HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Early Whistle

Old
04-28-2008, 11:13 AM
roxchipsi8

vCash: 500
If anyone wants to check out a replay, go to around 3:50 of this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G5AxixeaoE4

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Manbearpig48

I'm really impressed with you Ranger Fans thus far. I mean the play was somewhat controversial but you guys can see that and be rational about it rather than blame the refs like the Flyers would have. It obviously was an early whistle since the ref wasn't in the best of positions. The Pens got a little lucky on that one. I hope the rest of the series will be as entertaining as the first two.

Manbearpig48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Chris 84

Unlucky that the ref lost sight and a bad call on the penalty which led to the goal imo.
Maybe our luck'll turn in game 3.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Celestial Black

It sucked but there isn't much we can do. Ref was in a bad position when he blew the whistle but we also could get anything done when on the power play, so that wasn't helpful either. We just have to come out hard in game 3.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 12:37 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Ref should not be allowed to blow the whistle in those situations unless he is behind the net. In the corner like that it's like he just lost sight of the puck for a fraction of a second and blew the whistle.

It's funny though, how the whistle sounded just as the puck passed through his legs...

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
blandBob

It's hard looking at that play. I didn't realize until later how early that whistle was. We've all seen many plays with a hard to locate puck that had at least another couple of seconds. A fact is a fact, it was an early whistle

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
ThisYearsModel

Last night's initial Habs goal made it more irritating. It demonstrated the appropriate positioning of the referee when the puck is in the crease, unlike the lazy bum who was calling our game and blew his whistle from the corner. You can't do anything about that, but it is irritating when it happens.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:17 PM
zestystrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
If the Rangers end up losing this series it will be because of their piss poor powerplay. Two huge opportunities in the last 5 minutes of the game and they tank it. They need to get more quality shots on Fleury on the PP and in general. They have yet to make him be a factor in winning the game. He had one tough save to make today and that one was on Jagr. The Rangers should be given partial credit on that shutout of his today.
True, but we knew going into the PO's that our power play needed to get better. Vs Pitt this has really been exposed as our weakness.

I love Jags but once he leaves, I won't be sad to see the constant cycling/passing, with few shots on goal go with him. He seems to like it so much and it just drives me nuts.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:41 PM
blazeSS

i really don't understand some of you.. the refs are a big part of the game.. they deserve to be scrutinized like anyone else out there...please don't tell me that there calls don't decide a game...

that"early whistle" should have been torn apart by renney only for future calls...to make him think for the next time to be in the right position..for renney to say it was an accurate call is BS.. when renney toughens up the rangers will follow !

blazeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:53 PM
slackerracker

The ref was actually in the correct position i believe he's supposed to be in the corner and not behind the net because his view of the players gets blocked when he's behind the net and he also has a higher chance of interfering with players that attempt to go behind the net. This happens often and it sucks when it's against your team and when it goes for your team you wipe the sweat away and are happy that you got that break. The ref probably blew the whistle quicker in that situation since there was a high amount of players in front of the net and that's normally when a whistle will be blown quickly. Either way bad break but it happens.

slackerracker is offline   Reply With Quote