HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Biron Game 1

Old
04-25-2008, 06:43 AM
Schwang

vCash: 500
Biron Game 1

Judging from the game last night, I think we had a much harder time with Thomas than we will have with Biron. I know it's 1 game, but Biron didn't look like anything special. If they don't get the goaltending, I'm predicting a quick series.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-25-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:04 AM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
I think we had a much harder time with Thomas than we will have with Biron. I know it's 1 game, but Biron didn't look like anything special. If they don't get the goaltending, I'm predicting a quick series.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Doctor House

Thomas feeds of emotion that's why he is stellar one night and brutal the next. Biron has a better technique but his rebound control reminds me of Aebischer.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

naw it's way too early. Game 1 was just wierd anyway.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Habbadasher

I was surprised at how far he comes out of the net. Many of the top goalies stay a little deeper, because goalies who go out so far, are subject to goals like the overtime goal, you are too far out to go cross crease.

Pick him apart boys!

Last edited by Habbadasher: 04-25-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I think we had a much harder time with Thomas than we will have with Biron. I know it's 1 game, but Biron didn't look like anything special. If they don't get the goaltending, I'm predicting a quick series.

I'm not making predictions based on that, but yeah, Biron looked pretty shaky. He gave up 4 and also had 2 posts and one that went in like 1 second after the buzzer...even if the Habs didn't play that good a game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:30 AM
BoNeS42

We should get this done in 4. Look at all the chances (post and all that) we had in that game. We just cleary outplayed them. We can control the puck wherever we want, so this should end fast. I hope atleast.

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
I was surprised at how far he comes out of the net. Many of the top goalies stay a little deeper, because goalies who go out so far, are subjet to goals like the overtime goal, you are too far out to go cross crease.
Kipper is the authority on challenging shots far out of the crease. It works well for him. Could work for Biron as well. What I'd like to see though is Montreal challenging Biron's 5-hole. He got beat between the pads by Brisebois and I feel Kosts made a mistake on the penalty shot by not going 5-hole. It does look like Biron over compensates coming far out of the crease with a more vulnerable 5-hole.

On another note, I was impressed with Biron's stick handling. I never realized he could play the puck this well. Habs will need to carry the puck into the offensive zone a little more, or at least keep it away from Biron when dumping it. Also his poke check on Pleks was superb.

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Sbufkle

Send a message via AIM to Sbufkle Send a message via MSN to Sbufkle
Quote:
I agree with the G1 performance

Biron made a great stop on the penalty shot and a good poke check on a prtial break. But yeah, he didnt set the world on fire.. Biron, like thoas was is untested in playofffs, so who knows when the pressure is there... he stopped 39 in the ot win vs caps... but who really knows!!!

Sbufkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:12 AM
WestIslander

In my opinion Biron was never a starting goalie in the NHL and I don't think he will be down the stretch. Even Barnaby said last night on the Team 990 that he is good friends with Biron, but doesn't think he has what it takes to be a starting goalie in the NHL. Before the series started, I was afraid that he would come in here like Lalime, Giguere, Luongo or any other Montreal native goalie and steal the show, but it didn't seem like it. I still think that Montreal will beat the Flyers in six, especially if Kovalev keeps playing this way.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:17 AM
RE-HABS

Two totally different styles.

Thomas is a classic flopper and plays by throwing his body into the puck, nothiung nice about his game but he gets it done.

Biron is a good technical goalie with size and great positioning.

Biron's down fall will be his defense because they aren't fast enough to combat the Habs speed, also Biron may get worn a bit because he hasn't been a #1 in a couple of years having been behind Miller in Buffalo. His 62 + games this year is the most he has played in 4 years, and at 31 these are his first playoff career games as well...giving him no edge over Price in experience in that category.

Biron may have a good record life time against the Habs, but that was a Sabre...not a Flyer.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote