HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Halak start next game?

View Poll Results: Start who?
Halak 148 37.66%
Price 212 53.94%
Danis 22 5.60%
Other 11 2.80%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2008, 08:59 PM
tiredman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
BANDWAGONBANDWAGONBANDWAGONBANDWAGONBANDWAGONANDWA GON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do you understand and admit that he sucked in many of the recent games ? it's not about being a bandwagonner or not. he sucks =>a decision has to be taken; and imo, the decision to take is not to wait after the series and say; "what if he played halak instead". it's all about having common sense or not.

Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
Damn Halak was awesome tonight. He made 3 amazing saves, unbelievable! BANDWAGON'D!
Well he made one more big save than Price.

That being said I don't really care.
What we need is to score the 1st goal.

Old
TheCH*

Quote:
Damn Halak was awesome tonight. He made 3 amazing saves, unbelievable! BANDWAGON'D!

Halak did make a HUGE save tonight. But anyway, starting him next game has nothing to do with the way he played, it has to do with the way Price has played in 5 of the last 6 games.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
why? just for the sake of it?
1) Because he's bounced back every time.... see after the SJ game.... see game 7 against Boston (if not for Price we would've been down 3-1 after the first and its a whole different game).

2) He's your number 1 for a reason.... Thats because he is better than Halak.

3) Its only 2-1... if it was 3-1 i might feel different... but its only 2-1 and you don't change your goalie now.

Old
BoNeS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu2001 View Post
you live and die with your number 1 thats it, if it wasnt for Price we would be golfing, hes not the problem, its just luck ffs, we will win this one, just need a break thats all, I have never seen a team with the luck that philly has but luck doesnt least forever.
No man, you are wrong. Let's show Price that he isn't our #1 anymore, and trade him for a 2nd pick this summer

Old
jordy

Price has been horri-awful the last 5 out of 6 games. He had no business being in the nets tonight after his game 2 performance and has been given every chance to get his game back together. He simply cant make a glove save right now and his confidence is wrecked. Wednesday game is almost a due or die situation and we cant take another chance that Price will get his game together. Also i would like to add that even though halak had only 2 shots he made 1 very nice stop when he had to slide over on the one timer pass. If price was in the nets its probally 4-0 philly right there and impossible to get back in it, halak did what he had to do to give his team a chance. Lets just hope the habs can keep firing at biron and hopefully he breaks down and that Halak gives us some good PLAYOFF goaltending..something price has been unable to provide.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
Price one more time. Be quick on the yank if theres any signs of weak goals.
Agreed...give him one more start. At the first sign of weakness, you pull him. You could tell he was off his game toight even before the Flyers scored. He was dropping routine saves and every save looked painful.

Old
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Listen I'll cheer for whoever is in net because I AM A HABS FAN but our 20 year old goalie does not look mentally sharp. I'm not sure how anyone could say or think otherwise. If he does start then I hope his benching the 3rd period will wake him the **** up. He was amazing down the stretch but he just seems so unfocused.

Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
do you understand and admit that he sucked in many of the recent games ? it's not about being a bandwagonner or not. he sucks =>a decision has to be taken; and imo, the decision to take is not to wait after the series and say; "what if he played halak instead".
Bah...we can't say anything negative on these boards right now.
Some posters feel so powerful with their bandwagon accusations.
It's so IN...

Old
04-28-2008, 09:02 PM
LyleOdelein

I think Danis is the only option that makes sense right now. You have to play Danis at this point. WOK WITH YANN!

