HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Does Halak start next game?

View Poll Results: Start who?
Halak 148 37.66%
Price 212 53.94%
Danis 22 5.60%
Other 11 2.80%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Form and Substance

vCash: 500
Yes he does, think back to Carolina on their cup run 2 years ago, they sat Ward for a few games in favour of Gerber.
Halak is a capable netminder, I hope he plays well enough to douse those Flyers.

He needs it, he's elsewhere at the moment. I was angry at him, but then I realized, he's a freakin 20 year old rookie goaltender playing in the biggest pressure cooker in the league.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
TheCH*

Why are people saying we are hopping the bandwagon for voting for Halak? Are you kidding me? Quit being Carey Price fanboys!! He has looked out of it for 5 of the last 6 games. Like David Aebischer out of it! If i am one of his teammates, then i have lost complete faith in him. Halak is a great goalie and is very capable of carrying this team. There is no bandwagon hopping here, i cheer for the habs and not the name on the back.

Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Could be worse, we could have David Swiss Cheese Aebisher in nets.

Old
transitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
What a stupid ****ing poll.
I agree 100%. Why, would you ever consider taking Price out? It just doesn't make any sense. Maybe if his defenscemen would either block a shot or get the hell out of the way that he can actually see the puck. This is what ticks me off about so called fans, blame the goalie and put in the back up. He is the back up for a reason, why can't you people understand this.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:33 PM
HF-Addict

Time for Halak.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by transitguy View Post
I agree 100%. Why, would you ever consider taking Price out? It just doesn't make any sense. Maybe if his defenscemen would either block a shot or get the hell out of the way that he can actually see the puck. This is what ticks me off about so called fans, blame the goalie and put in the back up. He is the back up for a reason, why can't you people understand this.
Price was given this post on a silver plate over Halak, he did not fight for it

allowing 3 goals on 12 shot is sure for me a problem

Ducks did it with Bryz last year, Halak got everything he can need for being a number 1

Old
04-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Slick Nick

The way Carbo spoke about the issue (Price) in his post game comments, I have a strong feeling that Halak's going to start on wednesday... I'm not opposed to it.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:36 PM
NASRT

Price
play Halak instead of Lapierre

Old
04-28-2008, 09:36 PM
transitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
It has nothing to do with that. Have you watched him play in this series? Something isn't right...and I think he is just mentally exhausted. His focus is not there. Of course I'll cheer for him if he starts Game 4 but I think he needs a rest.
How does a 20 year old who lives for the game be mentally exhausted? Maybe the bums in front of him called defensemen could actually block a shot, move someone out standing in front of him or better yet get the hell out of his sight line so he could actually see the puck. So of you so called fans are just so .......

Old
04-28-2008, 09:37 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
How does a 20 year old who lives for the game be mentally exhausted? Maybe the bums in front of him called defensemen could actually block a shot, move someone out standing in front of him or better yet get the hell out of his sight line so he could actually see the puck. So of you so called fans are just so .......
You see. We are fans of this team. Not fan of individuals. I want this team to win and I feel Halak will give us a better chance next game. End of story.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Mother Pucker

Price needs to cooldown a bit. Being benched is the best thing for him and for the team at this point. We lost 2 games because of his poor play, enough is enough! Let Halak win the next one then Price can come back in game 6. If he's shaky again then who goals in game 7 will be a tough choice.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Why can't you watch the games and pay attention.

A shakeup is necessary, Price is the greater risk right now. Even if you think he's faultless for tonight's 3 goals his recent play is creeping into everyone's thoughts.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:39 PM
BigM

As much as I like Price - and I do - his stats over his last 15 periods (starting with the first of the Boston 4 goal 3rd periods, where he started to show some weakness) are worrisome: .858 save percentage and a 3.80 GAA. And it's not like the opposition we faced were offensive powerhouses. My concern is his confidence and the confidence of his teammates. I think Carbo will likely go back to him next game, but I wouldn't be shocked if he went with Halak either.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Travis Moen

I voted Danis just to **** up this poll.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

You trade Huet to let Price handle the playoffs. If you traded Huet, it's either 'cause you think Price will be great and do a better job than Huet or.....might lose but will be a tremendous experience for his future and our future.

So......let's put Halak in??? So why did we trade Huet for? That trade wasn't made for Halak to play, it was made for Price to shine or at the very worst to give him some experience.

Do you seriously think that Halak great stature won't permit the Flyers snipers to roof it up more often than Price.

You live or die with Price. Like we should've lived and died with Ryder alongside Koivu and Higgs.

Old
Turbo

Next game is the crucial game of the series.

You live and die with Price. You must come back with him and Price must respond and get the job done.

Old
Complaining Customer

I sure hope that second pick turns good... That Huet trade was pretty stupid.

(as for the poll: I agree, live and die with Price, assume what you've done)

Old
04-28-2008, 09:42 PM
transitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Price was given this post on a silver plate over Halak, he did not fight for it

allowing 3 goals on 12 shot is sure for me a problem

Ducks did it with Bryz last year, Halak got everything he can need for being a number 1
Do you think the management and scouting of this team is stupid! They evaluated both goalies and obviously they determined Price is the guy. You want to give Halak a shot at the number 1 job? Wait for training camp not in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Old
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Price. He comes back strong after a tough one.
That's what was said last game.

Honestly, I've always thought you live and die by your #1 goalie.
Do I think Halak will start the next game? No.

Goaltending (which has been bad this whole series) doesn't bother me as much as the missed scoring opportunities and Yvon and Pierre brought up a point that should be considered. When the team in front of you isn't capitalizing on opportunities I can't help but think it affects the goalie.

Regardless, whoever starts the next game, I will be looking for better finish from our forwards, I don't care how it's done, just put some goal into the opposing team's net.

Old
jordy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Price was not awful in game 6 vs Boston.... (had no help from the D)
Price was not awful in game 1 vs Philly....
hahaha. G'way bi you obviously havent been watching the same games i have. For some reason theres a MYTH around here and in hockey circles that price is the reason for the habs success. They say ohh he should be Rookie of the year when he was clearly outplayed by guys like Kane, Backstrom and Toews, they say oh hes the reason the habs are first overall in the east, when Christobal Huet won more than half of the games and they say that he won us the series against Boston even though it was his horrible goaltending in game 5 and 6 that got us into the mess. I'm praying that Price stays where he belongs, with a towel over his head on the bench. He's an awesome goalie for a ROOKIE but he has CRACKED and it's time we went with someone else.

Last edited by jordy: 04-28-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old
04-28-2008, 09:43 PM
freakin

You gotta ride the hot hand, and that no question is Halak.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You trade Huet to let Price handle the playoffs. If you traded Huet, it's either 'cause you think Price will be great and do a better job than Huet or.....might lose but will be a tremendous experience for his future and our future.

So......let's put Halak in??? So why did we trade Huet for? That trade wasn't made for Halak to play, it was made for Price to shine or at the very worst to give him some experience.

Do you seriously think that Halak great stature won't permit the Flyers snipers to roof it up more often than Price.

You live or die with Price. Like we should've lived and died with Ryder alongside Koivu and Higgs.
Ha. Were you reading my mind as I was typing my response. Needless to say I agree.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
No.

Price.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:44 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Anyone else get the feeling that if we do anything except win the Stanley Cup, people are always going to bring up the Huet trade?

"omg the habs lost the cup in 7 games...hope that 2nd rounder is worth it gainey "

Old
04-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Anyone else get the feeling that if we do anything except win the Stanley Cup, people are always going to bring up the Huet trade?

"omg the habs lost the cup in 7 games...hope that 2nd rounder is worth it gainey "
It's not a feeling. It's happening already.

Closed Thread