HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Feds on CBJ

Old
04-25-2008, 01:00 PM
stoney17

vCash: 500
Feds on CBJ

In a blog from the Washington Times (Corey Masiack), here are a couple responses from Sergei Fedorov. Makes you wonder . . .

SERGEI FEDOROV

Q: Thought about the future yet?

It is just not important at the moment. I just have to settle down and let everything sort of soak in and go from there. I have to talk to my family and figure out what to do next. I don't want to make my decision on my own.

Q: Could you have imagined this type of year for yourself in November?

It was pretty gloomy in Columbus. It was fun playing with the guys and everything, but as far as everything else was just average. I just tried to come to work and work hard. When I got traded I was completely upside down. I had to remember a lot of things I have done well in the past.

stoney17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:10 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney17 View Post
In a blog from the Washington Times (Corey Masiack), here are a couple responses from Sergei Fedorov. Makes you wonder . . .

SERGEI FEDOROV

Q: Thought about the future yet?

It is just not important at the moment. I just have to settle down and let everything sort of soak in and go from there. I have to talk to my family and figure out what to do next. I don't want to make my decision on my own.

It was pretty gloomy in Columbus. It was fun playing with the guys and everything, but as far as everything else was just average. I just tried to come to work and work hard. When I got traded I was completely upside down. I had to remember a lot of things I have done well in the past.
What a class act he was

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 700
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
What a class act he was
What's your problem with what he said?

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:15 PM
PubOFH

Gloomy and average. Come on...he was the highest paid player on the team...and mailed it in most nights. He was brought in to help win and change the atmosphere. The least he could do is lie and say he had a good time.

He is probably just still upset that he got traded off a cup winner. That team WON the cup because of his trade away. Bitter old man.

Old
04-25-2008, 01:15 PM
blahblah

Thanks. You might want to post the link to the article since you are quoting it.

Not sure what I am supposed to be wondering here. Sounds like more "robotic Federov" chatter. Wouldn't be the first player to not like a system or complain about the team he left.

At least the dude showed up for game 7. Too bad they lost.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Who is this Fedorov?

Old
04-25-2008, 01:29 PM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

i dont blame him, it is gloomy although he didnt do much to help (as far as we know)

kidAcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:32 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Who is this Fedorov?
A topic I wish would die in a fiery blaze. A dark chapter in Bluejackets lore.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Mingo

older players such as feds don't like coaches like hitch.... it's seen across all sports.

damn i don't follow football enough anymore to remember names... but look at the guy on the NY Giants.... coughlin? Every offseason you'd hear the vets hate this guy. I don't even know if he's the guy that won them the superbowl this year, but the giants only kinda sorta won a championship to show for the hard work they had to put up with in previous seasons.

Not that Hitch WILL win a championship here, but he's good for the team

Mingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:18 PM
BluejacketNut

Ive got no problem with what he said, he was asked a question and he responded. If youre saying he mailed it in most nights, hell, what does that make guys like Hainsey? Feds was still our 2nd best stick handler and probably our best defensive forward.

And as far as the one article stated, a LOT of players dont want to play for Hitch, where theres smoke theres fire.

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:21 PM
FiveHole23

The org should put a hit out on him, so we can get some FAs to sign here.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Gloomy and average. Come on...he was the highest paid player on the team...and mailed it in most nights. He was brought in to help win and change the atmosphere. The least he could do is lie and say he had a good time.

He is probably just still upset that he got traded off a cup winner. That team WON the cup because of his trade away. Bitter old man.
Feds was telling the truth, whether we the fans like it or not, it IS gloomy, so is the locker room.

Timeless Winter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:54 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
I had to remember a lot of things I have done well in the past.
What like play a supporting cast role behind Ovechkin, Backstrom and Green?

Kind of like the good ole days when he was behind Yzerman, Shanahan and Lindstrom.

Just to bad we didn't have the players here to allow him to be in a supporting role. We needed him to be the man for us and he wasn't able to do it.

Howson surely has his work cut out for him this summer - we need guys who want to be the men and carry this team every night - not be passengers. Unfortunately those are best drafted and developed as to traded or signed for. We haven't been good at any of it.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:57 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Feds was telling the truth, whether we the fans like it or not, it IS gloomy, so is the locker room.
I'm sure the Caps locker room was gloomy the first half of last year as well. He arrived and was a passenger when the going got good - simple as that.

He contributed as much to that org changing as he did here which is to say he didn't make a lick of difference to either.

It will be interesting to see if the Caps resign this guy.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJrumble View Post
The org should put a hit out on him, so we can get some FAs to sign here.
We should align ourselves with the Russian Mob, if Fedorov stops paying them...

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:18 PM
CBJFan#1

Feds was a lot more than a supporting role with the Wings. big time scoring, superb defensive play.

CBJFan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:32 PM
CBJSlash

Sergei can play golf with us now. The Caps wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs in the West.

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:51 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan#1 View Post
Feds was a lot more than a supporting role with the Wings. big time scoring, superb defensive play.

True, true... but some guys are great when they have a great cast. Others, like Nash, are great IN SPITE OF their supporting cast.

I watched all the Caps-Philly games and was impressed with Feds' movement, passing and positioning. Superb. But I wonder how much of that is due to the "trade bump" a lot of these guys get when joining a new team. One wonders how long it would have lasted.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:04 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:

Hey, AVERAGE is an improvement for us.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:12 PM
DougKnowsBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
True, true... but some guys are great when they have a great cast. Others, like Nash, are great IN SPITE OF their supporting cast.

I watched all the Caps-Philly games and was impressed with Feds' movement, passing and positioning. Superb. But I wonder how much of that is due to the "trade bump" a lot of these guys get when joining a new team. One wonders how long it would have lasted.

he can skate around all day by himself by it wont accomplish anything unless other guys where moving with him

i can only assume thats the way he wants to play. hitch's system doesn't jive with guys skating into different areas like you see teams like the capitols do. so in my mind thats what he was talking about. i dont think he liked hitch philosophy that defensive positioning starts with how you attack offensively.

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:23 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

When I watched him "skate," most of the time he was just gliding up and down the ice.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
True, ... but at least we didn't have to listen to him whine about incompetent and illegal alien workers installing crappy, cheap plastic siding from China.

"Bitter old man?" :snort: apparently.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:36 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Feds has always been better as the second banana or on a team with a lot of other upper echeleon players.... its no surprise about his comments if you ask me.

You look for a player like Fedorov to lead on the ice, unfortunately, in Columbus, he couldn't lead by example because he was playing with fringe NHL guys with almost zero skill on most nights.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
DougKnowsBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
True, ... but at least we didn't have to listen to him whine about incompetent and illegal alien workers installing crappy, cheap plastic siding from China.

what happens in the lounge should stay in the lounge

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 09:12 PM
PubOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post

That siding was made right here in Columbus