HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009 depth chart

Old
04-28-2008, 10:09 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Straka - Dubinsky - Jagr
Avery - Gomez - Ryder
Drury - Anisimov - Dawes
Callahan - Betts - Sjostrom

Rozsival - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Orpik - Potter

Lundqvist / Valiquette

Extras: Orr, Hollweg, Backman, Strudwick

Give Potter a chance out of camp. Girardi clone. Ridiculously steady defenseman.
if jagr and straka come back, i dont want ryder....i would rather move drury up to gomez's wing and move callahan up because orr will play most nights...and i would switch dawes and avery..

jagr-dubi-straka
dawes-gomez-drury
callahan-anisimov-avery
sjostrom-betts-orr/hollweg

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8 View Post
Dawes-Gomez-Hossa (Shanny + Jagr's Salary)
Avery (Straka's salary)-Dubinsky-Drury
Sjostrom-Anisimov-Prucha
Moore-Betts-Orr

Staal-Campbell (Mara, Malik and Rosie's salary)
Tyutin-Girardi
Orpik (Kaspar's-Struds salary)-Sanguinetti

I would pay to see this team play. Could this work financially?
I dont know. We have somewhere from 32-34 locked up.

Figure it takes 7-9 million to get Hossa, 6-8 million to get Campbell, 2.5-4.5 million to get Avery, 2.5-4.5 to get Orpik...At the very best scenario, using the lowest figures for each that comes out to 18 million for those guys. Our line is then 50-52 million.

I'm not sure I even want Campbell..next year might suck!

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:10 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
I dont know. We have somewhere from 32-34 locked up.

Figure it takes 7-9 million to get Hossa, 6-8 million to get Campbell, 2.5-4.5 million to get Avery, 2.5-4.5 to get Orpik...At the very best scenario, using the lowest figures for each that comes out to 18 million for those guys. Our line is then 50-52 million.

I'm not sure I even want Campbell..next year might suck!
i dont want hossa or campbell.....i would rather let the young guys play.....or make a BIG trade if the need for scoring is that large

Old
04-28-2008, 10:16 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Ryder is going to silence his critics.

3 consecutive season with at least 25 goals with two 30 goal seasons before this years fluke frustration.

Once he gets the hell out of that city, he will get on a roll.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:36 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Ryder is going to silence his critics.

3 consecutive season with at least 25 goals with two 30 goal seasons before this years fluke frustration.

Once he gets the hell out of that city, he will get on a roll.
he was the one i liked from the beginning because i think he will be the cheapest and he plays on a fast paced team which would work well with gomez.....

Old
04-28-2008, 11:06 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
he was the one i liked from the beginning because i think he will be the cheapest and he plays on a fast paced team which would work well with gomez.....
His down year will work to everyones advantage.

Who ever is looking to add a scoring winger for a bargain price will be going after Ryder.

Ryder is FAR better then the season he had. He is miserable in Montreal. He is being treated like dirt.

He IS a 30 goal scorer. Two back to back 30 goal seasons preceeded by a 25 goal season is not a fluke.

He would fit perfectly with this team. He would fill a few needs.

He would fit PERFECTLY with Gomez. Make that line a legit scoring threat.

He would drastically improve our Power Play and give us two units.

He would add speed to the second line, scoring depth on the roster, and he will NOT cost nearly as much as other free agents that won't produce like he will.

He is not as bad defensively as he is being made out to be. He is not as soft as he is being made out to be.

Renney will make sure he learns our system and contributes defensively.

There IS NO downside to it. He is 28 years old. Young enough to be here for a while. Especially when Jagr and co are gone. His skill would be valuable.

There is no chance he would be a bust here, we have a great group of players that stick up for one another.

Old
04-28-2008, 11:45 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

Who ever is looking to add a scoring winger for a bargain price will be going after Ryder.

Ryder is FAR better then the season he had. He is miserable in Montreal. He is being treated like dirt.

He IS a 30 goal scorer. Two back to back 30 goal seasons preceeded by a 25 goal season is not a fluke.

He would add speed to the second line, scoring depth on the roster, and he will NOT cost nearly as much as other free agents that won't produce like he will.

He is not as bad defensively as he is being made out to be. He is not as soft as he is being made out to be.

There IS NO downside to it. He is 28 years old. Young enough to be here for a while. Especially when Jagr and co are gone. His skill would be valuable.

