HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tell 'em Stan!

Old
04-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Honestly, I think we come back from this game fired up. The whole worlds against us, and its just us vs everyone. the rangers play their best when they think they are the underdog. right now, i like our chances more than i did before the start of this series.

i wasnt sure we could score on MAF, but now that I know we can, I like our chances a whole lot more.
They should have won THIS game tonight...I see the opposite happening to this team, and all the wind in their sails disappears.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:10 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Tighten up the defense and we can win this thing.

They HAVE TO believe in themselves.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Unpredictable1

Kelly Hrudey summed it up best for Fleury - wipe your forehead and go "WHEW!" because you had no right winning this game.

I watched this game, the Rangers were lucky to be up 3-0 because they played well below their potential but that was fleury being shakey (masked by PITTS offensive pressure). Their PK was awesome though - kudos there.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:21 PM
yanks2000*

ruutu = punk

yanks2000* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

It wasn't against the rules when Avery did it. The NHL made a big show of making a new rule, only to then not call it the first time it happens. Tell me again how I'm supposed to take this league seriously?

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:05 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

im not even gonna watch game 2, i'd rather watch the 3-7 rounds of NFL draft, if you think the reffing was bad today wait til sunday

NBC=Everyone gets the game=Ref's want to make Crosby have a PP oppurtunity every chance they get

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:10 AM
ghirshorn

We need to stop blaming the refs even if they do suck at life, Sunday is a new day

ghirshorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:47 AM
OCD

Ruutu was warned because the puck had not yet been dropped. I think it is fair that they gave him a warning.

Stan is just going nuts because he is really the hadest of the hardcore ranger fans...due to his job over the years covering the devils/islanders he has had to hide this.

OCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:07 AM
blue2noise

I agree with inferno. The goal all along was to try to get one in Pittsburgh. There's no way I'm giving up on this team after one close loss.That being said they need to pull the defensive together tomorrow and move on. I really feel like they can win tomorrow. No one here thought we would sweep them.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:15 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Need someone to pull a Scott Stevens on Crosby . He never gets his clock cleaned, ever. Yeah he gets roughed up a bit, but you never see anyone really lay him out. Someone's gotta teach him a lesson for all the bs he pulls out there. Play like a man or pay the price.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Need someone to pull a Scott Stevens on Crosby . He never gets his clock cleaned, ever. Yeah he gets roughed up a bit, but you never see anyone really lay him out. Someone's gotta teach him a lesson for all the bs he pulls out there. Play like a man or pay the price.
Oddly enough....that man would probably be Avery and that might get him suspended or something considering his rep....I hate that ****

Crosby's not exactly easy to lay out either...the kid is real shifty.

Anyhow...I vote YES to laying his ass out.

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Wonder if they'll do it like in the movie slapshot, Shannahan goes on msg and offers money for the first one to take Cindy's head off

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:10 PM
92hatchattack

Jagr should lay him out... imagine the pain he could inflict if he would use that 240lbs frame to lay people out.... Think about Ovechkin hits with an added 25lbs behind the force.. LOL

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Hunter07

Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
As an Isles fan (so obvi I have some biases) no ref is going to call that a penalty in any game.

The Crosby diving is one thing because that last call was very very weak, but no ref is going to call a guy taunting another guy like that before a faceoff. People keep saying how the refs should keep their whistles in their mouth and let them play, but in this situation they should of called a penatly? I just think thats taunting and getting in some ones head, thats not a penalty. Just like the one called on Straka, neither were penalties. Thats just my opinion, I know I disagree with a lot of point of views here.

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:21 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
I never thought I'd post something like this, but I do think its time for someone to slash Crosby and break his freaking arm. You see, as disgusting and putrid as the act is, a message needs to be sent, not to sidney, but to the league. If their gonna call everything that goes on near him, and then turn a blind eye when he dives, it appears its in the players hands to officiate the game and provide justice. It broke my heart watching that little ***** and the league turn Marty Straka into a goat. Straka has been a class act in the league for what 17 years? Just wrong!

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:35 PM
92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
As an Isles fan (so obvi I have some biases) no ref is going to call that a penalty in any game.

The Crosby diving is one thing because that last call was very very weak, but no ref is going to call a guy taunting another guy like that before a faceoff. People keep saying how the refs should keep their whistles in their mouth and let them play, but in this situation they should of called a penatly? I just think thats taunting and getting in some ones head, thats not a penalty. Just like the one called on Straka, neither were penalties. Thats just my opinion, I know I disagree with a lot of point of views here.
So if you say this, you must also be ok with the play Avery made on Broduer right? He was just taunting him so its ok.

Aperently the NHL does not see the situation in the same light.

Old
04-26-2008, 12:38 PM
92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
I never thought I'd post something like this, but I do think its time for someone to slash Crosby and break his freaking arm. You see, as disgusting and putrid as the act is, a message needs to be sent, not to sidney, but to the league. If their gonna call everything that goes on near him, and then turn a blind eye when he dives, it appears its in the players hands to officiate the game and provide justice. It broke my heart watching that little ***** and the league turn Marty Straka into a goat. Straka has been a class act in the league for what 17 years? Just wrong!

Agreed .... if there was ever a time and a need for Renney to send someone out to take a man out.... its Crosby... and its right now.

I dont think we need to slash him and break his arm..... but i think he needs to be hit so hard he that he wont remember his name. A big clean open ice, in your face, lights the **** out sort of hit.

Old
04-26-2008, 12:47 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
Agreed .... if there was ever a time and a need for Renney to send someone out to take a man out.... its Crosby... and its right now.

I dont think we need to slash him and break his arm..... but i think he needs to be hit so hard he that he wont remember his name. A big clean open ice, in your face, lights the **** out sort of hit.
I would agree with you if it was just Crosby that needed the message, but unfortunately its the league front office as well, it has nothing to do with the Rangers not getting breaks. The league has to learn if these guys are gonna play there hearts out all year there atleast entitled to some decent consistent officiating...and unfortunately at this point Sidney Crosby has to be the target because hes the only player the league seems to care about..

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:52 PM
ihatenewjersey

we just gotta play our game

we have an amazing amount of adversity waiting to be summoned, dont worry

LET's GO RANGERS

ihatenewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post

As my Flyer fan friend said to me a couple hours ago, if they are going to call everything that happens to Crosby, real or imagined, you might as well make them count.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 01:08 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
As my Flyer fan friend said to me a couple hours ago, if they are going to call everything that happens to Crosby, real or imagined, you might as well make them count.
Haha, of course it's a Flyer fan. I like!

And for the longest time I hated Stan, but this is a serious boost in my respect for him to basically call out the refs. Very cool, very cool.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:19 PM
avery16*

alot of you are saying the rangers should try to knock crosby out.. well im sure the rangers arent going to go out of their way to get at this guy, who im sorry was pretty much invisible to me except for his "drawn" penalties. and im pretty sure if the opportunity presented it self to a ranger to line crosby it, it would be done..

i think crosby needs to be hit every time he touches the puck, whether its jagr or orr.. hit this guy, it adds up over a 7 game series for sure.

avery16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 11:37 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
that is so true. Let Dubi or Cally deck Cindy and maybe it will show him not to be a ****ing baby.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
its interpreted as any play where a stick is held high without being a hockey play is called unsportsmanlike.

Either way, its a penalty, I think we can all agree on that. Meh, whatever, I dont really care, im not going to harp too much on this. MAF looked very beatable tonight, I think we still win this series. I like the way the Rangers react when they have their backs against the wall. I expect them to play much better in game 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
It wasn't against the rules when Avery did it. The NHL made a big show of making a new rule, only to then not call it the first time it happens. Tell me again how I'm supposed to take this league seriously?
If you had bothered to read about the rule change instead of assuming you knew what it was, you'd see that the "Avery rule" only applies to goaltenders:

"An unsportsmanlike conduct minor penalty will be interpreted and applied, effective immediately, to a situation when an offensive player positions himself facing the opposition goaltender and engages in actions such as waving his arms or stick in front of the goaltender's face, for the purpose of improperly interfering with and/or distracting the goaltender as opposed to positioning himself to try to make a play," Colin Campbell, the NHL director of hockey operations said in a statement.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...very_incident/

Guess the refs know more about it than your average HF poster. Shocker.

And Fischler shows once again that he's out to lunch.

Last edited by Rowdy Roddy Peeper: 04-27-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 02:09 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordark View Post
If you had bothered to learn read about the rule change instead of assuming you knew what it was, you'd see that the "Avery rule" only applies to goaltenders:

"An unsportsmanlike conduct minor penalty will be interpreted and applied, effective immediately, to a situation when an offensive player positions himself facing the opposition goaltender and engages in actions such as waving his arms or stick in front of the goaltender's face, for the purpose of improperly interfering with and/or distracting the goaltender as opposed to positioning himself to try to make a play," Colin Campbell, the NHL director of hockey operations said in a statement.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...very_incident/

Guess the refs know more about it than your average HF poster. Shocker.

And Fischler shows once again that he's out to lunch.
ohhh someone got served.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote