HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eddie O Please stop!

Old
04-27-2008, 07:03 PM
OldBlueSeats

vCash: 500
Eddie O Please stop!

Man Eddie O has to stop with the Crosby this the Crosby that, Right after 87 leaned into Tutin and Tutin PUSHED him over Eddie O was there to defend Slid the kid. "and there was the hold" said EddieO. a clear push on his sholder and he went down, but since when is this a penalty?? " Listen every player dives at some point, some do it more then others" he said then he went on to say he didnt flop? Why do the defend him so much? It would have been great to see him say "wow, he called a hold on that? he was shoved down while he had the puck, Bad call."

NBC = Nothing but Crosby. AO is 2X the player this guy is and NBC better get it right by touting him just as much if not more then Slid.

OldBlueSeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats View Post
Man Eddie O has to stop with the Crosby this the Crosby that, Right after 87 leaned into Tutin and Tutin PUSHED him over Eddie O was there to defend Slid the kid. "and there was the hold" said EddieO. a clear push on his sholder and he went down, but since when is this a penalty?? " Listen every player dives at some point, some do it more then others" he said then he went on to say he didnt flop? Why do the defend him so much? It would have been great to see him say "wow, he called a hold on that? he was shoved down while he had the puck, Bad call."

NBC = Nothing but Crosby. AO is 2X the player this guy is and NBC better get it right by touting him just as much if not more then Slid.
First off I do agree that they talk and defend him so much. But bringing AO into this is stupid. HE ISN'T PLAYING. And Sid gets ratings.

P.S. I'm not trying to be a troll i just saw this up in the recently added threads box.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
I didn't understand how a push to the shoulder is now holding.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:47 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
its cuz the NHL wants a family friendly product so everyone isnt disgusted when things start to get nasty

im sick of this league

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:49 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Wasn't a penalty.

That's called playing hockey.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:51 PM
torrencemd

thought that call on by tyutin on crosby was weak. but honestly weak calls went each way. all in all its a good series so far and you guys are far from out heading back to MSG.

torrencemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:52 PM
VaporLock

In other news, you arent supposed to use your free hand to grab someone and knock them over.

VaporLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

I honestly thought it was a good check, not a penalty. But whatever...

Randy Butternubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLock View Post
In other news, you arent supposed to use your free hand to grab someone and knock them over.
there was no grab. it was a push. sid had the puck. thats called making a good defensive play.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:57 PM
gaels22

kinda like the body slam put on callahan at the end of game 5 vs the devils. though the circumstances were different

gaels22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
its cuz the NHL wants a family friendly product so everyone isnt disgusted when things start to get nasty

im sick of this league
Eddie is a former RANGER. He as on the ****ING CUP TEAM.

How can he sit there and do that to his former team?

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:07 PM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubinsky4Calder08 View Post

He coached the Penguins more recently than that.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Doyle

Quote:

wasn't he also the Penguins COACH.

I remember him in the press box when we won the cup as well...

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
He coached the Penguins more recently than that.
Yeah, but he A. got fired from that organization.

B. Won Im pretty sure his ONLY cup with the Rangers.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats View Post

Can we stop with this? We knew before coming into this series that calls will go Crosby's way all game long, that's just the way it is. Last series calls went mostly the Devils' way, ridiculously in parts, and the Rangers prevailed.

Reffing shouldn't be an excuse, this team is good enough to beat the Penguins if they play their best hockey. So far they haven't done that, game 2 was close, but not close enough.

I fully believe that with or without Crosby getting calls, the Rangers will be able to tie this series up in NY.

Now game 2 is over, let's please focus on game 3.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:31 PM
MAF
Rookie User

Quote:
Yeah, but he A. got fired from that organization.

B. Won Im pretty sure his ONLY cup with the Rangers.
First, there was no way that the Penguins could have let him coach the team for much longer given the personnel they had and considering the standings (they were dead last at the time he was fired IIRC).

Second, He's not that bad as an analyst, but I can't stand him when NBC broadcasts a Penguins game, because he is obviously biased ... and that is a god-awful thing on a national broadcast. He permanently gives wrong stats concerning players/things when talking about his time there. And he surely doesn't say certain things that he should say as an analyst...so, if you have a chance to watch the game not on NBC, but on a different channel, do it.

MAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:42 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Guys, Tyutin's penalty was legit... Crosby was smart in leaning his weight against Toots in the corner, but he took his hand off of his stick and leaned on Sid's shoulder, ultimately pushing him down.

While I also feel that the officiating has been slanted against the Rangers for years, this call is not even near the top 100 of botched/bad calls against us since the lockout ended. The Rangers need to give an honest, hard-working effort for 60 minutes in order to win against the Pens in this series. Today was 10X better than Friday, but being at the Garden on Tuesday/Thursday will help. LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
FDBluth

Pens fan's take here. That play has been called a penalty all year. That being said, I don't agree that it should be called a penalty. I think it should be called good defense. But yeah, it has been a penalty all year. So I guess you have to take it for what it is. At least most reasonable people aren't complaining that it's a dive. Tyutin's a big strong dude.

Reffing in any sport is going to be incosistent at the best of times; there are always weak calls and non-calls in games both ways. There is no objective force that can automatically determine what every single penalty is, especially in hockey, where the rules are very subjective.

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:03 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
i would have no problem with the call if it was called the same way for both teams and called consistently, which clearly isn't the case.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:09 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
This would be my 100th post of the day about how bad the offciating in the league is so instead let me just sum it up with a list..

1) Thats not a penalty, its good hockey
2) Based on the officiating in the league it could happen to them in the garden next game
3) I've said it before and I'll say it again, if it was one of our guys getting those calls i'd be all for it (until the league found some consistency) there will always be some bad calls, but enough already, multiple ones per game should be unacceptable.
4) I worry that the best player in hockey's reputation is being damaged and not necessarily through his own actions, fans all over the league hate him because they believe he gets preferential treatment, which sometimes it seems he does, and truth be told thats why i cant stand him
5) They do need to wake up and let the announcers on national broadcasts know they are broadcasting for all fans, i start to hate Crosby even more when two guys enter the faceoff circle, yet the call is "Sidney Cosby gets set for the face-off" as if he's taking it alone!!!!!

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:51 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Eddie O's "Crosby isn't a diver" quote was one of the more humorous things I've seen on television this calendar year.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
This would be my 100th post of the day about how bad the offciating in the league is so instead let me just sum it up with a list..

1) Thats not a penalty, its good hockey
2) Based on the officiating in the league it could happen to them in the garden next game
3) I've said it before and I'll say it again, if it was one of our guys getting those calls i'd be all for it (until the league found some consistency) there will always be some bad calls, but enough already, multiple ones per game should be unacceptable.
4) I worry that the best player in hockey's reputation is being damaged and not necessarily through his own actions, fans all over the league hate him because they believe he gets preferential treatment, which sometimes it seems he does, and truth be told thats why i cant stand him
5) They do need to wake up and let the announcers on national broadcasts know they are broadcasting for all fans, i start to hate Crosby even more when two guys enter the faceoff circle, yet the call is "Sidney Cosby gets set for the face-off" as if he's taking it alone!!!!!
No offense man, but we actually had more PP's today then they did so IDK What your talking about as far as Crosby diving. Even when he dives we still had more PP's then they did...

Old
04-27-2008, 10:26 PM
smetana

Quote:
No offense man, but we actually had more PP's today then they did so IDK What your talking about as far as Crosby diving. Even when he dives we still had more PP's then they did...
shh.....quiet......put your tin foil back on and back away.......

smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Eddie O's "Crosby isn't a diver" quote was one of the more humorous things I've seen on television this calendar year.
I have to say, so I don't find much worth in whining at the inevitable, that was indeed one hilarious quote. Almost as funny as Stan claiming Jagr ran Brodeur with a knee to the head, and Joe calling him on it.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

I didn't realize Crosby was so weak on his skates. I have a new found respect for him. Its tough making in the NHL when you have the strength of a prepubescent girl.

What actually makes it worse for Crosby is that the networks have gone out of their way and over the top in an attempt to show how it's definitely a penalty. It makes it seem even more like a snow job.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote