HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Flyers mocking Habs after 4th goal.

Old
04-27-2008, 04:25 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
The NHL players have developped their own culture and mores. What Timonen did was against these unwritten rules and what Kostopoulos did was accepted behavior to uphold these rules. So yes "cracking him in the jaw (showed) more class".
So there's a code of unwritten rules not that justifies cheap shots? Then we wonder why cases like Bertuzzi/Moore happen and we all stand there with stunned looks on our faces asking "why???".

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:29 PM
DontFireHolmgrenPlz

Send a message via AIM to DontFireHolmgrenPlz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Just checked and Habs board has 260 online , Flyers board has 81 so I guess more people mean more threads

Each board has the same % of "bad" fans, Habs just have so many more fans from across the country and other countries interested in their team
That means your team is better.

DontFireHolmgrenPlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:32 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
You're right. They just light cop cars on fire and break into Foot Lockers.
It was clearly the act of organized scums using the celebrations as a mean to do some damages. But whatever, you are not worth the time. Btw, what's your opinion on Hartnell' acts last game? Or Hatcher when Kostopoulos was clearly shaken up from the hit and could barely stand? And coming here defending the team with the most suspended player ? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

--

Btw: as a montreal resident, you must be aware of the amount of support policemen have received with pictures / videos in order to arrest the ones guilty? Guess they don't count as fans either. Bruins fans pee on visiting fans Pens fans have no fans unless they get 1000000000 #1 first pick in a row and have a good team Just felt like doing more stereotypes.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
So there's a code of unwritten rules not that justifies cheap shots? Then we wonder why cases like Bertuzzi/Moore happen and we all stand there with stunned looks on our faces asking "why???".
Unfortunately the Bertuzzi/Moore incident like the multiple suspensions the Flyers received this season went beyond those rules.

What I find particularly amusing (and sad) is the Flyers organization avoids conspiracy for attempted manslaughter or aggravated assault finger-pointing, because somehow they aren't responsible for the actions of repeat offending head cases that they dig up in minor league pro leagues and truck out to the middle of an NHL ice (because they can't skate).

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:37 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
It was clearly the act of organized scums using the celebrations as a mean to do some damages. But whatever, you are not worth the time. Btw, what's your opinion on Hartnell' acts last game? Or Hatcher when Kostopoulos was clearly shaken up from the hit and could barely stand? And coming here defending the team with the most suspended player ? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

--

Btw: as a montreal resident, you must be aware of the amount of support policemen have received with pictures / videos in order to arrest the ones guilty? Guess they don't count as fans either.
Before you get all bent out of shape, I'm not defending the Flyers here for one second. As a die hard Pens fan I hate Philly just as much as anyone else, and wouldn't mind seeing the Habs bounce them for that matter. I'm well aware of how dirty they can be as well, especially since Hartnell deliberately tried to take Sid's head off his shoulders when he was on his knees in front of that net in their 7th meeting of the regular season.

But speaking in context of this specific incident, I honestly don't feel that Tom's sucker punch was justified because of some idiotic mocking on the part of Timmonen. You want to protect the honour of your young goalie? Then do a better in front of him next game, plain in simple. If not that, then drop the gloves and settle it man to man.

Old
04-27-2008, 04:38 PM
DontFireHolmgrenPlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I don't know if you guys have noticed it, but after their 4th goal, Timmonen and Umberger looked back and started laughing at the Habs. Then, Kosto got mad and punched Timmonen in the face . At the press conference, Stevens said that we were dirty for sucker punching lol. Coming from him is even funnier. I'm expecting a very physical serie.
You know there's not even a thread about the sucker punch on the Flyers board - you guys are defending the dirty hit when no one is really making a big deal about it except for you people.

Old
04-27-2008, 04:38 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Unfortunately the Bertuzzi/Moore incident like the multiple suspensions the Flyers received this season went beyond those rules.

What I find particularly amusing (and sad) is the Flyers organization avoids conspiracy for attempted manslaughter or aggravated assault finger-pointing, because somehow they aren't responsible for the actions of repeat offending head cases that they dig up in minor league pro leagues and truck out to the middle of an NHL ice (because they can't skate).
Don't try to figure it out. It's been the Flyers way for over 30 years now and I don't see the organization changing those ways anytime soon.

Old
04-27-2008, 04:41 PM
DontFireHolmgrenPlz

Quote:

Wow - attempted manslaughter and aggravated assault? You have to be joking, bro.

Old
04-27-2008, 04:42 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post

--

Btw: as a montreal resident, you must be aware of the amount of support policemen have received with pictures / videos in order to arrest the ones guilty? Guess they don't count as fans either. Bruins fans pee on visiting fans Pens fans have no fans unless they get 1000000000 #1 first pick in a row and have a good team Just felt like doing more stereotypes.

Funny how I didn't see very many Habs car flags during last season though. It only seems as though Habs pride is only apparent in this city when the doors of the bandwagon swing wide open.

And in regards to you pinning the entire incident on "organized scums", that seems somewhat ignorant on your part as well. We all know from previous experience that it does not take much to get a drunk Habs fan riled up enough to start acting like a complete moron. Granted, I'm sure there were idiots outside of Habs fans that were looking for the perfect opportunity to commit some looting, but to completely rubbish the idea altogether that no hockey fans were involved in some of the chaos seems kind of naive as well.

Old
04-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Habs

Very proud of Kostopolous, can't stand it when any team rubs it in after a goal. I hope Ovechkin gets a good smack after his tacky celebrations as well.

Seems like yesterday Dale Hunter taught Turgeon a lesson.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Before you get all bent out of shape, I'm not defending the Flyers here for one second. As a die hard Pens fan I hate Philly just as much as anyone else, and wouldn't mind seeing the Habs bounce them for that matter. I'm well aware of how dirty they can be as well, especially since Hartnell deliberately tried to take Sid's head off his shoulders when he was on his knees in front of that net in their 7th meeting of the regular season.

But speaking in context of this specific incident, I honestly don't feel that Tom's sucker punch was justified because of some idiotic mocking on the part of Timmonen. You want to protect the honour of your young goalie? Then do a better in front of him next game, plain in simple. If not that, then drop the gloves and settle it man to man.
he probably did try to drop the gloves. Timmo looked like he was running away when he got clocked.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontFireHolmgrenPlz View Post
Wow - attempted manslaughter and aggravated assault? You have to be joking, bro.
No, I'm not joking. Please reread my post, I didn't say the Flyers were accused, would or should be accused of the above offences in a court. I was talking about "finger-pointing".

Some media observers said that what Boulerice did was akin to attempted manslaughter and aggravated assault. Those same observer didn't point the finger at the Flyers for being accomplices to Boulerice.

Last edited by Erik Estrada: 04-27-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old
04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
HabsoluteFate

The worst thing about all of this is they should have had a slashing penalty on the 4th goal and the goal shouldn't have counted...

Talk about Philly's complaining working...same thing occured with Boston. The fact that the league listens so much to complains and just do what they are told by the complainer is yet another reason they suck.

In an ideal world the refs would do their jobs properly and even if there was complains they would feel comfortable enough that they did a good job not to change how they do their job

Unfortunately we are far from being in an ideal world

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:51 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
And cracking him in the jaw shows more class? Had it been the other way around Carbo would've been crying "bloody murder" all the way to the head offices in Toronto!
Carbonneau isn't Sidney Crosby, he wouldn't "cry" anything.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I dunno if you guys remember but few years ago, Zednik mocked Dafoe in the playoff and the game after, he was nailed by McClaren with a dirty hit. Since we are not a dirty team like the Flyers, here's what I wish for Umberger next game, a big clean hit.

thanks... seeing that movie made my day.

I want to pay Tribute to goons. In particular, to george laraque. Did you see him play lately?, he's a very intelligent player even if he is not the most gifted of players.

at the end of the game tonight, laraque was on the ice. avery took a shot at fleury and he was rushed by gill and laraque. I like team toughness, but having a goon like laraque on the ice allows you to destroy avery and his ****face if things go too far.

avery should get suspended... you don't slash a goalie when you lose a bloody game. The game was over when he slashed fleury... sportsmanship is something beyond his grasp.

Since the NHL allows him to play the way he does, you NEED someone to be able to fix him ON THE ICE.

I don't care if the flyers get cocky and dirty when you have someone who can drop the gloves and kick the **** out of them.

Flyers are going to get dirty... we all know that... we can only watch and hope that some of our players are going to lay their faces on the line.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:00 PM
DontFireHolmgrenPlz

Quote:
Those same observer didn't point the finger at the Flyers for being accomplices to Boulerice.
Of course they shouldn't. You don't think grown men are responsible for their own actions? That's akin to holding Microsoft responsible if one of their employees commits a crime.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Old
04-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontFireHolmgrenPlz View Post
Of course they shouldn't. You don't think grown men are responsible for their own actions? That's akin to holding Microsoft responsible if one of their employees commits a crime.

Absolutely ridiculous
It happens all the time that corporations are held responsible when one of their employees commits a crime.

Old
04-27-2008, 05:16 PM
DontFireHolmgrenPlz

Quote:
It happens all the time that corporations are held responsible when one of their employees commits a crime.
What's the logic there??

Old
04-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Habs

Quote:
We started a new company a few months ago, all of our employees are required to get bonding. Its the way of the future, count on it.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I failed to see why Flyers would be mocking the habs. They got the win, but if they do play like that the rest of the way, it's a serie win for the habs. I mean... they had more goals than true scoring chances in that game..

And the habs keeps hitting the posts like mad.

Unless they raise their level of play, i'm not afraid of the Flyers 1 bit.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:49 PM
smokin018

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
It's was a goalie game.We lost because Price sucked and Biron owned.I'm prety sure they mocked price. Because deep inside they knew the habs owned them.

We had like 20 chance of scoring.Empty Net.BreakAway etc.
Kostopoulos was just frustrated . He's human .Prob timmonen said something , but the one who will always be blamed it's the one that's caugh.Which's Kostopoulos.

Everyone know that the Flyers is a Dirty , arrogant team . No one want to see them in the finals.Has for the beer shower.Yes it's was dity . But a beer shower would never happens to play such has Crosby or Ovechkin . Only to dirty , arrogant *******
So you endorse the "beer shower", but only to certain teams and players?

Then this "beer shower" is for all intents and purposes only for those players deemed "classless" by your standards?

Isn't that a somewhat arrogant point of view?

Last edited by smokin018: 04-27-2008 at 06:02 PM.
smokin018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:51 PM
smokin018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Templeton View Post
What about this ...
Downie

Same jerk

Boulerice

Jones

Richards

Don't whine and especially about a beer shower...
C'mon....I can post just as many links for any other team in the league....

Do you really want to attempt to justify the validy of a fan dumping a beer on Richards in the penalty box? How about we just agree that every fan base has their "bad seeds"?

Old
04-27-2008, 06:01 PM
smokin018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
The worst thing about all of this is they should have had a slashing penalty on the 4th goal and the goal shouldn't have counted...

Talk about Philly's complaining working...same thing occured with Boston. The fact that the league listens so much to complains and just do what they are told by the complainer is yet another reason they suck.

In an ideal world the refs would do their jobs properly and even if there was complains they would feel comfortable enough that they did a good job not to change how they do their job

Unfortunately we are far from being in an ideal world
The slash you are referring to is a whole other topic, one which I disagree with. Umberger has as much right to try to slap the puck out of the air as Price has in trying to grab it. And Price WAS out of the crease....

Anyway, that's another story....

Old
04-27-2008, 06:04 PM
madbox

It's pretty clear Umberger and Timonen were taunting the Habs for no good reason.
Today Timonen admitted to saying something before he got some glove from Kostopoulous... of course he wasn't about to say what that was.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Funny how I didn't see very many Habs car flags during last season though. It only seems as though Habs pride is only apparent in this city when the doors of the bandwagon swing wide open.

And in regards to you pinning the entire incident on "organized scums", that seems somewhat ignorant on your part as well. We all know from previous experience that it does not take much to get a drunk Habs fan riled up enough to start acting like a complete moron. Granted, I'm sure there were idiots outside of Habs fans that were looking for the perfect opportunity to commit some looting, but to completely rubbish the idea altogether that no hockey fans were involved in some of the chaos seems kind of naive as well.
Why are you coming here with your unsolicited (and anonymous) demagoguery? We don't know who you are, so we can't do a background check on your family. Therefore, we can't tell whether or not they would riot and loot if the Penguins won the Cup.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote