HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

How is Dandy Still in our Lineup?

Old
04-28-2008, 09:20 AM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
How is Dandy Still in our Lineup?

Ok, First of all I like the guy and I know that Carbo likes to stick with a winning lineup...But even when we were winning games, that line, but mostly Dandy, has been pretty much invisible. The only goal they scored was that beauty from Mark Streit and I don't think Dandenault was even on the ice yet..He has looked awful for the most part and isen't even being physical lately..

If that line is not good on defense, you might as well try to make it good on offence. Try Michael Ryder or Gui Latendresse...it can't be worse then it is now, and at least those guys can score goals from time to time and create offense. I'm tired of having two D-Men play forward...like we don't have enough capable forwards to fill those spots!!

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-28-2008 at 10:05 AM.
FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:33 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Carbonnneaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
1 guy 2 cups.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Hopefully tonight is the end of the Dandenault experience with Carbo saying there would be changes yesterday.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Travis Moen

What's the point of this thread? Anyway, Dandy can't hear you because he has his two SC rings plugged in his ears.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
1 guy 2 cups.
he has 3 cups, just fyi.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:38 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Dandenault is easily the weakest link on this team. I would rather see Latendresse, Ryder or even Greg Stewart [highly unlikely] take his spot in the lineup.

habscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:42 AM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

Put Ryder in and double shift one of Kovalev, S.Kost and Higgins in Streit's spot as much as possible with that line. Giving us another line that will create chances.

If for nothing else than to have Ryder's right hand shot available in the off chance we get a 5-on-3 PP. Instead of freakin' Smolinski.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:42 AM
GoHabs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Ok, First of all I like the guy and I know that Carbo likes to stick with a winning lineup...But even when we were winning games, that line, but mostly Dandy, has been pretty much invisible. The only goal they scored was that beauty from Mark Streit and I don't think Dandenault was even on the ice yet..He has looked awful for the most part and isen't even being physical lately..

If that line is not good on defense, you might as well try to make it good on offence. Try Michael Ryder or Gui Latendresse...it can't be worse then it is now, and atleast those guys can score goals from time to time and create offense. I'm tired of having two D-Men play forward...like we don't have enough capable forwards to fill those sports!!

+1

Dandy

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:43 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcortex View Post
What's the point of this thread? Anyway, Dandy can't hear you because he has his two SC rings plugged in his ears.
Don't post in it then...

Old
04-28-2008, 09:44 AM
dutchy29

Regardless of how many cups he has is irrevelant, especially when you are noticeably not playing up to par or adding much to the line up, physically or offensively, and like the above mentioned thread I think the majority agree it would be nice to see a change on that line. I'm pretty sure we will get our wish following the recent loss.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Bullsmith

I was amazed Dandy played last game. I sure hope it's the last we see of him, at least against Philly.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:54 AM
FrankMTL

I woulden't mind if he was playing somewhat decent, and putting in a solid effort (Hitting, Skating, Causing Havoc). but he's doing NOTHING. If you don't care if that line scores or not atleast put someone like Stewart in the lineup that can be physical and can skate and fight. If you want some more offence, put Ryder or Lats in the lineup...

Old
04-28-2008, 10:01 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
he has 3 cups, just fyi.
He played in the Final Red Wings Win in 2001-02, the other two Championships he was on the regular season roster but didn't factor in the playoffs (games played)...he may have 3 rings, but he only earned 1.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:07 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

He's a power forward out there, always throwing hits, playing excellent defensively and creating many scoring chances with his great hands. Also he has excellent hockey sense and he doesn't take any stupid penalties.

GTFO DANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:17 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Am I the only one who thinks that Grabovski, with his speed, would be an appropriate addition to the line-up? Seems to me that the fast pace in this series would be the ideal time for Grabovski's appearance.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:18 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Grabovski, with his speed, would be an appropriate addition to the line-up? Seems to me that the fast pace in this series would be the ideal time for Grabovski's appearance.
agree

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Turbo

Yeah, I pretty much dislike that whole line as it is.

That said, this is pretty much the 4th line. This is not the line you count on to win games - though they are having trouble in the defensive zone and some turnovers cost goals.

Since Dandenault hasn't contributed much offensively either, his worth is greatly diminished. He's -3 if I recall correctly and was never on the ice when Lapierre's line scored (both times on shift changes - once when Kosto was on the ice with them, and the other when Streit scored and Kovalev was there).

Basically, since there's two guys (Ryder or Lats) that could do as good a job on the bench and Dandy hasn't done much, these guys might be worth a try in replacement.

Part of me is probably having issues with the fact that he wasn't one of the guys that took this team to 1st in the east during the season either - he was in the press box while the team was being successful.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
compile

vCash: 611
So roll 3 offensive lines.
Suffer on the PK. Exhaust Begin, Smoks and T.KO, smart.
You only need 2 scoring lines. 1 shutdown, 1 engery.
Sit Dandy that's fine but don't start double shifting Kovy, or the Kostis you'll drain them.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:33 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
He's a power forward out there, always throwing hits, playing excellent defensively and creating many scoring chances with his great hands. Also he has excellent hockey sense and he doesn't take any stupid penalties.

GTFO DANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was about to say what? Then I saw your post went further down...don't do that to me!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:37 AM
bipolarhabfan

He brings nothing of value to the line up. If you want speed plaace Ryder on that line but if you want some size place Lats there. They cannot be any worse than the ghost.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Megaforce

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks that Grabovski, with his speed, would be an appropriate addition to the line-up?
Nope. Watching ligthnin' Grabbo zoom around those Philly Defence pylons would be the most fun you could have with your clothes on. The Habs don't want to win that easily, we've want those extra home games.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 11:02 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
I've repeatedly suggested that but some people keep responding "he can't handle the physical play". Grabovski would thrive in this series, just picture Smith and Hatcher trying to handle his speed considering they can't even keep up with Plekanec. A fourth line of Streit-Grabovski-Lapierre would be great as all 3 can skate and Lapierre played a lot better on the wing during the year compared to center.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 11:04 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I have been wondering what he brings to the team that requires his being in the lineup. Maybe I am missing something but he seems to be invisible at best.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 11:14 AM
rudethedude66

hes not!...lats is in

rudethedude66 is offline   Reply With Quote