HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Feds on CBJ

Old
04-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Prophecy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Granny View Post
I'm chuckling too, John. And you may rest assured that my part in this free "entertainment" is over.
The gloves were dropped and now I'm in the box.
I respect and appreciate your opinions....

I just think people (at times) react a bit strongly to some of the things that other members say here (one in particular) and it gets a bit comical...

I appreciate both sides of most of the arguments here...even when some directly disagree with my point of view--which is often.

That said, I wish I could say I haven't been amply tweaked off on a few occassions either lol

Prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I usually get by by just sitting back and pointing and laughing as the flame wars go on. That way I get my entertainment AND avoid getting drawn in. It's very effective!

On the actual topic - I keep getting the impression that in Feds' case, nobody involved was particularly comfortable with the situation (Feds wanting to Just Play vs. others wanting him to Be An Influential Superstar) and so things were working out to the satisfaction of nobody involved. I don't think he'd be bitter per se; just relieved to be out of such an awkward situation.

Keep in mind, also, that he pretty much never spoke his mind while he was here thanks first to MacLean and later to habit brought about by same. Maybe if he stuck around here for a while longer he might have gotten over that, but he didn't.

Ultimately, tho, I don't care if he approves of the system here or not, so long as it works. I'm still willing to give it time.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 07:39 AM
LaCosta Nostra

The system has definitely improved our defensive play which was lacking in the previous seasons. Now we just need some offense and we'll be ready to motor!

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:26 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Granny View Post
No, Lee. The whole "booing" thing is just everyone's personal opinion. I am a non-booer. Period. No matter what. But, I can most certainly understand why some of our fans feel Foote deserves that treatment.
I'm not a non-boo-er when it comes to the refs and to the opposing team.
I consider it my solemn duty as a fan to boo the other team, at the appropriate time and place (not every time someone touches the puck). And now Mr Foote is an opposing player. He wouldn't respect us if we didn't boo him. Plus, you know the boys on the bench will pop a few wry smiles when the crowd lets loose.

Of course, I'll be moved out of state by the time this opportunity rolls around, but I'll be booing my tv, I can assure you of that. (Note: I always liked Footer too)

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:35 AM
LaCosta Nostra

I only boo bad calls/non calls, but have never booed a player and never would unless Tootoo did his 22 sign after a fight or something really showy to the fans. I won't boo Foote, but I'll be anxiously waiting to see it happen. Trying to remember if we've been booers of any other players in the Nat. I remember boos for Bertuzzi for sure, but can't think of any others off the top of my head.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidAcbj View Post
i dont blame him, it is gloomy although he didnt do much to help (as far as we know)
Yep, I really don't see anything in these comments worth causing an uproar. We have a cloud hanging over our heads, but Feds didn't do much to bring out the sun either.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 11:07 AM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Since I am the Original Fedorov Hater I feel it is my duty to add my 2 cents.

If it were that Fedorov had just lost a step, I would not dislike him so much. He wanted paid like a superstar when he went to the Ducks. He got it. When he was here...he was still paid like a superstar. But he often dogged it. It was very easy to tell when Fedorov flipped his switch in to the "I give a crap for 8 seconds" mode. I wanted that switch on 20 min a game....ESPECIALLY for superstar money. If you want the status and the money then you have to be ready for people to bash you when you mail it in most nights. Then put a mouth on the coach and team when you leave. Not a big mouth...but a mouth none the less. Hitch didnt throw him under the bus like he could have. Hitch has class. Fedorov is a old primadona. We were no better with him in the lineup than before or after he came here...and that is HIS fault...because of his lack of effort.

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote