HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Early Whistle

Old
04-27-2008, 06:22 PM
sickboy35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdude View Post
if he wouldve been behind the net he would SEE that the puck was lose

BINGO!!!! we have a winner! why the hell was he standing almost in the corner?

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Gui101do

It was a tough break, but what does it mean that so much emphasis is put on this single play?

It was a tight game. The Rangers did very well cleaning up there own end and allowing Lundqvist to make spectacular saves without much worry of rebounds. The one lapse came on Staal's goal. Furthermore, Lundqvist himself proved (not that he needed to) that he is up there with names like Brodeur and Nabokov.

Also, as was mentioned, Fleury did a great job and the team in front of him was excellent as far as shot blocking went. The Penguins penalty kill also stepped up, especially with the final two powerplays for the Rangers.

After a run and gun, loosey-goosey game 1, this was a great showing of how strong these teams are defensively and how superior the goalies can be.

What can we expect in Game 3? Well, since it'll be at MSG, the Rags will almost assuredly have more hop and feed off of the crowd. This could lead to goals for or, if the Rags are overzealous, goals against. No way we see a game like Game 1 the rest of the series. Can't wait.

Gui101do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:49 PM
torrencemd

WARNING...pens fan trolling here. But honestly I thought it was a very quick whistle. That is a tough break for you guys. Great game overall kept me on the edge of my seat. I was SCARED to death everytime you guys had a PP and you guys were honestly the only team that I didnt want to face in the semis...that being said. GO PENS GO. and looking forward to a great rest of the series fellas.

torrencemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:52 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui101do View Post
It was a tough break, but what does it mean that so much emphasis is put on this single play?

It was a tight game. The Rangers did very well cleaning up there own end and allowing Lundqvist to make spectacular saves without much worry of rebounds. The one lapse came on Staal's goal. Furthermore, Lundqvist himself proved (not that he needed to) that he is up there with names like Brodeur and Nabokov.

Also, as was mentioned, Fleury did a great job and the team in front of him was excellent as far as shot blocking went. The Penguins penalty kill also stepped up, especially with the final two powerplays for the Rangers.

After a run and gun, loosey-goosey game 1, this was a great showing of how strong these teams are defensively and how superior the goalies can be.

What can we expect in Game 3? Well, since it'll be at MSG, the Rags will almost assuredly have more hop and feed off of the crowd. This could lead to goals for or, if the Rags are overzealous, goals against. No way we see a game like Game 1 the rest of the series. Can't wait.

the quick whistle wouldn't even remotely bug me if it wasn't for the fact 2 times that i remember there were scrums in front of the pens goal where there was no way the refs could see the puck and those lasted a hell of a lot longer than the one that had the goal chopped off.

once again it is all about consistency, and the refs have not been that not only in these playoffs but all season.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Gotta ask, though, when are the breaks and such going to go for us? Sucks a sack of dicks, but the Rangers need to straight up force more "breaks" and play better.

Glad I haven't watched these games and only saw replays and such. Either way, Pens have deserved both games.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
the quick whistle wouldn't even remotely bug me if it wasn't for the fact 2 times that i remember there were scrums in front of the pens goal where there was no way the refs could see the puck and those lasted a hell of a lot longer than the one that had the goal chopped off.

once again it is all about consistency, and the refs have not been that not only in these playoffs but all season.
Agreed.

It's why I've lost a lot of interest in the NHL and have been focusing more on the CHL and the NCAA.

I just can't stand this inconsistency in reffing. At least in those leagues I don't have a favorite team at stake.

Whatever, though. [cliche]It is what it is.[/cliche]

Old
04-27-2008, 07:25 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Agreed.

It's why I've lost a lot of interest in the NHL and have been focusing more on the CHL and the NCAA.

I just can't stand this inconsistency in reffing. At least in those leagues I don't have a favorite team at stake.

Whatever, though. [cliche]It is what it is.[/cliche]
i am exactly the same over here soccer is the big thing and i dont watch nearly as much as i used to because the standard of refereeing is terrible. the fact a game can be decided on a bad call by refs is infuriating.

Old
04-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
i am exactly the same over here soccer is the big thing and i dont watch nearly as much as i used to because the standard of refereeing is terrible. the fact a game can be decided on a bad call by refs is infuriating.
I've slowly been watching less and less games each year after the lock-out. I'm quite jaded on the NHL.

Old
04-27-2008, 07:45 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I've slowly been watching less and less games each year after the lock-out. I'm quite jaded on the NHL.

i dont really have the choice to watch any other hockey other than the nhl, the british elite league is brutal and have no way to see college hockey.

i have to watch streams for the nhl as it is and we dont get center ice or espn europe in britain, which is crazy because the way i see it is bettman had the nhl over here to open the season(ducks-kings) to promote the sport but they dont offer there own channel to us, to me that is pointless. why promote something to a group of people to not sell them your biggest product. crazy

i decided to email them to look into it and ask why but they never even replied.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:38 PM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRaNgErS99112 View Post
Yeah, they've certainly caught a few bad breaks in this series, but when you have seven powerplays in a game, you have to be able to score at some point.
If the Rangers end up losing this series it will be because of their piss poor powerplay. Two huge opportunities in the last 5 minutes of the game and they tank it. They need to get more quality shots on Fleury on the PP and in general. They have yet to make him be a factor in winning the game. He had one tough save to make today and that one was on Jagr. The Rangers should be given partial credit on that shutout of his today.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
If the Rangers end up losing this series it will be because of their piss poor powerplay. Two huge opportunities in the last 5 minutes of the game and they tank it. They need to get more quality shots on Fleury on the PP and in general. They have yet to make him be a factor in winning the game. He had one tough save to make today and that one was on Jagr. The Rangers should be given partial credit on that shutout of his today.
Pretty sure Pelino is our PP guy.

He's gotta go.

I'm sick of this PP.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:44 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

the power play has been brutal all season so its not like they haven' had time to fix it, something needs to change

Old
04-27-2008, 08:45 PM
knives of ice

if you can't score on either power play with under 4:30 left you don't deserve to win. hell, a 5 on 3 and they didn't even get a good shot off. PATHETIC

knives of ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:45 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Hated the call...and honestly, the refs messed it up. But it's an EXTREMELY difficult play to judge, and a situation like that can't even be reviewed. To be honest, the Rangers have been on both ends of plays like that all season.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
SJSharksFan

Yea it sucked but it was the right call :|

SJSharksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:32 PM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharksFan View Post
Yea it sucked but it was the right call :|
If the ref was where he should have been it would be the right call. No reason he should have been in the corner. Should have been next to or behind the net.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:57 PM
snafu7x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
If the ref was where he should have been it would be the right call. No reason he should have been in the corner. Should have been next to or behind the net.
I'm definitely no Rags fan but I thought that was an awfully quick whistle...I've seen that in a couple of other games this playoff season. Its hard to argue against the call on the ice in that sort of situation but I mostly agree with you guys that if the ref had been positioned better, there wouldnt have been the quick whistle and we would have had a much better end to that game

snafu7x7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

tough call but it was the right one. whoever it was was whacking away at fleury and the whistle blew then the puck trickled in

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Early whistle?

Yeah. It was a **** call, ref was not in position.

However...

When your something like 0 for god damn 7 on the PP and being forced back in your zone 5 on 5 the whole game when your goalies playing like a god damn wall, I think the only thing you have to blame is yourself (of course that being the Rangers.)

***** about Jaromir "I like to give the puck away 50 times" Jagr, or Shanahan the ****ing useless old man, or Dawes the invisible rookie, or Backman for not making a single decent play, or Rozsival for not ever shooting.....

I can go on and on and on and on....

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
otterulz

But would being behind the net really have helped? I feel like that's an even worse view except for the fact that he'd see the puck squirting behind Fleury's pooper. If one official is to the side and one behind the net, I feel like it'd still be the official on the side's call and the same result. Plus the way Fleury was positioned, on his knees and looking down, I feel like most refs would've thought he had it. Not to mention the Pens wear black which helps cut down on the visibility.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 12:00 AM
snafu7x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
Early whistle?

Yeah. It was a **** call, ref was not in position.

However...

When your something like 0 for god damn 7 on the PP and being forced back in your zone 5 on 5 the whole game when your goalies playing like a god damn wall, I think the only thing you have to blame is yourself (of course that being the Rangers.)

***** about Jaromir "I like to give the puck away 50 times" Jagr, or Shanahan the ****ing useless old man, or Dawes the invisible rookie, or Backman for not making a single decent play, or Rozsival for not ever shooting.....

I can go on and on and on and on....
yikes bro, you can diss Jagr all night, he's talented but a whiner, but careful with Shanny...sure hes getting a little long in the tooth and isnt what he was 5-10 years ago but hes the type of guy that scores the OT winners when you need it most. I hope you eat those words when he scores his next money goal

snafu7x7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
lets face it - that is not a call we can complain about.

My concern is about the lack of shots we get on the goal, PP in particular.
no shots - no chances to score, create a rebound opportunity.

We try for the perfect opening! It's not going to happen.

Last edited by Sad London Ranger: 04-28-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:46 AM
GLM

pens fan here and was at the game. didnt understand how the ref was that far away from the play infront of the net. dubinsky made a great play and straka did his best to pry it loose. its the right call, but as a fan of hockey i could see your displeasure.

its part of the game and at times its the part that sucks.

what i couldnt understand is what a previous poster said. the rangers had multiple scrums in the 1st pd wehre there was NO way the refs could see the puck but they let the teams go for it. there should have been whistles there but they let the teams play, why late in the game do you change it up?

i was shocked to see the rangers PP fizzle yesterday. they were getting the opps but just passed too much it seemed.

im a jags fan, but what was he doing forcing the puck on that last en goal? could have swung it around the boards but tried to do too much.

gonna be exciting on the biggest stage tomoorow night!

GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:44 AM
jniklast

the refs made some bad calls, but on both sides i think
our PP lost this game and will surely lose this series if nothing changes.
Lundqvist gave the rangers every chance to win this game, but when you don't score you don't win, simple as that

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:50 AM
GLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
the refs made some bad calls, but on both sides i think
our PP lost this game and will surely lose this series if nothing changes.
Lundqvist gave the rangers every chance to win this game, but when you don't score you don't win, simple as that

lundqvist was awesome yesterday. stopped hossa point blank at least 3 times and malone on the doorstep twice when any other goalie would have gotten beaten.

incredible talent

GLM is offline   Reply With Quote