Good Gabby Article

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2004, 12:16 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

vCash: 500
Good Gabby Article

Thought you guys might find this story interesting. Alot of good quotes from Gabby and Lemaire. Most of you local guys have probably already seen this...

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1330/4367846.html

Old
02-10-2004, 12:33 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCoN
Thought you guys might find this story interesting. Alot of good quotes from Gabby and Lemaire. Most of you local guys have probably already seen this...

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1330/4367846.html
Good read. Reminds me of Schultz a bit, in that Lemaire says it's tough to know what he's thinking. Wish these young guys would open up to the coaches a bit.. .maybe they're worried about the response.

Old
02-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Gaborik10

He always seemed like a strange personality to me....

"Sometimes the negative energy overwhelms me. . . . Even when I was younger. There's always something in me that frustrates me at times. Sometimes it brings positive. Sometimes it brings negative."

Where does this come from? It's just wierd. Obviously, Risebrough is right. He understands it...to a point, but doesn't really have it because he hasn't seen the benefit. I just don't think he's figured out what kind of player he really wants to be for the Wild yet. We'll have to give him time. Obviously, a lot of people are impatient with him, and rightly so....but maybe it's time we leave him alone and stop ragging on him. Everyone's only been doing it for since november. I believe in positive encouragment. He equates scoring with success, and scoring only, and I think that's gonna have to change for him to realize his potential. I dunno. I just think we're going to have to give him some time here. I'd rather wait a bit and have him develop the right way, than have him have him be a streaky player who equates success with scoring his entire career. What about you guys? Are you willing to wait?

Old
02-10-2004, 01:50 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

I'm defiantly willing to wait. I think he could be a hell of a player if he just grows up a little bit. Remember he is only going to be 22 in a few days(Valentines day I think ). He's already shown that he can score in this league. After 3 years of scoring pretty much at will, NHL defensemen have figured him out. They know how to shut him down. Doug talked about it a little bit in the story. He needs to learn some new moves and trust his linemates a little more. Maybe he needs to consintrate on assist's rather then goals for a while. Then the goals will come naturaly.

Comment on ceber's reply:

It could be that they don't want to hear the response, or could it be the fact that Lemaire and his coaching staff have all pretty much had HOF careers and that the kids (gabby, shultz, PMB, Burns) won't live up to there HOF coaches expectations. Or are they scared that they will get yelled at if they miss one of the coaches defensive assignments. And its making them think way too much, rather then just playing the game the way they could before the NHL.

I could be way off on this, but it's something to think about.

Last edited by NyCoN: 02-10-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old
02-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Gaborik10

Yeah. I think we all know what he's capable of doing. To me he's young kid with tremendous ability.There's great potential in Gaborik, great potential. It's just like greatness; it's a dream. The question is, will it be realized? That right there is what we don't know. It's too soon to say he'll be a great player. It's also too soon to write him off as a could've-been. It's risky either way, but it's a risk we're going to have to take as a team. He's obviously the one guy I always noticed that when he scored and was playing well, so did the other guys. It's just a natural. He energizes his teammates. That's rare. We've flashes of true blilliance(anyone else think his performance in the series vs VAN was a sight to behold?!), but like I say, it's just too early to tell. I'm willing to wait.

Old
02-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik10
(anyone else think his performance in the series vs VAN was a sight to behold?!)
Totally agree, he was dominating. Easily the best player in that series, although Willie and Wes weren't too shabby either. Marian reached elite status that very series IMO. 17 points in two series' (0 points against the Ducks obviously) and led all playoff scorers I think until like Game five or six of the Cup Finals...and he scored his last point in the second round!

I guess that is why it is such a disappointment how this year shook down. Our guy, seemingly at the pinnacle of his development, took a wrong turn and his performance suffered along with the team.

Well, he has been known to do most of his scoring in a half of a season, so here's to hitting maybe 20 goals and finnishing out strong.

Old
02-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Gaborik10

Definately some great moments in those playoffs for him, speaking from a purely personal view towards Gaborik(Obviously, the other players were awesome too). This is part of his development as I see it. From reading that article, I guess this was coming. He needs to learn that he can be helpful and have success from other things. He didn't learn that before. That's why I don't think the holdout is the real reason he isn't having success.

Closed Thread