HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Apparently

Old
04-26-2008, 09:28 PM
TomPlex

vCash: 500
Hahaha some of you are so funny. This play was as clear as day. We're not saying that THAT'S the reason why we lost. What we're saying is that it was a slash. And it was. It should've been a penalty on the Flyers, and that COULD'VE allowed us to tie it up, but not 100%.

The reffing was atrocious tonight, and this was just another example.

I don't think any of us are really complaining that it was a high stick over a penalty. Those who are looking for a high stick are pushing it too far.

TomPlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 09:30 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Exactly.

The Flyer player has every right to try and get his stick on that puck, if Price brings his glove hand toward the puck at the same time, he might take the stick in the hand.

There's no way that should have been a penalty and there's no way that wasn't a legit goal.

The people here who say otherwise are grasping at straws here... out of frustration.
Wow, really? We're not talking about high-sticking that wasn't called because of follow-through, we're talking about a clear slash. What would you say if this was a case of Price trying to make a glove save and someone on the Flyers slashing his hand when it was vertical?

Old
04-26-2008, 09:35 PM
no1b4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Hahaha some of you are so funny. This play was as clear as day. We're not saying that THAT'S the reason why we lost. What we're saying is that it was a slash. And it was. It should've been a penalty on the Flyers, and that COULD'VE allowed us to tie it up, but not 100%.

I don't think any of us are really complaining that it was a high stick over a penalty. Those who are looking for a high stick are pushing it too far.
It's not a slash when a player is going for the puck and the goalie sticks his glove in the way. There was no call to be made there.

I think if the refs called "everything" there would have been about 5 or 6 calls on BOTH teams.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 09:44 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:

So lame.

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I'm sorry, WE? I think you mean Price.
No, it's WE

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
s soon as contact waqs made while Price tried to catch the pck on the 4th goal I wondered WOW, what does it take to get goal interference We shoulda won but lets hope not too many are called like that one
Refs= Betman's back pocket

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Caseofcups*

Bettman will be the first commissioner in sports history to have his name engraved on the Stanley Cup. Just as soon as he helps Sindy win the cup.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
Come on guys. We're starting to sound like Flyer fans here.

Clearly grasping at straws here. That was a goal, and there's no two ways about it.

Forget about it, move on to game 3.
I agree. Though if it would have favored the Habs, it would have been all over the news and on the main board....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 09:58 PM
ginosniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
Shouldn't the play have been called down though since he hit the puck with a high-stick then touched it before anyone else did?
It wasn't struck with a highstick. The ref waved it off immediately meaning that the play had not been struck with a highstick. Everything was done proper and it was a good goal.

ginosniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:00 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post

So lame.
Hey buddy, Canadiens' Express is coming on right now. Re-watch that game, and then call me a crybaby.

The refs were TERRIBLE tonight. Stick to Kosty's face. Koivu gets tripped up and flies into the net, and they move the play out of the zone. Holding. Obstruction. Letting the Flyers get away with delay of game on icing calls.

Old
04-26-2008, 10:01 PM
ginosniper

Quote:

I can't believe Habs fans are actually complaining about the reffing. You guys have gotten two calls in the late stages of the third/overtime that allowed you to prolong/win the hockey game. Reich's trip and the call on Richards were iffy and they basically won you the hockey game. Something tells me you weren't calling the officiating attrocious those nights. It was not a slash, it was not a highstick. It was, however, a goal that put the game out of reach.

Old
04-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Come on guys. We're starting to sound like Flyers fans here. ...
Gee... its that bad is it?

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:04 PM
ginosniper

Quote:
Hey buddy, Canadiens' Express is coming on right now. Re-watch that game, and then call me a crybaby.

The refs were TERRIBLE tonight. Stick to Kosty's face. Koivu gets tripped up and flies into the net, and they move the play out of the zone. Holding. Obstruction. Letting the Flyers get away with delay of game on icing calls.
Delay of game? Wow...... Have you honestly seen a delay of game penalty called in a situation similar to the one after the icing in question? Come on, you can't say you have and if you do, well, you are a liar.

Old
04-26-2008, 10:06 PM
ginosniper

Also Tomplex, I don't see you complaining about the call against the Flyer player that took Kovalev down on a pretty obvious dive. You can't have it both ways.

Old
04-26-2008, 10:06 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Gee... its that bad is it?
Well, not THAT bad, but still...

We can't win 'em all, boys. Life goes on.

AHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
The refs were TERRIBLE tonight.
In all honesty, it is getting old. How many games this year did we actually say that the refs were fine? Probably 0 'cause either they're never good, or either we don't talk about it when it's great.

Referees suck in the NHL. The 2 refs system do not work. Either 'cause one is waiting for the other to do his thing or one is actually trying hard to find something to call 'cause he hasn't called anything yet in a game.

Then, hockey has to be the toughest sport to ref in the planet. Seriously, as knowledgeable basketball and football fans are, do you really think they have time or can see all the infractions that are called on the field? All the holding that goes on between the offensive and defensive lines and so on. Did you ever heard a crowd booing 'cause an offensive lineman was holding a defensive one? No 'cause either the crowd doesn't see it themselves, too many things to watch at the same time or 'cause penalities could either be given or not.

Then, hockey being what it is, as much as the rules have been more respected lately, if the rulebook was really in use all the time, we would always be on PP or PK all game long. It makes me laugh when I hear that only in hockey, the referees are not consistant. That has to be a joke. If some of the guys that say this would watch baseball, they would notice that the strike zone is much more different from a referee to another one and it changes sometimes as the game progresses.

Referees should never be an excuse or if so, it has to be way more evident than it was lately.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:15 PM
ginosniper

Well said Whitesnake. I do think that the NHL needs to the two referee system though. The game is just way too fast for one ref to properly call.

Old
04-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Referees should never be an excuse or if so, it has to be way more evident than it was lately.
Yeah maybe but.. some nights you see some Refs CLEARLY letting the other team doing things to us and then giving us 2 minutes for sneezing on an opposing player.

You surely know what i mean: i'm certain you have seen a lot of MTL-TOR games where it is SO obvious the Ref wants to let the Leafs win just to please his boss.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Come on guys. We're starting to sound like Flyer fans here.

Clearly grasping at straws here. That was a goal, and there's no two ways about it.

Forget about it, move on to game 3.
I agree, lets not whine about a loss like the Flyer fans do all game, when the play was so one sided. Habs must have had 20 good scoring chances to about 5 for the Flyers. This could easily been 6-2 with all the chances and open nets. Flyers have had about 4 lucky goals so far this series

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Caseofcups*

ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole le ole ole ole ole ole ole ole

Old
04-26-2008, 10:30 PM
TomPlex

We outplayed the Flyers like crazy tonight, and we should've won. We didn't need the refs help. I'm not saying that they're the reason we lost. I'm not saying that the slash on Price was the reason we lost.

I love how many people at HF make assumptions. I never once said anything in reference to us losing. I was just commenting on a) my thoughts on that being a slash on Price and b) on how poor the officiating was tonight. And if you think the officiating was good tonight, then you're retarded. I'm sorry.

And ginosniper, YES, I would think that should be a penalty. It's a discrete way to avoid a consequence of an icing. There's a rule in place for a reason, so delaying the game to let your players rest a little is a way to circumvent that rule. The announcers even commented on it, and I'm sure had they done it again, the refs would've called it.

I've seen players called for delay of game/unsportsmanlike by simply shooting the puck down the ice out of frustration when there was a penalty called.

Old
04-26-2008, 10:32 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginosniper View Post
Also Tomplex, I don't see you complaining about the call against the Flyer player that took Kovalev down on a pretty obvious dive. You can't have it both ways.
Dive, I don't think so. Embellishment, maybe. It was a clear crosscheck to his back after the whistle. What's there to argue?

Old
04-26-2008, 10:32 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginosniper View Post
I can't believe Habs fans are actually complaining about the reffing. You guys have gotten two calls in the late stages of the third/overtime that allowed you to prolong/win the hockey game. Reich's trip and the call on Richards were iffy and they basically won you the hockey game. Something tells me you weren't calling the officiating attrocious those nights. It was not a slash, it was not a highstick. It was, however, a goal that put the game out of reach.
And I can't believe you're saying that Richards' penalty was iffy.

Old
04-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Habbadasher

The goal was good, I've seen that kind of play before.

But I think it might be time for a rule change, imagine a goalie has his hand broken by a play like that. Not sure I'm ok with that.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:53 PM
ginosniper

Quote:

And ginosniper, YES, I would think that should be a penalty. It's a discrete way to avoid a consequence of an icing. There's a rule in place for a reason, so delaying the game to let your players rest a little is a way to circumvent that rule. The announcers even commented on it, and I'm sure had they done it again, the refs would've called it.

I've seen players called for delay of game/unsportsmanlike by simply shooting the puck down the ice out of frustration when there was a penalty called.

That's not the question I asked you. I asked you if you have ever seen a delay of game penalty called for not having the right players on the ice in X amount of time. I know I've seen numerous instances where teams have taken much longer time to get the right players on the ice than the Flyers did tonight. I do however think that going to replay to find the right players sort of defeats the whole purpose of the rule.