HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our Fans on the HF Boards

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2008, 04:02 PM
  #1
lundy
Registered User
 
lundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,608
vCash: 500
Our Fans on the HF Boards

It really bothers me that after each game we lose now, we feel the need to blame the refs. Yes, the call on Straka in game one was a bit weak, yes Staal should've been called for holding a broken stick, and YES, that was a quick whistle. BUT, the Rangers just couldn't score today. You can't win games if you can't score. So as far as I see it, they have no one to blame but themselves.

And is anyone else getting sick of seeing other Rangers fans blame the refs? Especially after we all flamed on the Devils fans for doing the same in their series against us? A bit hypocritical if you ask me. The refs have made some questionable calls, but there is no conspiracy against our team, we just have been slightly outplayed.

I'm sure someone will bash me for trying to make a statement here, but that's fine. I just thought that we might all try to take the high road and see that while the refs have made some questionable calls, the team just really hasn't played as they should.

Although I have full faith they'll pull something off back at the Garden.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:04 PM
  #2
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 500
Thank you.

Harv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:05 PM
  #3
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,923
vCash: 500
Agreed, some fans are giving our fanbase a bad name with all the lame "WE LOST CUZ THA REFS HAVE A HARD-ON FOR CRIES-A-LOT-BY".

Some people need to grow up.

That being said, the rangers, I thought, played a very sound game. A few bad breaks, and it went Pittsburgh's way. But it's certainly a stepping stone to (hopefully) some victories at the Garden.

mrhockey193195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
  #4
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,742
vCash: 500
I haven't blamed the refs once. Their calls have been weak considering the time and situation but they were legit calls. Rangers hold the lead, and score 2 goals this game, we're up 2-0.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:07 PM
  #5
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,443
vCash: 500
Whoever thinks that the Rangers lost today because of the refs is delusional. The Pens scored in the 2nd period, and the Rangers couldn't answer. Yes, the game should have been 1-1 in the third period when Straka slid it through Fleury, but it was whistled down by the referee because he was in no position to see where the puck was.

The fact that this game could have easily gone into overtime is an indicator of how close these two teams are matched up. However, right now, it is evident that the Penguins want it more. Not being able to respond and come out with desperation in the third period is what lost the game for the Rangers. As a fan, losing like this is what makes the loss so hard to take.

I have confidence that the Rangers will come out to play in Games 3 and 4 at the Garden. They need to score early and often, and play airtight defense.

Keep the faith!

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:08 PM
  #6
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
The refs had nothing to do with it...We lost becasue of the PP and becasue only about 4-5 forwards were worth a ****..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:09 PM
  #7
Gardner McKay
Moderator
Cupcake schedule.
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoutheastOfDisorder
Country: United States
Posts: 11,989
vCash: 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
It really bothers me that after each game we lose now, we feel the need to blame the refs. Yes, the call on Straka in game one was a bit weak, yes Staal should've been called for holding a broken stick, and YES, that was a quick whistle. BUT, the Rangers just couldn't score today. You can't win games if you can't score. So as far as I see it, they have no one to blame but themselves.

And is anyone else getting sick of seeing other Rangers fans blame the refs? Especially after we all flamed on the Devils fans for doing the same in their series against us? A bit hypocritical if you ask me. The refs have made some questionable calls, but there is no conspiracy against our team, we just have been slightly outplayed.

I'm sure someone will bash me for trying to make a statement here, but that's fine. I just thought that we might all try to take the high road and see that while the refs have made some questionable calls, the team just really hasn't played as they should.

Although I have full faith they'll pull something off back at the Garden.
Buddy listen here. First game we got hosed. No if ands or buts about it.

However if any one whines after the second game, then I agree with you 100%.

The reason the Rangers lost today was not because of a blown call by the official. It was because of the Rangers A B Y S M A L ( I hope that spelled right) Powerplay.

Grandaddy Shannahan is in front of the net with his walker and hockey stick. He never hustles any more. He does not get open to take shots like he used to. Shannahan is a HURT if anything at this point.

Our failure on the powerplay was the reason we lost this game. If any one says otherwise then you don't know your ass from your elbow.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:10 PM
  #8
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
rangers just sucked today...

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:11 PM
  #9
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,663
vCash: 500
The first game we blamed the refs because they DID make some weak calls.

This game, not so much. The refs called it evenly on both sides. In fact, I honestly believe that this is one of the best reffed games we've played so far in the POs. This loss is all on the Rangers. We just got outplayed.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:12 PM
  #10
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
rangers just sucked today...
Certainly not in the defensive zone. On offense and on the powerplay, yes. But our defense and goaltending was fantastic, IMO.

mrhockey193195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:12 PM
  #11
lundy
Registered User
 
lundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,608
vCash: 500
Well this is good to see. I guess all of the reasonable Rangers fans post on the Rangers board, while all of the whiners go to the game thread in the playoff section of the boards. My apologies, just sick of the whining.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
  #12
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Certainly not in the defensive zone. On offense and on the powerplay, yes. But our defense and goaltending was fantastic, IMO.
buddy, if we are not disciplined the rest of the way... we are screwed.

Penguins PP gives them the instant edge, we cant stop it.

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
  #13
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
buddy, if we are not disciplined the rest of the way... we are screwed.

Penguins PP gives them the instant edge, we cant stop it.
Very true, they weren't disciplined enough. Definitely need to cut down on penalties the rest of the way.

mrhockey193195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
  #14
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer
 
Whoot Whoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,695
vCash: 500
i dont care what you say, dont sell out fellow rangers fans

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
  #15
rangers4ever2007
Registered User
 
rangers4ever2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
buddy, if we are not disciplined the rest of the way... we are screwed.

Penguins PP gives them the instant edge, we cant stop it.
last i checked, rangers stopped them 4 times today

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:15 PM
  #16
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,087
vCash: 500
Do we really need another one of these "I'm a better fan because I'm taking the high-road" threads?

If it makes someone feel better to blame the ref's, then who cares? Is it REALLY your problem? If Pens fans start threads titled "Your favorite excuses for losing" based on us.. who gives a crap?? I hate the Pens and most of their bandwagon fans, and I'm sure they hate a lot of us.

Did the ref's blow game 1? Yes. Did they blow game 2? No, our team did. Do we really need a thread devoted to why some fans are better than others? ..kind of answers itself, doesn't it?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
  #17
rangers4ever2007
Registered User
 
rangers4ever2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Do we really need another one of these "I'm a better fan because I'm taking the high-road" threads?

If it makes someone feel better to blame the ref's, then who cares? Is it REALLY your problem? If Pens fans start threads titled "Your favorite excuses for losing" based on us.. who gives a crap?? I hate the Pens and most of their bandwagon fans, and I'm sure they hate a lot of us.

Did the ref's blow game 1? Yes. Did they blow game 2? No, our team did. Do we really need a thread devoted to why some fans are better than others? ..kind of answers itself, doesn't it?
especially someone with less than 500 posts

logic tells you that the starter of this thread is a sell-out or an icelander fan

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
  #18
NY Ranger86
Registered User
 
NY Ranger86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ryan = Cup
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
that early whistle was game changing.

score would have been 1-1

can't rant about people getting pissed and passionate about their team.

not to mention, everyone knowing how badly the NHL wants Crosby to win a cup. kind of hard to not lash out.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
  #19
lundy
Registered User
 
lundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
especially someone with less than 500 posts

logic tells you that the starter of this thread is a sell-out or an icelander fan
Or someone who has been a member of the boards for over a year longer than you have bud. I don't post that often, but I visit the site many times a day.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
  #20
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
last i checked, rangers stopped them 4 times today
4 times!...4 times they were on the powerplay. Sooner or later they are going to figure us out. Lundqvist was on his game too, which is what helped this cause as well

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:20 PM
  #21
rangers4ever2007
Registered User
 
rangers4ever2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Or someone who has been a member of the boards for over a year longer than you have bud. I don't post that often, but I visit the site many times a day.
good for you, now why not go make another thread saying how bad our fanbase is?

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:22 PM
  #22
lundy
Registered User
 
lundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
good for you, now why not go make another thread saying how bad our fanbase is?
Not once did I say our fanbase was bad. I was simply making a statement about what some of our fans are doing on other boards. That's all. To question my loyalty as a Rangers fan because I have a problem with whiners and hypocrites seems rather silly to me.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:22 PM
  #23
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,563
vCash: 500
lol I havent even watched the game yet...dvr'd it...

Still I know one thing for sure as far as refs and calls go

You win some you lose some... same as it ever was, and ever shall be.

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:26 PM
  #24
rangers4ever2007
Registered User
 
rangers4ever2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Not once did I say our fanbase was bad. I was simply making a statement about what some of our fans are doing on other boards. That's all. To question my loyalty as a Rangers fan because I have a problem with whiners and hypocrites seems rather silly to me.
well, then that's their problem and i'm sure the mods on other boards handle it, but don't make a whole new thread pretending the majority of us here do it. makes you look like you're selling us out.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:28 PM
  #25
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
have to agree people are far to quick to get on this teams back

we should be backing this team to the end not giving up on them because we lost, it is the same after every game. admittedly i didnt think this team was good enough to take the cup because we have to many flaws but i wont give up until it is over.

nearly forgot but i am a believer that refs do give preferential treatment to certain teams and certain players i have seen in through all sorts of levels of sports, but that is something that you have to be careful with when talking about it, you can come off as sounding bitter and a bad loser.

i personally feel the 2 decisions that lead to the game winning goals were the wrong ones but that is another story.


basically guys get a ****ing grip and get behind the team.


Last edited by z1co80: 04-27-2008 at 04:34 PM.
z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.