Old
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
Price has been horri-awful the last 5 out of 6 games. He had no business being in the nets tonight after his game 2 performance and has been given every chance to get his game back together. He simply cant make a glove save right now and his confidence is wrecked. Wednesday game is almost a due or die situation and we cant take another chance that Price will get his game together. Also i would like to add that even though halak had only 2 shots he made 1 very nice stop when he had to slide over on the one timer pass. If price was in the nets its probally 4-0 philly right there and impossible to get back in it, halak did what he had to do to give his team a chance. Lets just hope the habs can keep firing at biron and hopefully he breaks down and that Halak gives us some good PLAYOFF goaltending..something price has been unable to provide.
Price was not awful in game 6 vs Boston.... (had no help from the D)
Price was not awful in game 1 vs Philly....

Old
CBBRH

Send a message via MSN to CBBRH
I say we play Price the next game. We need to score the first goal for once.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:03 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Lol @ everyone who vote for halak or danis! Please everyone know price will be in net! We will die with price

Old
sheed36

I don't give a crap who Carbo plays as long as the Habs win game 4 and this series but it will almost certainly be Price in game 4.......

Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
1) Because he's bounced back every time.... see after the SJ game.... see game 7 against Boston (if not for Price we would've been down 3-1 after the first and its a whole different game).
hmmm he hasn't bounced back after game 5...and he certainly hasn't bounced back tonight.

Old
Arctic_Hab_Fan

I'm not a band wagon fan so don't even go there, Price has been absolutely horrible in this series...the team bailed him out in game one, you watch the game and the habs are by far the better team...their scoring chances are lob sided in their favor but Price has let in SOFT goals.

Price's season has been long, his played alot of hockey up to now...I think its safe to say he is tired now.

Halak gets the start, there are no ifs or buts about it...If the team was being outplayed and looked to be out of it, I'd lose with Price but that isn't the case.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Bullsmith

In a seven game series, you have to give your goalie 2 losses worth of rope. Both the first and second goals the shooter couldn't even really see where they were shooting.

Kudos to Guy for the pull though. And the quick hook is in for the next game, but Price starts.

This team can, should and will beat Philly without Price, but without Price on his A game, I think that's as far as we go.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
hmmm he hasn't bounced back after game 5...and he certainly hasn't bounced back tonight.
game 6 how many goals were his fault??

Old
dlandry77

Quote:
There's one thing a goalie can't do. ****ING SCORE! We gotta stop blaming Price, and start looking forward. Yes he wasn't at his best tonight, and last game too, but if we're here, and we took the 1st place in the East, it's because of him, and the old team that used to play like lions all night.

Now we look like little rat shooting on Biron pads to increase our shots total.

Come on, we all love Price. But the Flyers had 14 shots and we had 33. You can't lose a game with that much dominance. There is something bothering Price, just give him a rest. It does not mean he still is not a great goalie. He is a kid still and learning, its possible he could be fatigued.

Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
do you understand and admit that he sucked in many of the recent games ? it's not about being a bandwagonner or not. he sucks =>a decision has to be taken; and imo, the decision to take is not to wait after the series and say; "what if he played halak instead". it's all about having common sense or not.
Do you understand that the team in front of him hasn't given him a lead to defend?

It was 0-0 after 1 period, Montreal did nothing on the PP a 5-3 and didn't get one shot past Biron in 8 shots.

Price wasn't sharp, but his team in front doesn't get him too many leads or cushions either.

Play Halak and you make a big mistake, Price is your goalie that got you here...you don't desert him now because of poor offensive play on your teams part.

Old
Boardish

I really love Price, but I wouldn't mind putting Halak in the net next game. I don't think Carbonneau will do it tho.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
FWIW Price got pulled in the Calder cup run and started the next game.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
FWIW Price got pulled in the Calder cup run and started the next game.
Didn't they win the game he got pulled in?

Old
04-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I am not sure what to think. We need solid goaltending and we obviously know what price is capable of, but he is clearly struggling now, and it has cost us 2 games in a row now.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:07 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
game 6 how many goals were his fault??
Well he wasn't really bad in game 6 but he still gave up 5 goals.

That being said, watching Carb's press conference I have the feeling he will start Halak. He certainly didn't try to defend Price anyway.

Closed Thread