HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our Fans on the HF Boards

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2008, 04:30 PM
  #26
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
You have to realize though that alot of us complain about these things because we hope the league makes changes, not because we think its the reason we lost. Every team is the victim of the leagues terrible officiating and at times it really hurts teams ability to win and fans ability to enjoy the games. I'd like to see alot less blown calls in this league and alot more consistency in what is called. Do I think the refs have played a part in a bunch of our loses, hell yeah, they've played a part in a bunch of our wins too. But the arguement that it all balances out is crap, because trust me, I'd rather have the calls today in the playoffs, than back in December. Point being, I'm a fan, I dedicate 82+ nights a year to this game, and I'll be damned if someone is gonna tell me I can't ***** about it if I feel we got hosed. Theres a big difference between blaming the refs for our losses, and pointing out how bad they do their jobs (affecting all teams).

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:32 PM
  #27
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 9,791
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
You have to realize though that alot of us complain about these things because we hope the league makes changes, not because we think its the reason we lost. Every team is the victim of the leagues terrible officiating and at times it really hurts teams ability to win and fans ability to enjoy the games. I'd like to see alot less blown calls in this league and alot more consistency in what is called. Do I think the refs have played a part in a bunch of our loses, hell yeah, they've played a part in a bunch of our wins too. But the arguement that it all balances out is crap, because trust me, I'd rather have the calls today in the playoffs, than back in December. Point being, I'm a fan, I dedicate 82+ nights a year to this game, and I'll be damned if someone is gonna tell me I can't ***** about it if I feel we got hosed. Theres a big difference between blaming the refs for our losses, and pointing out how bad they do their jobs (affecting all teams).
Post of the year right there.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:35 PM
  #28
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue
 
Stanley Foobrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fooville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,480
vCash: 500
Not blaming it on the refs but you have to call a spade a spade. When two players seperate along the boards and one player has is free hand closed on the other players stick it's kind of hard to see how it's called hooking.

When a player breaks his stick and still continues to fight for the puck along the boards it's pretty difficult to understand how the ref overlooked a simple black and white rule and let that go.

Ultimately, not scoring on 2 third period powerplays is why the Rangers lost. But the inconsistences of officiating today is something the NHL is seriously going to have to look at. I believe that the inconsistence and incompetence of the officiating the last couple of seasons will start to drive fans away, or at least not follow the sport to the same degree that they used to.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:35 PM
  #29
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
well, then that's their problem and i'm sure the mods on other boards handle it, but don't make a whole new thread pretending the majority of us here do it. makes you look like you're selling us out.
No, it makes it look like he's tired of listening to people act like babies on the boards. And that includes our own.

I'm with him. It's bad enough when people give Ranger fans a bad rep. But I also can't stand having to sift through all the whiney posts about how the refs have it in for us.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:38 PM
  #30
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubinsky4Calder08 View Post
Post of the year right there.
great minds think alike

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM
  #31
rangers4ever2007
Registered User
 
rangers4ever2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
No, it makes it look like he's tired of listening to people act like babies on the boards. And that includes our own.

I'm with him. It's bad enough when people give Ranger fans a bad rep. But I also can't stand having to sift through all the whiney posts about how the refs have it in for us.
they don't, it's tough to interpret on a cyber message board but i say most of them are knee-jerk reaction threads anyway venting their frustration that rangers haven't been catching the right break at the right time.

as myself, i started one right after pens put it away with the EN goal.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:43 PM
  #32
lundy
Registered User
 
lundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
they don't, it's tough to interpret on a cyber message board but i say most of them are knee-jerk reaction threads anyway venting their frustration that rangers haven't been catching the right break at the right time.

as myself, i started one right after pens put it away with the EN goal.
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. You say it's tough to interpret stuff on a cyber message board, but you clearly had no problem interpreting mine. I'm just going to say that my interpretation of those messages is just as spot on as how you thought you've interpreted mine.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
  #33
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
I'd much rather read posts complaining about the refs, than ones calling for people to be traded or fired etc...
We've lost 2 games to a great team in their own building both essentially by a goal!!!

Quick lets tear this team down and start over!

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
  #34
rangers4ever2007
Registered User
 
rangers4ever2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. You say it's tough to interpret stuff on a cyber message board, but you clearly had no problem interpreting mine. I'm just going to say that my interpretation of those messages is just as spot on as how you thought you've interpreted mine.
i didn't. i just agreed with someone that went on to disagree with you.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:53 PM
  #35
lundy
Registered User
 
lundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
i didn't. i just agreed with someone that went on to disagree with you.
Ummm..i'm pretty sure he was agreeing with what I said.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:55 PM
  #36
rangers4ever2007
Registered User
 
rangers4ever2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Ummm..i'm pretty sure he was agreeing with what I said.
not from reading post #16 over again

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
  #37
lundy
Registered User
 
lundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
not from reading post #16 over again
I'm not sure how they relate since they were posted by two entirely different people.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:01 PM
  #38
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
It really bothers me that after each game we lose now, we feel the need to blame the refs. Yes, the call on Straka in game one was a bit weak, yes Staal should've been called for holding a broken stick, and YES, that was a quick whistle. BUT, the Rangers just couldn't score today. You can't win games if you can't score. So as far as I see it, they have no one to blame but themselves.

And is anyone else getting sick of seeing other Rangers fans blame the refs? Especially after we all flamed on the Devils fans for doing the same in their series against us? A bit hypocritical if you ask me. The refs have made some questionable calls, but there is no conspiracy against our team, we just have been slightly outplayed.

I'm sure someone will bash me for trying to make a statement here, but that's fine. I just thought that we might all try to take the high road and see that while the refs have made some questionable calls, the team just really hasn't played as they should.

Although I have full faith they'll pull something off back at the Garden.
Great post!

Should be a sticky!


Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:02 PM
  #39
rangers4ever2007
Registered User
 
rangers4ever2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
I'm not sure how they relate since they were posted by two entirely different people.
they are. to retrace, i agreed with what post #16 says and then you posted to me about how much longer you've been here, etc etc.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:07 PM
  #40
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Do we really need another one of these "I'm a better fan because I'm taking the high-road" threads?

If it makes someone feel better to blame the ref's, then who cares? Is it REALLY your problem? If Pens fans start threads titled "Your favorite excuses for losing" based on us.. who gives a crap?? I hate the Pens and most of their bandwagon fans, and I'm sure they hate a lot of us.

Did the ref's blow game 1? Yes. Did they blow game 2? No, our team did. Do we really need a thread devoted to why some fans are better than others? ..kind of answers itself, doesn't it?
Hockey is a emotional sport and I am always pissed at the reffs when watching a game. You can't get away from that.

But there is nothing in it to take that too much to www.hfboards.com. This place just turns to sheit when there is too much complaining.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:14 PM
  #41
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
You have to realize though that alot of us complain about these things because we hope the league makes changes, not because we think its the reason we lost. Every team is the victim of the leagues terrible officiating and at times it really hurts teams ability to win and fans ability to enjoy the games. I'd like to see alot less blown calls in this league and alot more consistency in what is called. Do I think the refs have played a part in a bunch of our loses, hell yeah, they've played a part in a bunch of our wins too. But the arguement that it all balances out is crap, because trust me, I'd rather have the calls today in the playoffs, than back in December. Point being, I'm a fan, I dedicate 82+ nights a year to this game, and I'll be damned if someone is gonna tell me I can't ***** about it if I feel we got hosed. Theres a big difference between blaming the refs for our losses, and pointing out how bad they do their jobs (affecting all teams).
Amen brotha, great post

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:21 PM
  #42
otterulz
 
otterulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Flushing
Country: South Korea
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
i dont care what you say, dont sell out fellow rangers fans
I don't think it's selling out fellow fans. Some on here need a reality check. I just wish some of us would realize that it's ok to hold the Rangers accountable instead of finding excuses for everything.

NBC showed a better replay of the Straka penalty from game 1 and it clearly showed Straka's skate bumping Sid's and knocking him off balance. Don't blame Sid, don't blame the refs, blame Straka.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:39 PM
  #43
sattar18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
especially someone with less than 500 posts

logic tells you that the starter of this thread is a sell-out or an icelander fan
i guess post count matters

why would you flame on someone because he 150 less posts then you.


i guess since he has a different opinion then you, he/she is a sell out or an isle fan

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:40 PM
  #44
rangers4ever2007
Registered User
 
rangers4ever2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattar18 View Post
i guess post count matters

why would you flame on someone because he 150 less posts then you.
eh, out of frustration. that post was like 5 minutes right after the game ended. i'm chilled now.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
  #45
sattar18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
eh, out of frustration. that post was like 5 minutes right after the game ended. i'm chilled now.
lol my bad then

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
  #46
blazeSS
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
It really bothers me that after each game we lose now, we feel the need to blame the refs. Yes, the call on Straka in game one was a bit weak, yes Staal should've been called for holding a broken stick, and YES, that was a quick whistle. BUT, the Rangers just couldn't score today. You can't win games if you can't score. So as far as I see it, they have no one to blame but themselves.

And is anyone else getting sick of seeing other Rangers fans blame the refs? Especially after we all flamed on the Devils fans for doing the same in their series against us? A bit hypocritical if you ask me. The refs have made some questionable calls, but there is no conspiracy against our team, we just have been slightly outplayed.

I'm sure someone will bash me for trying to make a statement here, but that's fine. I just thought that we might all try to take the high road and see that while the refs have made some questionable calls, the team just really hasn't played as they should.

Although I have full faith they'll pull something off back at the Garden.

i agree that the rangers have not played well...
but you know and i know the rangers don't win games by 3 or 4 goals, the rangers are not that type of team... they win close games so yes i blame the refs 85% and the rest is on renney

blazeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
  #47
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
You have to realize though that alot of us complain about these things because we hope the league makes changes, not because we think its the reason we lost. Every team is the victim of the leagues terrible officiating and at times it really hurts teams ability to win and fans ability to enjoy the games. I'd like to see alot less blown calls in this league and alot more consistency in what is called. Do I think the refs have played a part in a bunch of our loses, hell yeah, they've played a part in a bunch of our wins too. But the arguement that it all balances out is crap, because trust me, I'd rather have the calls today in the playoffs, than back in December. Point being, I'm a fan, I dedicate 82+ nights a year to this game, and I'll be damned if someone is gonna tell me I can't ***** about it if I feel we got hosed. Theres a big difference between blaming the refs for our losses, and pointing out how bad they do their jobs (affecting all teams).
Agree with just about everything here Dubi. Personally I thought game 2 was as well reffed as any game in the playoffs--though I thought the 1) Tyutin penalty was crap and though 2) I wish O'Halloran had been better positioned and a little more patient blowing his whistle on Straka's non-goal. Even so that is a call that happens to all teams at least a half dozen times a year. All in all the refereeing around the league is often sorry and almost always inconsistent. It's the source of a lot of frustration. One other thing--we all have our opinions on whether Mr. Crosby is diving or not, or even whether sitting down every time he loses the puck should be defined as a dive (it does seem to lead to a lot of pwp's for the Pens)--but considering the love affair the NHL--particularly its broadcasters seem to be falling all over themselves--praising and defending him every chance they get, always first to be interviewed even on the bench about penalty calls one can only conclude that the league office does have a favorite team in the hunt.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
  #48
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer
 
Whoot Whoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
I complain when the Rangers lose, and complain about other fans when they win. It's just called passion.

Lets go rangers!

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.