There is no chance he would be a bust here, we have a great group of players that stick up for one another.
yea....i agree.....i think he would be the smartest choice due to the pricetag and his scoring ability....he is the best pure goal scorer on the market....rolston i think is too old.....and huselius can be totally and utterly invisible and dangle too much with the puck...ryder has a world class wrist-shot and his speed would be an upgrade over the slow shanahan

Old
04-29-2008, 01:04 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Straka - Dubinsky - Jagr
Avery - Gomez - Ryder
Drury - Anisimov - Dawes
Callahan - Betts - Sjostrom

Rozsival - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Orpik - Potter

Lundqvist / Valiquette

Extras: Orr, Hollweg, Backman, Strudwick

Give Potter a chance out of camp. Girardi clone. Ridiculously steady defenseman.
why potter and not hutchinson?

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:31 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
i think both will be fighting for a job, however potter i think would fit the system better as he is steady and makes the easy play like girardi did when he was brought up

Old
04-29-2008, 01:54 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Because Potter is ridiculously steady.

Hutchinson is 28 years old and couldn't hack it in the NHL...

His stats are great in the AHL. Because he is a veteran in the AHL at 28.

Potter is 24 and was a +32 this year. Never once had a +/1 rating on the negative side.

Dan Girardi clone.

Old
04-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Ola

Quote:

I am not overly high or down on Ryder.

But I don't thinkthat he is a sniper.

He is really talented, he is really slick, he got great acceleration and is hard to knock of the puck. But he is a headsdown player. Just like Matt Cullen. He is basically Matt Cullen but on the wing and with a better shot and worse playmaking skills.

Thats a negative aspect, but he is also really talented. He can create offense out of nothing, and who knows, maybe he could pick up a thing or two from Gomez.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:51 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I was optimistic coming into this game, but there's no way they are coming back from 3-0. That said, it's time to retool a bit.

Out: Jagr, Shanahan, Straka, Mara, Malik, Rozsival, Valiquette, & Avery, (sorry Avery lovers, he's not a playoff performer).

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:54 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I was optimistic coming into this game, but there's no way they are coming back from 3-0. That said, it's time to retool a bit.

Out: Jagr, Shanahan, Straka, Mara, Malik, Rozsival, Valiquette, & Avery, (sorry Avery lovers, he's not a playoff performer).
Care to share who you want to fill those holes?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:56 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:

to word it better, how about avery "not a 2nd round performer"?

saying he's not a playoff performer is a bit strong.

Old
04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Care to share who you want to fill those holes?
I'm not a GM, so I can't say who the Rangers can/will sign. However, from the minors I'd like to see Sauer, Potter, Sanguinetti on D. Anisimov, Korpikoski, Byers, and Parenteau in as Forwards. Either Wiikman or LeNeveu as Backup Goalie.

Quote:
to word it better, how about avery "not a 2nd round performer"?

saying he's not a playoff performer is a bit strong.
Games get tougher and the opponents more difficult as you go on. If you can't perform in the second round then you're not a playoff performer. There are 4 rounds, not just the first.

BTW, this team needs some more players who can throw a punishing hit. We're just too soft for the playoffs. If you want to win in the playoffs you must be able to make the opponent pay and wear them down each and every game. We have some good skill players, now we need to bulk up.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 04-29-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old
04-29-2008, 10:11 PM
beastly115

Quote:
I'm not a GM, so I can't say who the Rangers can/will sign. However, from the minors I'd like to see Sauer, Potter, Sanguinetti on D. Anisimov, Korpikoski, Byers, and Parenteau in as Forwards. Either Wiikman or LeNeveu as Backup Goalie.

Games get tougher and the opponents more difficult as you go on. If you can't perform in the second round then you're not a playoff performer. There are 4 rounds, not just the first.

BTW, this team needs some more players who can throw a punishing hit. We're just too soft for the playoffs. If you want to win in the playoffs you must be able to make the opponent pay and wear them down each and every game. We have some good skill players, now we need to bulk up.
Well, who would you like to see then? And don't expect all those rookies from Hartford to make up for the production of Jagr, Straka and Shanny. Our lineup would rival this year's Islanders and it's likely we'd be competing with them for 9th place.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Well, who would you like to see then? And don't expect all those rookies from Hartford to make up for the production of Jagr, Straka and Shanny. Our lineup would rival this year's Islanders and it's likely we'd be competing with them for 9th place.
now jagr says "game 4 might be his last game"

make-or-break offseason for sather

Old
04-29-2008, 10:19 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
I don't make the decisions, I don't evaluate players, I don't know who would fit in this team and who would play well in this system. Who I want/like doesn't make two s***s worth a difference. Of course Sather's going to bring in some UFAs. If anyone out of all those guys I mentioned, I'd want Jagr back, but that's it. I just see the problems of this team and those are the players I think should be replaced. Even Jagr it may be his time, I feel management wants to end the Jagr era and usher in the Drury/Gomez era.

Old
04-29-2008, 11:57 PM
NYR Viper

here is what i would LIKE TO SEE:

out: shanahan, straka, rozsival, malik, mara, valiquette

resigned: avery, jagr, dawes, strudwick

signed: orpik, ryder, conklin

brought up: potter, jessiman/korpikoski

jagr-dubinsky-avery
ryder-gomez-dawes
callahan-drury-jessiman/korpikoski
sjostrom-betts-orr
hollweg, prucha(traded or sat)

staal-orpik
tyutin-girardi
backman-potter
struds

hank
conklin

i thik that team right there could make the playoffs and do some damage....however it all relies on jagr coming back to the team....if he doesnt i say attempt to replace him by trade and if not possible, graduate one of the kids in hartford and juggle the lines.....i think ryder would be a good fit with gomez.....and i think the drury line could use more size...

Old
04-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
However, from the minors I'd like to see Sauer, Potter, Sanguinetti on D. Anisimov, Korpikoski, Byers, and Parenteau in as Forwards. Either Wiikman or LeNeveu as Backup Goalie.
sweet

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:01 AM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:

jagr-dubinsky-avery
ryder-gomez-dawes
sjostrom-betts-orr

staal-orpik
tyutin-girardi
backman-potter
struds

hank
conklin

i thik that team right there could make the playoffs and do some damage....however it all relies on jagr coming back to the team....if he doesnt i say attempt to replace him by trade and if not possible, graduate one of the kids in hartford and juggle the lines.....i think ryder would be a good fit with gomez.....and i think the drury line could use more size...
cherepanov instead of ryder especially if jagr would be here just for 1 year. the plan was to have jags develop this kid

Old
04-30-2008, 12:03 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
cherepanov instead of ryder especially if jagr would be here just for 1 year. the plan was to have jags develop this kid
i would love to see cheraponov over in NA next year, but he has already stated he is going to stay in russia one more year

Old
04-30-2008, 12:05 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:

jagr-dubinsky-avery
ryder-gomez-dawes
sjostrom-betts-orr

staal-orpik
tyutin-girardi
backman-potter
struds

hank
conklin

I don't mind the team, but I don't think they could do some damage, our team now is better than this one.

couple comments:

-If Jagr comes back do we keep Straka?, if not, bye bye to both
-I'd keep Mara, he's a good steady vet, we need at least one
-I don't see why we can't keep Vally, he fine and loves his role and the team and is a decent backup
-ryder?? I'd take him, but meh
-I really want to see Sjo in a better role, the man can play
-would like to see Byers get a spot, if Jessiman or Korpedo can play, give em one too

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:10 AM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
i would love to see cheraponov over in NA next year, but he has already stated he is going to stay in russia one more year
well in that case, jags might go there

Old
04-30-2008, 12:23 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I don't mind the team, but I don't think they could do some damage, our team now is better than this one.

couple comments:

-If Jagr comes back do we keep Straka?, if not, bye bye to both
-I'd keep Mara, he's a good steady vet, we need at least one
-I don't see why we can't keep Vally, he fine and loves his role and the team and is a decent backup
-ryder?? I'd take him, but meh
-I really want to see Sjo in a better role, the man can play
-would like to see Byers get a spot, if Jessiman or Korpedo can play, give em one too
idk....i love straka, but i feel like he will retire after this year.....he has some injuries and he is a great guy.....i think that lineup could do some damage....they are more physical and tougher on the backend(plus more experienced)....conklin could play 20 games to give hank some time off so he doesnt overexert himself and i think ryder will not be too expensive and i think his speed will greatly improve the team speed....

i like sjostrom too, and it depends on who comes back but i wouldnt mind seeing him on the third line if byers is the most ready prospect or putting jessiman onthe 4th and moving sjostrom up, however if there is only one spot open and its between korpikoski and sjostrom on the third line spot, i would choose korpi