good on defense either.

Old
04-25-2008, 08:04 AM
Unspoken

Just a thought:
Maybe Carbonneau keeps playing Brisebois because he knows Markov is far from 100% and he knows he needs another D with offensive skills.

If Markov (and Streit for PPs) were in better condition, would he keep Brisebois in?

Dandenault, however, I can't find any good reason for keeping him in.
Carbo tried to have 3 good offensive line all seasons. Why does he suddenly think he only needs 2?

Unspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspoken View Post
Just a thought:
Maybe Carbonneau keeps playing Brisebois because he knows Markov is far from 100% and he knows he needs another D with offensive skills.

If Markov (and Streit for PPs) were in better condition, would he keep Brisebois in?

Dandenault, however, I can't find any good reason for keeping him in.
Carbo tried to have 3 good offensive line all seasons. Why does he suddenly think he only needs 2?
That does make sense.

Again though, if Brisebois can play like he did in the 2nd and 3rd periods of last night's game.. he won't cause too much stress. If he plays like he did in the first period of last nights game, please, play Valentenko or O'Byrne.

As for Dandenault.. at least Brisebois can create offensive scoring chances. Dandy is a waste of a lineup spot if they ever was one. I think we should go one of two ways with the forwards;

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev
Kosty - Pleks - Kosty
Begin - Smoke - Kosto
Streit - Lappy - Ryder

OR

Kostitsyn - Pleks - Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Streit - Higgins - Kovalev
Begin - Smoke - Kosto

Personally, #1 looks simple and easy. And the Streit, Ryder, and Lappy line proved they have some chemistry in that huge comeback win against the Rangers. Is it not worth at least a chance?

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:53 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
That does make sense.

Again though, if Brisebois can play like he did in the 2nd and 3rd periods of last night's game.. he won't cause too much stress. If he plays like he did in the first period of last nights game, please, play Valentenko or O'Byrne.

As for Dandenault.. at least Brisebois can create offensive scoring chances. Dandy is a waste of a lineup spot if they ever was one. I think we should go one of two ways with the forwards;

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev
Kosty - Pleks - Kosty
Begin - Smoke - Kosto
Streit - Lappy - Ryder

OR

Kostitsyn - Pleks - Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Streit - Higgins - Kovalev
Begin - Smoke - Kosto

Personally, #1 looks simple and easy. And the Streit, Ryder, and Lappy line proved they have some chemistry in that huge comeback win against the Rangers. Is it not worth at least a chance?
Im not here to complain about Brisebois but aside for the turnovers he makes, the main problem is that he loses too many one on one battles like the one in the corner for the second goal. I'd be ok with his brain cramps only if hed win more battles and thats something OByrne at least can give you.

Old
04-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Guy Germaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
You can ask also why is Dandy playing instead of Lats.
because Latendresse sucks, that's why.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Brisebois will play on game 2. Carbonneau will not remove him from the lineup after such a evident and clear mistake on his part. If he has an ordinary game once again the next one, then he'll remove him. But he has for his own player sake to not remove him from the lineup as clearly it would be because of that goal he scored....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote