HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

6 hits from 10 forwards?

Old
04-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
6 hits from 10 forwards?

I just looked atthe stats from the game and they confirmed what I saw with my own eyes...Excluding Cally (who was great), Avery (some times), and Jagr (who battled all game), the Ranger forwards played like a bunch of prancing pansies not intiating any contact, not exerting any pressure, not sacrifgicing their bodies..It was as far from a PO efort a group of forwards can give....Whether it's line-up changes or Renney doing soimething to get the same 12 guys to get some balls, this has to change drastically..

Personally, on home ice where we have the shift advantage, I would reunite the HBO line that played well against the pens all year..It's not like Prucha can effect anything or SJostrom has done anything for tha last 7-10 games...And then there's Shanny and Dawes...So, obviously, a line-up change won't be the cure, but a change in attitude and guts of the forwards might be...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
NYROrtsFan

I think I watch the game from the same eyes you do... At least get Hollweg out there for the basic reason that he truly makes people take notice. He is the only one on the team with the next level hitting that is capable of taking someone out of the game.

I would also put Drury (mainly defensively) in that list of people who played well. There are too many people not bringing anything. Shanahan, Dawes, Sjostrom. Heck, I love Prucha but he didn't bring anything either. (willing to give him another shot though) Even Betts has to play harder with the taking the body and applying pressure.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:34 PM
beastly115

Drury played a hell of a game. I think at one point he was out for the entire 2 mins of PK.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:48 PM
blandBob

It might be a good idea, as long as Hollweg understands the difference between hard-nosed legal and getting the whistle blown (sorry but he makes me nervous though I don't doubt his energy). But somehow we have to get people in causing some havoc on the forecheck. That's only one line and the rest have to pick it up (wasn't talking about Cally, he stood up to them). Dubinsky has let up on the hitting lately, I think he needs to bring that back up, his whole game gets better when he is fully involved.
went easy on them, he always loved to hit and plays his best hockey offensively when he is doing it.
Avery's going to be up, he pretty much sent that signal very clearly at the end of the game. I hope it's contagious and the coaches lay it down, but you shouldn't really have to spell it out at this time of year. If they don't come out hitting down 2-0 at home, then they never will. It will open up the ice for our forwards and give us some bounces, maybe Jagr will have someone to pass to. If we wait for the Penguins to screw up all on their own we are dead.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Ovens

Just to refresh everyones memory,here are the forwards hits and their ice time:

Cally 4 hits 11:48

Avery 3 hits 12.43

Betts 2 hits 7:27

Dubi 2 hits 18:16

Prucha 2 hits 5:50

Jagr 1 hit 19:35

Dawes no hits 8:13

Drury no hits 20.24

Freddy no hits 5:31

Gomer no hits 20:02

Shanny no hits 18:54

Straka no hits 20:45

Ovens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:59 AM
NYROrtsFan

Dawes isn't fast enough to get into position to put a hit on anyone... At least in this series. Don't expect Gomer or Straka to hit, but guys like Sjostrom MUST hit.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 11:32 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Shanny has to step it up. Hes been freakin invisible out there.

The sad thing is, i dont expect him to.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 11:51 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovens View Post
Just to refresh everyones memory,here are the forwards hits and their ice time:

Cally 4 hits 11:48

Avery 3 hits 12.43

Betts 2 hits 7:27

Dubi 2 hits 18:16

Prucha 2 hits 5:50

Jagr 1 hit 19:35

Dawes no hits 8:13

Drury no hits 20.24

Freddy no hits 5:31

Gomer no hits 20:02

Shanny no hits 18:54

Straka no hits 20:45

and people still think were not a soft team. how can u play 20 mins and not make one hit on someone

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 12:05 PM
chosen

Marcel was better than Sjostrom. Not a series difference maker but at least Hossa could keep the other team pinned in their own end, where they can't score from.

Anyone who can look at this thread and think Hollweg shouldn't be in the lineup.......

Then again, I don't understand why anyone felt that way before watching the sleepwalking of the 1st two games in this series.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 12:11 PM
chosen

Marcel was better than Sjostrom. Not a series difference maker but at least Hossa could keep the other team pinned in their own end, where they can't score from.

Anyone who can look at this thread and think Hollweg shouldn't be in the lineup.......

Then again, I don't understand why anyone felt that way before watching the sleepwalking of the 1st two games in this series.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

I've been makingthe Sjostrom-Hossa comparison for a long time...Sjostrom has done zero, just like Hossa did..Both are not as good as their skill set should make them..Neither are very physical and neither get many shots on goal/creat offense..

Somehow, I think I remember the Rangers winning the Devil series with Hollweg in the line-up..I also remeber the Rangers with a 4th line of HBO playing really well and beating the penguins a bunch of games earleir in the season..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote