HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brunnstrom Thread: Updated signed by Dallas (merged)

Old
05-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Chomsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Yes but I hope he will not sign a 3-4 years contract. Imagine if he bust..
So what.. he'll fit very well in Hamilton, or he can go back to Sweden.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:04 AM
bergo

Cons: He's going around like he's the next best thing in hockey. He had a poor second half of the season and playoffs. Why is this guy getting star treatment like this? I think its making a mockery of the NHL. Its one thing to pick the team you want to play with and then go and visit them but to go to 3 NHL cities to help you make up your mind is a little too much. I dont like how the team has to wine and dine him to recruit him.

Pros: from T$N
"I don't know if I'm ready for the National Hockey League, but I think I'm an offensive-type player and I try to skate a lot," he told TSN on Thursday.

This shows me hes ready to pay his dues and doesnt expect to paly top 6 minutes like was reported earlier

The ONLY reason i want this player is because Gainey and Timmins seem to want him and if he bust theres no big loss

bergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo View Post
Cons: He's going around like he's the next best thing in hockey. He had a poor second half of the season and playoffs. Why is this guy getting star treatment like this? I think its making a mockery of the NHL. Its one thing to pick the team you want to play with and then go and visit them but to go to 3 NHL cities to help you make up your mind is a little too much. I dont like how the team has to wine and dine him to recruit him.

Pros: from T$N
"I don't know if I'm ready for the National Hockey League, but I think I'm an offensive-type player and I try to skate a lot," he told TSN on Thursday.

This shows me hes ready to pay his dues and doesnt expect to paly top 6 minutes like was reported earlier

The ONLY reason i want this player is because Gainey and Timmins seem to want him and if he bust theres no big loss
NHL GM's get goofy when they have the chance to pick someone up that won't cost them anything. Just look at some of the UFA contracts that have been handed out over the years, it's the same deal.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
NHL GM's get goofy when they have the chance to pick someone up that won't cost them anything. Just look at some of the UFA contracts that have been handed out over the years, it's the same deal.
This + I'm sure his agent is helping drve the Hype Wagon.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Yes but I hope he will not sign a 3-4 years contract. Imagine if he bust..
he will cost 850 000.rather him then DandenaultPlus like the other said better 850 000 then waste a 1st round pick

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
So what.. he'll fit very well in Hamilton, or he can go back to Sweden.
No way he will be going down to the AHL,he's looking for top 2 line minutes

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Habitants

why is he not on the world championship roster for team sweden ?? at least we could get a preview of him in NA!!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
why is he not on the world championship roster for team sweden ?? at least we could get a preview of him in NA!!
Probably doesn't want to get hurt, or reduce the hype

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:18 AM
AH

Quote:
yeah, that really bothers me. Especially with the fact that Team Sweden is still playing in the NHL playoffs (Detroit) and a couple of great players are opting out, i.e. Sundin and Alfredsson.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No way he will be going down to the AHL,he's looking for top 2 line minutes
That's a misconception brought up a few months ago by TheHockeyNews.

If you read any of the interviews he gave, you can clearly see that he is willing to take the long road if necessary. If he isn't NHL ready, he'll go to Hamilton, book it.

Old
05-02-2008, 11:52 AM
GNick42

Well if it is down to Dallas, Detroit or us....I would say we have the inside track. Can see Brunnstromm upseeding one of Wings or Stars top 6 for a spot...which he is demanding

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...nterested.html

Mats Naslund mentioned something about exploding at around Christmas, but slowing down in the latter half.

I still think the "risk" is worth the potential reward.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 01:11 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That's a misconception brought up a few months ago by TheHockeyNews.

If you read any of the interviews he gave, you can clearly see that he is willing to take the long road if necessary. If he isn't NHL ready, he'll go to Hamilton, book it.
Except that his agent said on the radio yesterday that Brunnstrom absolutely wouldn't play in the AHL. It's NHL or SEL.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:06 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Well if it is down to Dallas, Detroit or us....I would say we have the inside track. Can see Brunnstromm upseeding one of Wings or Stars top 6 for a spot...which he is demanding
Clearly you haven't read the rest of the thread where it's stated he doesn't care about top line minutes. I'd say Detroit has the inside track because they are A) better than the Habs and B) full of Swedes already.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Its between Detroit and Montréal. We both play an up-tempo styled game and thats what he wants. There is less pressure in Detroit and good Swedish players to help improve his game.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Why isn't he playing for Sweden at the Worlds or is he?
Lots of UFAs skip the World Championships every year because if they get hurt it could cost them a ton of money... and the WC is no longer as big in Europe as it used to be. The Stanley Cup is where its at now....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
JackieChan

Brunnstrom gave the worst interview ever to TSN: "I'm an offensive player, I like to skate a lot, that sort of thing"... he looked really uncomfortable in front of the camera, at least this might mean he's not a big ego type of guy. I previously thought the opposite, seeing him tour the NHL and try to attract attention during the playoffs.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:39 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre View Post
This + I'm sure his agent is helping drve the Hype Wagon.
As someone else pointed out because its an entry level contract they cant add more years or increase the salary (including bonuses) any higher than the rookie limit

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:42 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Brunnstrom gave the worst interview ever to TSN: "I'm an offensive player, I like to skate a lot, that sort of thing"... he looked really uncomfortable in front of the camera, at least this might mean he's not a big ego type of guy. I previously thought the opposite, seeing him tour the NHL and try to attract attention during the playoffs.
Maybe he isn't comfortable in his english.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 02:54 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo View Post
I think its making a mockery of the NHL. Its one thing to pick the team you want to play with and then go and visit them but to go to 3 NHL cities to help you make up your mind is a little too much.
Do you try to get a job from only one place or do you 'shop' around to see which one suits you the most?
Do you pick just one post-secondary (assuming you are old enough) school to go to or do you look around?
If you are buying a house do you only look at one house and buy that house or do you look around?
Seriously, there is absolutely no problem with a guy not knowing where he wants to play and thus goes and checks them out.
Yeah, other players don't do that because they are drafted but if you were in his shoes and have the chance of choosing where to potentially play/tryout for wouldn't you look around for the one that best suits your wants and needs?

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Except that his agent said on the radio yesterday that Brunnstrom absolutely wouldn't play in the AHL. It's NHL or SEL.
Dude. His agent can eat ****, if the organization that offered him a contract wants him to perfection his hockey in the A, he'll go. Agents think they have the power over everything, but it remains the player's decision.

Mind you, I didn't hear the interview, so Fabian might have said it himself.

Old
05-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Lots of UFAs skip the World Championships every year because if they get hurt it could cost them a ton of money... and the WC is no longer as big in Europe as it used to be. The Stanley Cup is where its at now....
Mats Naslund didn't put him on the roster ebcause he wasn't good enough. Not his exact words, but that was what he said.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Dude. His agent can eat ****, if the organization that offered him a contract wants him to perfection his hockey in the A, he'll go. Agents think they have the power over everything, but it remains the player's decision.

Mind you, I didn't hear the interview, so Fabian might have said it himself.
Well, at that age, when you're a star in Sweden, you might not want to go in the AHL for too long. I understand his decision. He's in a position to order that, so why not?

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:50 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Maybe he isn't comfortable in his english.
Maybe but go listen to the interview on tsn (they have a video of it) and he sounds like he understand and speaks english fine...the accent is there but he knows enough to hold a conversation

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Nitehowl

As long as Gainey doesn't let Brunnstom talk to Grabovsky/Chips/Ryder we should be OK otherwise those guys will tell him no matter what you do in the regular season Carbo will dress all the old guys for the playoffs

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote